À propos de ce logement
A contemporary restoration of an original 1940's farm house. The last property at the end of a quiet and picturesque country lane. The property is 4 bed, 2 bath. It has chefs kitchen, wrap around verandahs, open plan living area, log fire and amazing views. Surrounding the property are dairy farms and horse paddocks.
Lane's end is a contemporary architect designed restoration project that has (nearly!) been completed by award winning master builder and owner of the house J2 Build South Coast. The design features extensive use of recycled timbers, natural stone and restored period features. The open plan living space is a perfect backdrop for the owners art collection. This area flows onto outdoor dining areas with views over the stunning 100 year old gardens. In the paddock adjacent to the main house, 15 metres away, is a cottage that is currently being restored. This cottage is used by the owners on weekends (aka is never rented to another group). It has a separate orientation & entrance to maximise privacy. (see aerial image for proximity to house).
Accès des voyageurs
The house is set up for entertaining and relaxing. You are welcome to use our fully equipped kitchen, read from our extensive library, have your kids make use of toys, puzzles, dvd's and books. The large herb and vegetable garden is there to augment your meals, the orange and lemon trees will provide you with juice and the chickens onsite should provide plenty of eggs for Sunday breakfast.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
This is not a B&B with a hovering host nor a hotel with ironed sheets and a deficit of soul. We would like you to enjoy our property with peace and privacy. There is a cottage in the paddock to the west of the property that we are renovating and stay in when we have guests in the house that has its own private entrance and does not share the same aspect (please look at the aerial photo of the property for proximity to house). If you have any dramas we are close at hand. Otherwise you may only see us in passing as we feed the animals. Please see the aerial image of the property to get a good idea of proximity and spaces.
- Things that are included in the booking are: linen, towels, local sourdough bread, milk and eggs. There is wifi here- you are absolutely welcome to use it.
- The things that we operate an honesty box system for are: Wine ($20 a bottle), Apple TV (for new music or tv/movie rentals pay waterer the $ per rental is) and Wood. Apologies for this- firewood is super expensive and people tend to burn a lot on weekends away- we have had to recoup some costs. The gas is there for free if you want to just use that.
IMPORTANT NOTES OF COMMON SENSE WHEN CONSIDERING IF HOLIDAYING IN THE COUNTRY IS RIGHT FOR YOU
It's not a big deal, but you would be surprised by how many people are surprised to encounter nature when they come to the country to spend some time in nature ;)
We have animals- dogs, pigs, chickens and horses- and live next to 3 farms with more of the same. The house and garden will be animal free (barring the occasional escapee calf, piglet or pony or a visiting neighbours pooch) for your stay- but if you are concerned then this may not be the property for you.
Also- whilst the house is set up for kids- it is a country property with climbing trees, a yard that leads onto paddocks with cows, an unfenced 2m deep dam, horses and electric fences. There is a treehouse that is quite high and a very shallow pond in the garden. These are all potential hazards for unsupervised children. Their safety in the big wide world is your sole responsibility and your booking of this property confirms your acknowledgment of that.
A visit to the country will include encounters of the insect kind, especially in the warmer months. There are more spiders, mosquitoes, lizards, birds and flies in Berry than there are in the CBD. It's not snakey here- but exercise caution if walking in long grass or accessing wood piles.
The house is fitted with insect screens, but for them to do their job you need to keep screens closed, especially at dusk. There are fans for all rooms and we provide insect repellant and fly spray etc.
-We want you to feel like you are at home, but expect you to behave as if you were at your mother in laws!
-Our good relationship with our farming neighbours is worth way more than any booking- so the following are essential:
- Keep gates as you found them and DO NOT enter any private property.
- the office in the garden, sheds and cottage (except the shared laundry that is the first door on the left) are off limits to guests.
- If you have a dog or children that harass/disturb any of their animals we reserve the right to terminate the stay.
- If you entertain at high volume after 10pm at night our 3 neighbours all have our mobile numbers to call us and make sure that you keep your stay to a respectable level.
- If you have children as part of your group it is your responsibility to let us know. We can, and will, place a temporary electric fence around the dam. It is not required by law or intended as a proxy for your vigilant supervision, but we are happy to do it as an additional safeguard. By accepting this booking you take 100% responsibility for the supervision and safety of your children. Please be careful.
- If you borrow or use any of our goods make sure you return them. If you really love a half finished book make an arrangement with us to return it when you're done. If you break something or damage something we would love to know so we can replace it for the next guest.
- If you use the campfire in the garden then you must extinguish the flames before retiring for the night. An unsupervised fire is an unacceptable risk in this area.
- Lastly, we have a great review history and value 99% of the wonderful interactions we have had with our AIRbnb guests over nearly 4 years now. The 2 hideous experiences we have had have both been with lawyers. We are so tempted to make a house ban on lawyers......but we won't. So if you are a lawyer, and habitually approach the world with an adversarial attitude to any drama and a horrid sense of punitive entitlement..... please stay somewhere else. Yep, you're the one's reading the fine print, so we know you see this. Yep. You. We're talking to you. Can you do us a favour and book somewhere else so we can go back to loving our Airbnb guests wholeheartedly, with no fear, and no reservations.
-To the 99% who are reasonable people, we can't wait to meet you.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % et les frais de service vous sont remboursés intégralement.
My name is Kate- i'm an arts worker living down in Berry on the NSW South Coast with my husband Jacques- an award winning builder. Our place is on a few acres in Berry and we share it with our 3 kids, horses, dogs, pigs and chickens. We are 4 years into our sea/tree change experiment and loving it.