Private and relaxing ground floor Studio. Newly built modern and airy building with high ceilings. Gated cedar fence, private sunny patio area w private entrance. Natural lighting with large south facing and garden windows. Main lighting all on dimmers. Full kitchen, New Queen size bed. Mix of Midcentury vintage and modern furniture. This is not a basement. Very quiet area. Easy private parking. 3 blocks to beautiful Mt. Tabor park and fun Division St., 5 min to Hawthorne, & the 205 & 26 hwys
- Located in the lovely South Tabor neighborhood, on a 1/3 acre corner lot.
- Plenty of privacy and relaxation!
- Private parking in front of studio entrance.
- New modern lighting, all on dimmers :)
- Mix of modern and vintage furniture.
- TV with Netflix.
- New queen size bed and frame
- Fully modernized with high ceilings, converted from a large 2 car garage - it was rebuilt into a modern furnished studio unit.
- Well insulated with wall heaters and carpeting.
- Windows on 3 sides of building, surrounded by trees and greenery.
- Natural toiletries provided for your stay (shower gel, hand soap, lotion, shampoo, conditioner & the dish soap).
- Only natural products used for cleaning.
- Garden is large with additional chairs, table, loungers, and large lawn to relax around on.
Owner lives next door/ around the corner
Accès des voyageurs
Expansive back yard is available to relax in at your convenience.
Front patio with new private fully fenced garden area with latched gate, and motion lighting and additional outdoor lighting to be turned on and off as guest desires. 2 outdoor chairs and small table on patio.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We are available to be a host as much as you need (or don't need) :) Directions, suggestions, etc..
We live next door to the studio in a separate house, and are available any time for help or questions.
We have 2 sweet and friendly cats, but they do not go into the studio.
Organic coffee for coffee maker, assortment of tea, 1/2 & 1/2 or nondairy creamer, and sugar provided. Let us know if you are not coffee drinkers :)
Also there will either be a bar of dark chocolate or a bottle of lemonade for you as a treat.
We also provide a bottle of olive oil, salt, pepper, soy sauce, spices for cooking. The kitchen is fully stocked with cookware, kettle, microwave and toaster. Full size stove and refrigerator.
- Communication and respect is key, since we're all grown ups :)
- We would love the place to be treated with kindness, as if it were your own home. Wipe down surfaces before you leave please.
- Occasionally on a case by case basis, I sometimes allow a well behaved dog in the studio. The owner must also vaccum before leaving.
- No heavy frying please, to keep the studio smelling fresh for the next guest. Regular amounts of cooking is fine. The stove is vented. Windows can be opened during the warmer parts of the year when cooking too.
- Use care not to break things, and communicate with us if anything happens, and replace anything /or compensate us if an accident happens please.
- No loud noises after 10.
- No smoking inside. You can smoke outdoors on the patio or in the garden spaces.
- No pets please (unless we discuss and agree on it before hand).
Thanks, we really appreciate it!
I'm originally a native of San Francisco, and moved to Portland with my family 12 years ago to be in a more relaxed city. I have close friends and family all over the world (Europe, Mexico, Australia) , and am super excited to be a host and a destination for travelers! I love gardening, cooking, dancing, rollerskating, hiking, film, music, and raising my wonderful daughter. I work in the world of media, and also natural health. I volunteered 6 years running the school gardening program at the local elementary school. We try to grow a lot of our favorite food in our garden, and love our relaxing friendly neighborhood. Our home is on 1/3 acre lot, and it's like country living in the city. Basically it feels like the best of both worlds! We like to walk out the front door over to Mt Tabor a couple times a week for a healthy 1-2 hour walk.