Need a home-away cozy apartment in the bustling Guangzhou city at a convenient location?
This is your choice!
- Located in a traditional residence with strong atmosphere of life and local color, with all kinds of facilities for your comfort and convenience.
- 5 minutes' walk to Baogangdadao MTR Station, within half an hour to most of the tour scenic spots by public transport.
- Nice and clean equipped with Cantonese furniture. Delicate private courtyard outside the bedroom's window for your leisure time.
- One of the biggest food market of the city nearby. All kinds of local foods&fruits can be found in the lively market.
- Your hosts, Alice and I, are native-born locals both serving in international hospitality field, who would like to provide all the information and help for organizing your trip in the city.
Looking for more details? See the below...
- Equipped with traditional Cantonese furniture, nice and clean.
- A Comfy double-bed with soft mattress in the air conditioned bedroom. Delicate private courtyard outside the bedroom's window for your leisure time.
- A kid's room equipped with a brand-new kid-size bed, which is for kids younger than school age.
- Additional air-bed added on request. Sleeping space for up to four guests can be arranged.
- Full equipped kitchen available for self-catering.
- Bathroom with hot showers and shampoo available.
- Free Hi-speed WiFi connection.
- TV, DVD, washing machine, refrigerator for your use.
We are native-born locals in our mid-thirties with our lovely baby, Cici, residing in the next door of the guests' apartment. Alice and I have been serving in international hospitality field for more than decade, who know the demands of travelers aiming at sightseeing and/or business visit very well. We would like to provide all the information and help for organizing your trip in Guangzhou. We would help planning your sightseeing route in the city and Hong Kong/Macau as well, finding delicious Cantonese foods for you in very secret locations, arranging transport for your business trips from/to other cities, and even finding a professional interpreter for your business meetings! Just tell us exactly what you need:-) And if possible, we would like to invite you having dinner with us, enjoying our local style home cooked meal - the host can cook!
We offer not only a place to stay, but also a touch to the common life in Guangzhou.
- Located in Shayuan, Haizhu district, a traditional residence with strong atmosphere of life and local color.
- In a building protected by IC Card Security System, safe and peaceful all day long.
- All kinds of living facilities for daily life comes in handy. Both Chinese and Western style restaurants just round the corner.
- One of the biggest food market of the city nearby. All kinds of local foods&fruits could be found in the lively market.
- The 100 years old Pacific Wharf (renewed now) is just 15 minutes walking distance. It offers high-end shopping, wine tasting, cinema, food, and a private yacht dock.
- 5 minutes on foot to metro station(Baogangdadao, Line 8) and bus lines.
- 20 minutes to commercial center in the old city(Beijing Rd, Shangxiajiu, Yuexiu Park, etc.).
- 25 minutes to Pazhou Exhibition Center(Canton Fair).
- 35 minutes to Guanghou East Railway Station(with Hong Kong-Guangzhou direct train, Shengzhen-Guangzhou CRH and trains from all major cities of China).
- 40 minutes to Chimelong Water Park and Chimelong Happy World.
- 50 minutes from the Airport by metro or by airport shuttle bus.
- Most of the tour scenic spots are easy to go by public transportation within half an hour.
- Q: Is this a hotel?
- A: No. This is NOT a hotel but our own place. Mutual respect and adequate consideration is a must. If you love being pampered in fancy hotels or residing in dazzling night life, this is NOT the place for you.
- Q: Is there any additional charges during my stay?
- A: No. This is NOT a hotel. There won't be annoying additional charges.
- Q: Is your place clean and tidy?
- A: Yes, we keep our place clean and tidy as possible as we could. We have our apartment cleaned once a week on Thursday morning by professional housekeeper. The bedclothes and blankets are changed & washed after every guest move out.
- Q: Is your place close to the airport?
- A: No. Actually the airport - Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport - is located at the suburbs, where is about 35 kilometers from the downtown. Our place is definitely NOT close to the airport. But with convenient metro lines, it takes only about one hour to get there from my place.
- Q: How far is it from your place to ...?
- A: Please provide the precise address or the building of the destination. We would like to find out for you the best means of transport and an estimation of time/money cost.
- Q: Can I pay by cash?
- A: All the reservations need to be made on airbnb. Paying by cash is NOT encouraged.
Got any more questions? Feel free to contact us!
Please make an inquiry in which you mention your age range, profession and purpose of the trip. We will reply ASAP because we know clearly how much it helps planning your trip.
Stephen & Alice
Stephen and Alice were the perfect hosts. I had a great time and got to know Guangzhou in a way I never experienced before in China. To be in Chinese family and enjoy their company. I have travelled in China since the 80's and it is the first time that I actually got close to a Chinese family and it was a great experience.
Truth be told I was a little hesitant when I first arrived as the place is in a really old-fashioned traditional neighbourhood of Guangzhou, and it was a very new experience for me and not quite what I had remembered booking. But that is more my faulty memory and probably my general disposition when I arrived that kicked in more than the accommodation itself! The place was completely sufficient for what I needed and I had a high degree of freedom to come and go as needed. Stephen and Alice were very welcoming and went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. There are a few quirks with the place that took some getting used to but that is part of the whole AirBnB experience (and in fairness this was my first time to China). In retrospect it was a wonderful stay and well located from the MTR. I would gladly go back.
Alice and Stephen are very friendly and helpful. Stephen gave detailed instructions how to reach their flat from the airport and Alice met us on the subway station. So we avoided a common shock when you come to a new city and begin to find out how to get somewhere.
The location is close to the subway Baogangdadao and also the supermarket and restaurants are not far.
The flat is nice, there are three pretty cats in the small inner yard.
Alice and Stephen helped us every time when we had questions, they also helped us to buy the tickets to Changlong circus.
We are really very glad that we found this flat here and if we come back we will probably stay there again.
During our stay, we only met Alice who was eager to help and offer advice on local attractions. She was also very flexible with check out times.
The house has a distinct Chinese decor and provided important amenities such as strong WiFi signals and a handy washing machine which we used many times. We rarely used the kitchen because food was relatively cheap and there were many great yum cha restaurants / Chinese eateries nearby (one of which is at the end of the Fourth St/Av - 1 to 2 minute walk from the house).
People with a big build will have to practise contortion to have a shower in the small bathroom. The bedroom is prone to street noise, e.g. day time - majiang gaming and cantonese opera music from next door or street conversations from markets, and night time - cats meowing and less frequent neighbouring/street conversations. The bed was also very firm. None of these were major issues for us, but may be relevant to tall and light/particular sleepers.
Overall, the house is close to public transport and quality eateries, offered great value for money and gave us a glimpse of how Guang Zhou residents lived authentically.
I had an absolutely wonderful time staying with Stephen and Alice. The apartment was large and clean, and the nighbourhood that they live in is fantastic - I highly recommend the restaurants located either side of the train station!
Although they only live a short ride away from the centre of Guangzhou, the district in which the apartment is located is both serene and beautiful - which is a great relief after spending the days exploring such a hectic city.
Moreover, both Stephen and Alice are incredibly helpful in terms of information and advice about Guangzhou - I really appreciated Stephen sending me in-depth directions to the apartment in the lead up to my arrival, as well as his advice on how to get to all of the major sites. Indeed, my only regret is that I was unable to stay longer! I will definitely be returning here the next time I go to Guangzhou.
Stephen and Alice are such a kind host family! Alice came to meet us at the metro station.
The guest flat is really in the middle of the everyday life of Guangzhou. So this is a definite choice if you are looking for a cross-cultural journey and keen on experiencing Guangzhou life from inside out. There is a small daily market nearby. The area surrounding is blocks of 60's apartment buildings (our guess) and very authentic!
The living room is exactly as advertised! Cozy and nicely furnished! The bedroom is a bit small, and bed is a bit firm, but fairly okay! The shower and toilet is shared with the host apartment, but quite OK. Towels and shower gel provided.
Stephen gave us a lot of suggestions and ideas on how to spend our 2 days and borrowed a map! When we were leaving he kindly helped us with sending postcards (not an easy matter in mainland China - surprised!)
The overall experience was nice and pleasurable and definitely recommend the place to all travelers! Value for money is huge!
Dear George, thank you very much for your nice review and really glad that you had a good experience in our place^O^ The only one thing to be noted is that the guest bathroom/toilet is NOT share with us. I guess it was the passage between the living room and the kitchen and bathroom makes you feel like that. Anyway, thanks again and look forward to meeting you the next visit! Kindly regards, Stephen
Alice & Stephen are great hosts. They are really committed yo make your stay in Guangzhou the best possible. For example, they found me an excellent French-Chinese interpreter skilled in wine business in less than 24 hours...
The apartment is clean and matches perfectly the description.
The location is very suitable, near city center an close to metro station.
I recommend without hesitation, and will use again when I come back in Guangzhou.
We had a very good time at Stephen and Alice's place in Guangzhou. They live on the south side of town where there are not many foreigners. This is just what we wanted, to see what it was like to live in Guangzhou. The beds were cozy and we were all happy staying there. They were both very helpful to us and Alice met us at the subway station and walked us to their place, which was really nice. I would recommend this place to anyone. Oh! The street food around their place - on the way back to the subway station was awesome! We had many great snacks from several vendors. Also, the restaurants near the subway station were some of the best we had on our trip to China. Very very good! And quite inexpensive - $10 for a family of three.
Stephen and Alice live in a really vibrant neighbourhood and wondering around the vicinity and local market gives you a good sense of life in this part of the city.
The apartment is clean and comfortable and Stephen and Alice are around to help you plan your trip and sight-see etc.
Overall a great experience and one I would recommend.
Voici le prix final, incluant tous les frais de l'hôte et d'Airbnb.