Beautiful and unique cozy converted barn in classic rural Vermont setting situated on 6.5 very private acres with long-range views. It is an ideal launching spot for many outdoor excursions, or just relax at home and explore the property.
Rental Agreement, made between Lars McGee (Owner) and You (person making the reservation)
* The term “tenant” applies to anyone who will be staying for more than 2 nights, or more than 1 night if the reservation is for less than 1 week. You are allowed more than 2 tenants (including yourself) if you have paid the extra guest fee. The term “visitor” applies to anyone who enters the house by invitation of a tenant and stays for less time than is needed to be defined as a tenant.
For good consideration it is agreed between the parties as follows:
1. This lease shall be in effect for a term, commencing the date agreed upon at 4pm and terminating on the checkout day at 11am (Free early check-in and late check-out may be available depending on the schedule of the housekeeper and whether or not guests are booked leaving the morning of your arrival or coming in the afternoon of your check-out day. You will be able to contact the owner to inquire about this a few days before your arrival)
2. You agree to make sure that all other tenants and visitors abide by the terms and conditions within this rental agreement and take full responsibility, financial and otherwise, that they do so.
3. Upon the expiration of the lease they will return possession of the leased premises in its present condition, reasonable wear and tear, and fire casualty excepted. Tenant(s) shall commit no waste to the leased premises. Tenants shall wash dishes, sweep, and lightly vacuum the premises before leaving.
4 Tenant(s) shall not assign or sub-let or allow any other person to occupy the leased premises without Owner's prior written consent.
5 Tenant(s) shall not make any material or structural alterations to the leased premises without Owner's prior written consent.
Additional Lease terms:
• No smoking is allowed in the house by tenants and/or visitors.
• No pets are allowed on the property
• No litter, including cigarette butts, shall be left on the property or dumped onto adjoining properties.
• Tenant(s) shall lock doors and windows when leaving the house unattended, including deadbolt locking the front door.
• Tenant(s) shall turn the heat down to 45 degrees F when they check out at the end of their stay or down to 60 if leaving for more than 5 hours (when the weather is cold).
• If using the portable air-conditioner, Tenant(s) shall keep the air-conditioner set at no less than 70 degrees F and will keep all doors and windows closed when using the air-conditioner.
• Tenant(s) may use the outdoor grills, but shall keep them covered after they have cooled down enough to cover them without damaging the cover.
• No one may not enter either of the sheds unless discussed with the owner and approval confirmed via email or text correspondence.
• No one may authorize any work to be done to the property without it being discussed with the owner and approval confirmed via email or text correspondence.
• Tenant(s) may not have more than 6 visitors on the property at any one time without it being discussed with the owner and approval confirmed via email correspondence (no big parties unless I know about it and agree).
• Tenant(s) shall notify the owner immediately of any problems which can cause more damage should they not be attended to immediately (broken pipes, backed up septic, roof leak, etc.)
• You agree that on the departure date, trash and recycling will be brought down to and placed into the red garbage box by the shed at the foot of the driveway, the floors and furniture will be lightly swept and vacuumed where any obvious food, dirt, grass, or pet hairs are in evidence, dishes will be washed (you can leave clean dishes in the dishwasher or drying rack), used towels, sheets, and pillow covers will be left on the floor by the washing machine (or hung up near the shower if it’s wet), and the doors and windows will be locked (including deadbolt locking the front door)
Lars is a high school biology and chemistry teacher who loves his children, skiing, and is getting into kite surfing. Kristen is his wife, teaches electronic engineering at a community college, loves wind surfing, and is getting into skiing. They have owned this converted barn since 2003 but didn't start renting it out as a vacation home until a few years ago. So far, all of their experiences renting the home have been positive and have enjoyed getting to know a lot of interesting people. As hosts, they will be helpful with any questions you have (you can call them day or night), but will leave you to enjoy your experience in peace.