À propos de ce logement
Koh Tao Star Villa is a modern villa surrounded by jungle, overlooking Sairee Beach. Our one-bedroom apartments provide spacious accommodation with an en-suite bathroom, air conditioned bedroom, large open-plan living area and west facing terrace.
Koh Tao Star Villa is a modern villa nestled in jungle clad hills overlooking Sairee Beach, the longest and most popular beach on Koh Tao. It enjoys a superb location, near the end of a private road, giving you peace & isolation, and very easy access to Sairee Beach where there is a huge variety of bars, restaurants and clubs to suit all tastes. We provide a free taxi service to/from Sairee Town up to 10.30 at night and the use of a mobile phone for your convenience.
Koh Tao Star Villa blends Thai architecture with western concepts to produce a sophisticated living space in a tropical jungle setting; and by integrating indoor and outdoor spaces we have made the most of its elevation (about 80 meters above sea level) and the geography of the area to provide naturally cooled accommodation.
Perched on the side of the hill, Koh Tao Star Villa is overlooked by a huge granite boulder and there is a temple just behind the villa. Our one-bedroom apartments provide spacious, self-contained accommodation, with an en-suite bathroom, air conditioned bedroom, large living room, open plan kitchenette and west facing terrace. Add to this some high quality audio/visual equipment, free Wifi, stunning panoramic sea, jungle and sunset views and top quality service and you have some of the best accommodation available on Koh Tao.
The two one-bedroom apartments at Koh Tao Star Villa are designed for 2 people but can accommodate 4 with an extra mattress set up in the living room. For the sake of clarity, the mattress is a queen sized inflatable mattress supplied with linen, pillows, extra towels and dressing gowns; this would be located in the living room. Please note that this room is not air-conditioned. It does have excellent ceiling fans for cooling but there is no air-con. The air-con unit in the bedroom is designed for and is the right power to cool the bedroom only. It cannot be used to cool the whole apartment. Please note that there is an ADDITIONAL charge (1,000 baht per night) for the supply of the extra mattress. The price quoted by Airbnb is for 2 persons only. This additional cost is payable in Thai Baht (cash) at check-in.
Accès des voyageurs
Please note that Star Villa is on the side of a hill and as such there are many stairs and it is not suitable for the elderly or persons with walking difficulties. For this reason, we also do not take children under the age of 10.
There is a games room at Star Villa with a professional quality pool table, darts board and assorted board games.
The two one-bedroom apartments at Star Villa share a huge terrace. We do ask that you respect the privacy of the guests in the other apartment and do not treat the whole terrace as your own.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We (Alan & Heidi) are available almost all the time to give you any help that you need including hints and ideas for places to see, things to do and places to eat/drink.
This is a copy of our House Rules:
At Koh Tao Star Villa we are committed to providing you with first class accommodation and service and in return we ask that you respect our beautiful villa, its contents, the surrounding environment and fauna and flora of Koh Tao. We do everything we can to help preserve the fantastic nature and beauty of Koh Tao and we would like to ask for your help in this matter. Koh Tao does not have fresh water mains or sewers so all waste has to be managed, therefore, to all these ends, we require all our guests to follow these simple, common sense, ‘house rules’:
- Fresh water is a precious commodity on Koh Tao (we receive far less rainfall than elsewhere) so please be ‘conscientious’ with its use especially if you do any hand washing and please use the washing up bowl provided when washing dishes as this also reduces the amount of water used. Please never leave the tap running when washing up or doing laundry.
- Our toilet waste systems cannot handle toilet paper or ladies sanitary products, please dispose of these in the bin next to the toilet.
- No items – crockery, knives, forks, towels, dressing gowns etc., are to be removed from your apartment.
- Beach towels are provided free of charge. Please do not use our white towels for the beach. If you need any other item for any reason please just ask - we are sure we will be able to oblige in some way.
- There is a clothes horse provided for the hanging of wet items, please do not hang any wet towels/clothes etc on the furniture, wooden doors or leave on the bed. With the humidity here things go mouldy very quickly if left damp.
- There is a ‘recycle’ bag provided in the kitchen. Please use this bag for unwanted plastic/glass bottles, tins, cans, plastic bags and cardbord.
- Do not put used batteries, aerosol cans or broken glass in the bin – please leave to one side, we will handle these separately for you.
- Unlike some places, we do not use “electronic key fobs” to turn the electric off when you leave the apartment so we do kindly ask that you turn all electrical items off when leaving the apartment (particularly air-conditioning) except your outside lights, where we recommend that you leave these on when going out for the evening as it does get very dark up here on the mountain. But please turn them off when retiring for the night, this will also keep our neighbours happy. If the lights on the stairs are off when you return home you will find the light switch at the bottom of the stairs below the “Koh Tao Star Villa” sign.
- The bedroom(s) has air-conditioning for you to use should you so choose to, but please turn it off when you are not using the bedroom. They are not however, big enough units to cool the whole apartment. When using the air con please close all the bedroom windows and doors.
- Please ensure that all external doors and windows are always secured using the latches provided – the wind can pick up in seconds and replacements are costly.
- No smoking inside the apartment. Please always dispose of cigarette butts responsibly wherever you are on the island. An empty can or bottle will serve as an ashtray until you can dispose of them or bring them back to the Villa where we can dispose of them for you.
- Please be particularly careful with creams, oils, suntan lotion and cosmetics. These are not easily removed from towels, bedding and particularly furniture cushion covers. If we are unable to clean an item we will have to charge for specialist cleaning on Koh Samui or charge for replacements. There are packaged cloths for you to use for wiping suntan/cosmetics etc. from your hands or face. Please feel free to use them.
- Please do not encourage the animals into the apartment.
- All damages, breakages and missing items will be charged for.
- Please note that check-out is by 10.00am.
- Only those people specified at time of booking are allowed at the Villa between 10.30pm and midday unless agreed in advance in writing by the management.
Please note that if your booking is for more than 2 persons, then there is an ADDITIONAL charge (1,000 baht per night) for the supply of the extra mattress. The price quoted by Airbnb is for 2 persons only! This additional cost is payable in Thai Baht (cash) at check-in.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % et les frais de service vous sont remboursés intégralement.
Cet hôte a 13 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
Originally from the England, we (my wife Heidi and I) have lived on Koh Tao since December 2006. We love our life meeting new people and helping them to get the most out of their stay on Koh Tao.