Friendly, clean, relaxed, near-new cottage style home with large guest room (see pictures and details), that we are happy for Air B&B travellers to use (at Air B&B rates) when family / friends aren't using it.
Great base from which to explore the Wet Tropics & surrounds. Great base for cyclists - bike washdown space, 2 min ride to rail trail, 5 min ride to mountain bike park. Also good short to medium worker accom (for nurses etc).
10min drive to Yungaburra, Mareeba 25 min, Cairns 75min
- Cool in summer (escape the Cairns heat) with natural mountain 'air con'
- Warm house in the mountain winters
- Clean and neat
- Guest room features: a double bed, a single bed, desk, wardrobe, tea & coffee facilities and bar fridge with drinks
- Guest room is private - does not adjoin other bed rooms and has its own entry from driveway parking
- Suitable for single, couple, trio or small family
- Fully furnished, with linen provided
- Shared kitchen (as per photos) visitors welcome to use herbs, spices & sauces. Visitors allocated private fridge & kitchen cupboard.
- Shared living areas & bathroom (as per photos)
- Shared laundry (visitors welcome to use washer, dryer & washing powder etc)
- Patio and BBQ area
- Country garden (including seasonal herb and vege patch, visitors welcome to use produce)
- New home that is cyclone rated and elevated above norm flood levels. See (URL HIDDEN) for information about Far North Queensland wet season weather (including occasional seasonal tropical lows, flooding and cyclones).
- Private access to guest room
- Quiet off-street block that backs onto bush paddock, with mountain & town views.
- Off-street parking.
- 'Wheelchair friendly', accessible to most levels of ability (for people who are independent or have a carer)
- Dog friendly (fully fenced)
- Standard security (as noted below under 'house rules')
Friendly home & neighbourhood. We neighbour nice families with kids & dogs, and a paddock with lots of cows, cockatoos and wildlife - normal Tablelands life. We hope this enhances (not detracts) from your stay. Its generally quiet but some noise and organic ebb & flow are normal.
Optional extras (transport, meals, pets, WiFi) noted below under 'Other things to note'.
Safe quiet Atherton (regional country town) neighbourhood in Far North Queensland's vibrant Wet Tropics. Located in East Atherton:
- 2 minutes walk to CSIRO student house, 5 min to schools, 10 min to town & bus.
- Drive 10 minutes to Yungaburra, 20 min to Crater Lakes Eacham & Barrine
- 15 minutes to Tinaroo Dam / Lake Tinaroo
- 30 min to waterfall circuit, 25min to Mareeba, 45 minutes to Kuranda, 75 minutes to Cairns :o)
Assistance with Pickup’s / drop-off’s / local transportation can be provided on agreement (as noted under 'Optional extra's above)
House also close to public transport.
Optional extras on agreement:
1. Pickup’s / drop-off’s / local transport. One way prices: $80 Cairns, $200 Cooktown, $200 Townsville, $50 Kuranda,$30 Mareeba, Ravenshoe, Malanda, $80 Cassowary Coast (Innisfail), $100 Cardwell (Dual cab Toyota comfortably seats 4 passengers and a lot of gear)
2. Hire bicycle (basic hybrid) $30 a day plus the cost of any repairs if you cause damage.
3. Home cooked provincial meals (according to dietary requirements, including non-vegetarian, vegetarian and international), eat-in or take-out: - Basic continental breakfast $10 each per person
- Full continental & cooked breakfast $15 ea pp
- cold lunch $10 ea pp
- cooked lunch $15 ea pp
- dinner $15 ea pp
- $5 morning tea ea pp, afternoon tea $5 ea pp, high tea $15 ea pp
4. Pet (dog) maybe ok, fully fenced yard
5. WiFi access ($5 a day / up to 100mb)
6. We are happy to be an Air B&B host property, so far it has been a very positive experience. The house rules (here-in and displayed in 'photos' under 'Danzer Drive info & rules') help to ensure positive guest and host experiences. So please familiarise yourself with these rules prior to booking.
We are happy to be an air b&b host property. So far it has been a very positive experience. The house rules, here-in help to ensure positive guest & host experiences. So on a more serious note please read the following 11 rules:
1. By making the air b&b booking for this property, you consent to the air b&b rules, agree to the ‘house rules’ here-in, indemnify the hosts, fully accept that your safety and risk is your responsibility, agree to take due care of the property you are a guest in, and agree to be courteous and considerate of the hosts and our property.
2. You are a guest in a private family home. You are not the host. The property is not a hotel.
3. All ‘secondary’ visitors (not already booked through air b&b) must be approved by the host (and via air b&b where relevant). We wouldn’t invite strangers to your home, so please don’t do that to us.
4. In an emergency, or in relation to events concerning safety of life and property, you must ensure that you in a timely manner contact relevant authorities and where applicable follow air b&b safety card directions.
5. Relevant authorities will be involved if there is any threat or damage, actual or suspected (from air b&b guests or other sources) to the property or residents at and near this air b&b
6. The only services offered by the hosts are those identified in the air b&b booking process and associated property details here-in
7. Feedback is to be constructive. If you have practical questions or suggestions (within reason :0), please let us know during your stay, or via private feedback using the air b&b feedback function
8. Air b&b will be alerted of any nasty comments, ‘cheap shots’, breach of house rules, or breach of air b&b rules
9. Zero tolerance for communication that can be interpreted as discriminatory, prejudiced, unethical or unfair
10. If you change your mind about staying, that’s ok, providing house rules and air b&b procedures are adhered to. We understand plans change, and won’t be offended.
11. If you finish your stay while the host/s aren’t present please:-
a. Leave all keys for the property you have on top of the guest room fridge
b. Ensure the doors you have used are fully locked and fully closed behind you.
Practical reasonable questions & suggestions are welcome. Please let the host know
Hosts: Responsible. Easy going. Like travel.
Home: Friendly, clean, relaxed, near-new 'cottage style', local Tablelands home.
Large guest room (as per pictures and details) whch we're happy for Air B&B visitors to use (through Air B&B) when family / friends aren't using it :0)
Location: Atherton is a small semi-rural town in the heart of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area. The Tablelands (Hinterlands above Cairns) has natural mountain 'air-conditioning', many freshwater swimming options, and plenty of rainforest and bush walks, and heaps of world class mountain bike trails ... so its a great place to escape the heat of Cairns.
Address: provided once booking confirmed.