Inspired by the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse, this 3-story jungle-themed paradise retreat is consistently described as "my tropical dream house" by first-time visitors. Come and experience a true escape in this one-of-a-kind vacation rental.
Custom-built eco-tropical bamboo home in Ecuador's most lush and authentic coastal paradise. The tiny fishing village of Mompiche has only recently been "discovered" for its world-class surfing point-- producing the longest warm-water left in South America. As a result, it still retains much of the rich Afro-ecuadorian culture that makes Esmeraldas Province such a memorable experience for visitors. Nestled at the southern end of a gorgeous crescent bay and surrounded by the jungles of Mache-Chindul Ecological Reserve, adventures for nature-lovers are endless here.
Exuding character and warmth, this tropical home gives the feel of open-air living due to its unique structural design and abundance of windows. Fully-furnished and recently renovated, the house is constructed of locally-sourced eco-alternative materials and tropical hardwood floors, and comfortably sleeps up to six with two full beds and one California king.
Key amenities include:
•views of the Pacific ocean and surrounding rainforest from 2nd & 3rd floors, oversized A-frame oceanfront windows in both 3rd-floor bedrooms
•well-designed kitchen with tiled island for entertaining, new 2-door chrome refrigerator, gas range, microwave, blender
•interior bamboo bridge with bird's eye view of kitchen
•private and spacious yard filled with lush tropical vegetation and kid-friendly swings
•tiled "greenhouse" style lounging area in master bedroom
•cozy furnished front & back balconies on first floor
•open floor plan between kitchen, living room, and front balcony
•spacious open-air shower in master bathroom
•reliable wifi throughout the home and a "magic jack" phone line that allows for free calls to/from the US
•tons of DVDs and books (in English, for grown-ups & kids) for entertainment during your stay
•covered car port and securely-fenced yard
In short, this home achieves the perfect balance between eco-friendly rustic paradise and modern conveniences essential to comfortable living. We warmly invite you to come and experience true tropical living for yourself.
Accès des voyageurs
Guests have access to the entire home, minus the small storage shed out back and "rustic" (read: too quirky) farm oven in the yard.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We are here to ensure that your every need is met, and can be as present or as "invisible" as each group of guests prefers. We will welcome you during check-in and attend to any questions or requests you may have throughout your stay.
1. Please, no smoking inside the home; on balconies only.
2. Thatch roof coverings and mosquito nets are both extremely flammable! Please carefully monitor your use of any and all flames: the gas range, smoking, candles, etc.
3. When filling the water tank, please consciously wait until it is done and TURN OFF. We do have an overflow tube, but if left running it can quickly flood and/or burn out the pump motor.
4. Please, no pets in this recently renovated and CLEAN home. Our yard is available if you need it for them.
5. Should the electricity go out for any extended period of time (welcome to Mompiche!), we have a small generator and can help you set this up.
6. While we are as fun-loving as the next guys, wild & crazy parties are absolutely prohibited in this fully furnished and much-loved home! Huge thanks for your understanding.
7. Why would your deposit get docked? General damages that require us to replace or repair something or excessive dirtiness of any kind.
Cet hôte a 137 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
We are an Ecuadorian-Californian family in love with what makes the tropics so amazing: abundant nature, friendly people, the ocean, a slower pace of life, the jungles, and authenticity. Currently living in California but intrinsically rooted to Mompiche, Amy is an uber dedicated conservation biologist, travel addict, solutions-seeker, serial mom, and global citizen with a tenacious belief in following your dreams and being authentic. Sons Kai, Kingston, and Reef Maverick are a happy tribe of full-throttle toddlers that could teach us all a thing or two about how to best squeeze the juice out of life. Long-distance dad Morongo can ride a tube like nobody's business, is one of Mompiche's most unforgettable & charismatic characters, and will be your host on the ground in paradise. We welcome you to our sweet little corner of the planet and look forward to meeting more incredible Airbnb travelers.