The custom 930sf walkout Guest House is pleasant, peaceful and homey. It's a 20-minute radius to Mt Shasta activities via I-5. Comfortable king & double beds, bathroom, sitting room, TV, full kitchen, W/D, courtyard, outdoor patio with BBQ, private parking, fresh chicken eggs and garden produce (in season).
Warm earthy tones in custom stained glass, tile and design please the senses at our Italian cozy charmer. Serene, well laid out simple spaces bring classic and casual comfort and calm to your stay. TuscInn comfortably sleeps 4 although there are sleepers for more.
* BEDROOMS - If you are needing only one bedroom, mention that when you book and I will offer a discount.
* TuscInn is on the bottom floor of the main house with 2 walk-outs and windows on 2 sides. Windows have screens and allow opening for the evening cooler air.
* SOUNDS -You can hear furniture, footsteps, my Dad's walker and sometimes the TV if Dad has it up loud. He is 96.
The Freeway is near, but once inside it can barely be heard. It is a handy on/off access to the area.
* ENTRANCE - Parking and the front door of TuscInn is down the driveway hill and to the right of the main house just past Juliart School (located in the garage renovated space on the bottom floor).
When you enter the gate of the covered patio, the orange stained glass front door is on the right with one of the gardens on the left and the furnished patio for outdoor living at the entrance.
* HEATING/COOLING - In winter there is a monitor heater. In summer there are fans.
* KITCHEN - The fully equipped kitchen has basics for cooking your own meals. There is lots of room in the pantry for storage of your own food stuffs. Also located in the pantry is a picnic basket for your use. There are 3 sleeping bags on the top shelf for use on the sofa/chaise beds, or mattress covers and sheets/blankets/pillows to make up the sofa beds.
* EGGS - We provide fresh eggs from our chickens when they are laying.
* GARDEN - Expect to see me, my husband (Andy) or my dad (Bob) quietly caring for the gardens and grounds of Juland. We love to chat if you are so inclined. We will bring fresh veggies/fruit from the garden in season.
Accès des voyageurs
You will have access to:
* Private Paved Parking (2 cars will fit here)
* The entire private 2BR Guest House with it's own private entrance.
* Covered outdoor furnished Entrance Patio w/ BBQ
* Sitting Room with entry closet, TV and double sleeper sofa and twin sleeper chaise lounge plus a fan.
* Dining room w/ table and chairs
* Desk/Work space
* Reading Nook with chaise twin sleeper and a curtain that draws around.
* Fully equipped Kitchen with stove, oven, full refrigerator, sink with garbage disposal, pantry, countertops and cupboards stocked with basics like oil, sugar, salt and pepper, Bisquick, herbs and spices... There are small appliances: toaster, blender, crock pot, coffee maker, waffle maker, coffee grinder. There is bakeware, dinner ware, mixing bowls, pots and pans, utensils and place settings.
* Firenze Bedroom has a King Bed, full closet, carpeted floor and armoire with a TV for DVD watching, bedside table and overhead fan/light. Access the furnished outdoor tiled courtyard through the glass slider of Firenze.
* Fiesole Bedroom has a double bed, widow seat, built-ins, dressing table, a table fan, 2 curtained Windows (the larger one looking out on the chickens), a tiled floor and a full closet.
* The Jack and Jill Bathroom between the 2 bedrooms has a toilet, sink, corner shower and custom tile-work, plus storage for your toiletries.
* Off limits are the outside storage sheds.
* Each guest house has it's own private outdoor spaces and is off limits to the other guest house.
*The fire pit area only is shared with Alpenglow Apartment.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We love to meet our guests. We are available to answer questions and give suggestions, but are not hovering hosts.
You will register, pay occupancy taxes, get the key and be taken on a tour of your home away from home with thoughtful amenities to make your stay comfy.
WHAT IS THE WELCOME LIKE?
We put your name(s) on the Welcome Board outside the Guest House. We also love to have little surprises, to get the oohhs and aaahhhs!
We will meet you and take you on a tour down the driveway to the Guest House and it's garden, covered patio and courtyard.
You will park your car down the driveway, then turn right past the main house so that you are parked in front of the fence with iron inserts and glass globs inserted to catch the light. The sign says TuscInn Guest House over the gate.
HOW MANY DOES TUSCINN GUEST HOUSE SLEEP?
Firenze Bedroom sleeps 2 comfortably on a king bed. Fiesole Bedroom comfortably sleeps 2 on a double Bed. There is also a sofa sleeper and 2 chaise sleepers for 4 more, with sleeping bags (in the top of the pantry closet) or bedding in the drawers under the Nook.
WHO IS TUSCINN GUEST HOUSE FOR?
It is ideal for a family, an extended family, a couple or singles, or a friends and family meet up.
WHAT IS A SELF-SERVE BREAKFAST?
Our chickens provide fresh eggs for your breakfasts.
Our guests recognize the value of thoughtful amenities that allow you to cook and bake your own self-serve meals as the Flat has everything you need to cook and serve meals except lunch and dinner foods. There are spices, salt and pepper, oil, Bisquick/pancake mix, and sugar and butter. We also provide milk, fresh coffee beans and fruit or juice. Please let us know your preferences, any allergies or gluten or lactose intolerance.
HOW CLOSE IS THE FREEWAY?
The freeway is nearby. Once you close the door and windows it can barely be heard as TuscInn is well insulated. To us the freeway is a constant calming sound. It provides easy on and off to the various attractions of the area. Outdoors the freeway can be readily heard.
WHAT IS THE GARDEN LIKE? It is calming, peaceful, pleasant, and appealing to the senses. The outdoor patio looks over the garden.
In Winter the garden is dormant and the outdoor furniture is stored.
There is a peek-a-boo view of Mt Shasta through the trees.
The Courtyard has a private fire pit at the top of the steps with seating. (Shared with Alpenglow Apartment).
WHAT ARE WINTERS LIKE?
Winter months are November through February. Nights are colder than days. Usually the sun comes out and it warms a bit even in winter. There are only a couple of times a year that we have severe winter storms. We rarely have to put on chains, but we always carry chains as we live in the mountains. You should carry chains when you come to visit in the winter.
The freeway is frequently plowed in case of snow and rarely gets completely closed down. Our road is a main street and regularly gets plowed during a snow. If snow is building up it is wise to park at the mouth of our driveway unless you have snow tires.
We have a snow blower.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
Expect to be cared for but not hovered over.
Expect friendly folk.
Expect vegetables and/or fruit from the garden during the growing season which is June to September or October.
Expect cool nights and warmer days. There are fans in every room.
Expect changeable weather in the winter and options for winter sports.
Expect the neighbor cats to visit you in the yard. They cannot be let in.
Expect the gardener. The gardener is my 96-year old Dad who lives with us. He definitely has a 'green thumb' and loves to work the garden. You may see him or hear the scritch-scratch of his spade. He quietly goes about the garden in some area each day of the growing season; hoeing weeds, picking produce, tilling the soil or watering. He may not have his hearing aids in, but If you can engage him in conversation, he loves it.
There is a 10% city occupancy tax and a 2% Siskiyou County Tourism Improvement District(SCTID) assessment for stays under 30 days. You will pay this with cash,credit card through Airbnb or PP when you get your key.
There is no air-conditioning, but there are fans in every room. At night you can open the windows with screens for cooler night air. During the day keep the windows closed to keep the cooler air in.
There is no smoking on the property or in any buildings of Juland, home to Garden Gate Cottage, TuscInn, Juliart School, the Main House, its sheds or workshops.
Please do not burn incense or candles indoors as the owner is highly allergic.
We expect TuscInn to remain pet/animal free. Please do not allow any neighborhood animals into the Guest Flat.
We expect our guests to respect the quiet neighborhood while they are indoors or outdoors.
We expect you to leave the Guest flat the way you found it.
* Return all Items back where you found them.
* Clean out lint cage in the dryer every time you dry clothes.
* Wash dishes and leave to dry in the sink dish drain.
* Empty all trash into the large barrel in the driveway.
* Take the shams off the pillows BEFORE lying down.
* We ask that you eat at the table or outside and not on the bed or sofas.
* When you leave, place the sheets, pillowcases and towels/hand towels/wash clothes in the washer (do not turn the washer on).
Cet hôte a 141 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
I love art and creative expression. In fact I am not happy unless I can create. I have been fortunate to continue the creative process into retirement in our mountain community at our little 'Tuscan Villa' that we call Juland (Julie and Andy land).
I have a loving and caring husband who is also Pastor, Chaplain, Writer, Dad of our 2 wonderful grown children, grampa to 5 grandkids, mentor and friend.
New projects are the happy buzz that comes with being creative and loving that process. We have created a cottage garden with outdoor "rooms" and a firepit which adds to the charm of Garden Gate Cottage.
We have revamped TuscInn, a 2 bedroom guesthouse, with 2 outdoor spaces including a firepit. It is exciting to discover how heart and a home away from home could come together by sharing our guest houses which nestle down our hill with a 'taste' of Italy that surprises guests.
My motto is:
Keep Working...Work is good!
Keep Creating ...Creativity inspires us.
Keep interested...Interesting things will come your way.
Looking forward to meeting YOU!