BRING YOUR GROUP (reunions, birthday parties, lake weddings, family gatherings, couple's retreats, you name it)!* One of kind compound with two cabins, a mile of wooded trails, and 900+ feet of prime waterfront on the shores of pristine Sugar Lake. This wonderfully UNIQUE, FUN, CHARMING, LUXURIOUS & SECLUDED getaway is just steps from fine dining, 18 hole championship golf and what the Star Tribune calls the "Best Resort Beach". *Weddings/parties permitted on a case by case basis.
Steeped in history, pet friendly "Sugarcrest" offers something for everyone in your family or group. Two renovated cabins with enough space for multiple families, 900' of Caribbean colored waterfront with a sandy beach the kids will love, several acres of flat, open and extremely PRIVATE land for your favorite activities (including our 9-hole "Duffer" short iron golf course), and 20+ acres of towering hardwoods and endless trails. Plus, you're just a stone's throw from Sugar Lake Lodge, which features two restaurants, a professionally designed 18 hole golf course, and hotel and townhouse accommodations for additional friends and family. Perfect for one-of-a-kind group and family experiences in a place filled with charm, privacy and acres of preserved beauty.
Accès des voyageurs
Guests will have exclusive access to the entire 32 acres, a mile of trails, all 900 feet of shoreline including our sandy beach near the boathouse, our 9 hole duffer course, a nice long dock that overlooks a gently sloping sandy lake bottom, a canoe, two paddleboards and two kayaks and plenty of boat docking space, a big s'more makin', story tellin' fire pit and two cabins--each with their own kitchens. If you're bringing your own boat, the boat launch is just down the street (about a half mile West on Sugar Lake Road).
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Dave will always be a call or a text away and we will do our best to have a local point person ready to help if you need it.
We're always improving Sugarcrest based on guest feedback and we'll be tracking our progress on that popular networking site where our profile is: Sugarcrest.
Duffer Golf Course
Our fun "duffer" golf course is designed so players only need to carry one short iron (wedge, 9 iron, maybe 7/8 irons for the less talented members of the group) and we have some clubs available for those who don't bring their own. The longest hole is a full swing 9 iron (i.e. about 100 yards). We don't want to over promise on the QUALITY or the OFFICIAL GOLFINESS of the course so please note there are no manicured greens or holes in the traditional sense...get your ball within a club's length of the pin and you're in the hole. Mark your score and move on. There are challenging layouts, tricky shots that take you along the beautiful lake and plenty of opportunities for highlight quality swings as well as complete humiliation. This is still golf after all. With larger groups, we highly recommend you split into two or more teams of 4-5 and play best ball against each other. You will have a blast. And you will lose balls.
We deeply appreciate your patronage and will do everything we can to make your time at Sugarcrest delightful. In return, we ask that you take great care of our cabins and grounds so future guests can enjoy this unique property as well. Please stack all Adirondack chairs and return all items (games, lake toys, golf balls/clubs, kitchen ware, etc.) to their original location and leave any used towels on the bathroom floor. Leaved used beds unmade so we can tell which beds to change. Clean up the kitchens and wash any remaining dishes.
Guests are encouraged to bring their own beach towels and use them throughout the week to help conserve water and septic. Guests who plan to use the futon, sofa bed or couches for sleeping should bring their own sheets and/or sleeping bags.
Both cabins have clearly marked, bag lined waste baskets for trash (there is no recycling). Once full, please put trash bags into blue dumpster located near little house garage.
We love pets and pre-approved, well-behaved, non-aggressive breed pets are welcomed at Sugarcrest. Please be respectful of future guests by keeping your pet off of the furniture and cleaning up after them. Additional fees will be charged for pets that are not pre-approved and costs for clean up will be deducted from the damage deposit.
No smoking inside either of the cabins please. If you smoke outdoors, please extinguish butts in black receptacles located next to both cabins.
Guests will not have access to the two garages or garden shed.
Detailed Rules Agreed to By All Guests at Time of Booking:
1. No Indoor Smoking: Smoking is NOT allowed inside the cabins or inside any other facilities on the property. Guest agrees to pay not less then $350 for odor abatement if they smoke in either of the cabins. Cigarette butts from outdoor smoking shall be disposed of properly in black receptacles located near both cabins and shall not be left on the grounds. Costs for cleanup will be deducted from the damage deposit.
2. Rental Party Use Only: People other than those in the rental party set forth above may not stay overnight on the property. Any other person on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to above. Failure to gain approval from Homeowner for additional people may result in forfeiture of damage deposit and additional charges and/or penalties.
3. Indemnification and Hold Harmless: Guests shall be solely responsible for any property damage, accident, illness or injury to any person or loss sustained by any person, including loss of money, jewelry, and other items of personal property, arising out of or in any way related to Guest use of the property or the items of personal property provided by the Homeowner at Guest request. Guest shall inspect and be familiar with proper use and application of such items prior to using them. Guest hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Homeowner and Homeowner’s agent(s) harmless from any and all claims including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way related to Guest use of property or the items of personal property provided therein. Guest hereby agree to hold Homeowner and Homeowner’s agent(s) harmless and to indemnify same against any and all claims which may arise during and after the course of rental as a consequence of any acts or omissions of the Homeowner or agent(s). Guest assumes the risk of injury or other losses relating to any activities on the property (including any and all lake/swimming/dock areas), and will hold Homeowner and its agent(s) harmless with respect thereto. By booking this reservation, it is agreed that all Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the property (including any and all lake/swimming/dock areas) or others whom they invite to use the property.
4. Proper Use, Care and Return: During their stay, Guests are expected to use the property, cabins, appliances, furnishings, and lake toys and other recreational items in such a way that they remain in good order, are not lost or damaged and, if moved, are returned to their original location prior to departure.
5. Damage to Property: Guest acknowledges and understands that the cabins and any and all property associated with them including but not limited to all appliances, fixtures, furnishings, lake toys and recreational items are to be left undamaged. If any of this aforementioned rental property is not left in suitable condition, Guest acknowledges and understands that Homeowner reserves the right to withhold fees from the Guest’s damage deposit to repair/replace or clean damaged property. If such charges exceed the deposit amount then the Guest authorizes the Homeowner to bill the guest for this additional amount.
6. Pets: Pets are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed. Failure to gain pre-approval for your pet will result in forfeiture of damage deposit.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels for 15 are included in the cabins, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels and extra bedding if needed and use them throughout your stay. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
8.Garbage: Any garbage must be stowed in the proper garbage or recycling receptacle and deposited in the blue dumpster located at the side of the little house garage.
9. Duffer Golf Course: Guest and all members of rental party use the golf course at their own risk and assume any and all risk of injury and/or death. No children under the age of 12 are permitted to use the Golf Course at any time without adult supervision. Guest is responsible for any damage to the cabins or other structures caused by use of the Golf Course. Homeowner assumes no liability for any injuries that may occur as result of said use.
10. Owner’s Property: Guest acknowledges and understands that the property may contain Owner’s private property that is not available for use. The Guest will be made aware of such property in writing (i.e. signs or labels). Use of the Owner’s private property without permission may result in deposit not being refunded.
11. Mechanical Failures:—Guest acknowledges and understands that Homeowner cannot guarantee against mechanical failures included but not limited to: power outages, ceiling fans, heating units, TV’s, Satellite/Cable, VCR/DVD units, telephones, internet, washer/dryer or other appliances. Guest agrees to notify Homeowner as soon as reasonably possible of defective or non-working units. Homeowner or Homeowner’s agent will make every reasonable effort to restore power and repair or replace defective units as quickly and efficiently as possible.
12. Extra Charges:—Guest agrees to have withheld from their damage deposit or to be billed for any charges they incur while renting the property. This includes, but is not limited to renting of pay-per-views from satellite/cable TV, delivery of items to the cabins, catering charges, etc.
13. Fireplace: During the summer months outdoor fires (in the Fire Pit) are encouraged. However, if weather makes an indoor fire more appropriate, guests may use the fireplace in the main cabin living room. Wood should be available either in the wood box next to the fireplace or in the stack of wood for the outside Fire Pit. Before starting a fire, be sure to open the damper. During the fire, leave the screen in place and, when the fire is fully extinguished, remember to close the damper.
14. Fire Pit: Any outdoor fire should be contained to the fire pit located to the Southwest of the main cabin. Wood for the fire can be found in the nearby stack of chopped wood and transported via wheelbarrow or can be collected from the vast trail system that runs throughout the property. Do not leave fires unattended and remember to fully extinguish all fires before retiring for the night or leaving the property.
15. Fireworks. To ensure the safety of our guests and the property we ask that guest refrain from lighting fireworks while on or near the property.
16. Water and Septic: The cabins are on well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $350.
À partir du 1 juin 2018 - 30 août 2018, la durée minimum de séjour est de 3 nuits.
Cet hôte a 2 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
I believe we're at our best when we're at the lake making memories with the people we love. Typically, you'll find me organizing the lake olympics and jumping from one activity to the next although every now and then I'll take in a good book on the hammock, explore the trails with my dog Charlie or contemplate the universe on a starry night. Life truly is better at the lake.