When looking for a rental, we were a bit hesitant to select this one as there were minimal pictures provided. However, when considering all it offered and the cost of the rental, we thought it was the best value so we took the risk.
We were VERY happy with our choice and think you will be too! Here are some of the positives:
- Location - it's only a short walk to the beach; you are also in walking distance to the Venice canals and Abbott Kinney (longer walk). It's only a 20 minute drive to the airport and less than 1 hr. away (drive) from Universal Studios, downtown LA, the Griffith Observatory, and to other beautiful beaches (e.g. Malibu beaches and beaches in the OC like Laguna and Newport).
- Alex and Lily are great hosts (friendly and professional). The check-in process was easy! Alex was on-time, actually early. He even helped us with our luggage. Communication throughout the entire process (from the time we locked in our rental to the last day of our stay) was always prompt. Lily also offered us suggestions on where to visit.
- The apt. has a GREAT pool and hot tub, a fitness center, and a convenience store.
- The apt. is immediately across the hall from the laundry facilities!
- Covered garage parking a short walk to/from the apt.
- There is an air conditioning unit in the apt. It is one of the few places we saw that had one. Warning - the unit is very loud but to us it was well worth it to sleep in comfort :)
A couple tips:
1) Ask Lily/Alex about the multiple ways to access the apt. One way is quicker but you will need to climb some steep stairs. There is also another way via the garage (we preferred this route).
2) Although they have a convenient store on the premises, you may want to stop by a grocery store to pick up staples (prices are higher at the convenient store). Buy stuff to grill! There are grills right by the pool! Note - They charge for grocery bags (10 cents per bag).
We would definitely recommend!