À propos de ce logement
Stylish, light & spacious 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment (sleeping 6-8 people) in Amsterdam's hippest neighbourhood. Central and convenient. Large living room and full equipped kitchen. A national monument built 1790 and completely renovated in 2007. The home in 1820s of Multatuli, Holland's most famous author.
The house has retained its historical details, yet offers every modern comfort and convenience. It features beamed ceilings throughout, steep wooden stairs and the traditional Dutch steeply slanted roof in the attic bedroom.
The spacious living room is on the first level with a large open kitchen and dining area. On the second level there are two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The master bedroom is located at the back of the house, with an ensuite bathroom. The second bedroom has an original wooden floor with three large windows overlooking the street. The shower room is next door. The third bedroom, in the attic, has the possibility to sleep up to 4 people with two twin beds and two optional sofa-beds.
The apartment comprises the top half of the house and is completely independent, accessed through its own front door and up two flights of stairs. It has two internal flights of stairs. In historic buildings in Amsterdam many of the staircases are steeper than most people are used to. When the houses in this area were built there was a tax on the width of the building resulting in tall houses with steep, narrow staircases. The flights are between moderately steep and steep (in Amsterdam terms) and are not suitable for people with limited mobility. If possible bring small suitcases, you will be very glad you did! Stair gates can be installed if you are travelling with small children.
• UNESCO World Heritage area
• Official short stay permit
• Check in at apartment
• 3 bedrooms (sleeping 6-8)
• 2 bathrooms
• Spacious living room
• 2 Flatscreen TVs
• Cable reception
• DVD/CD with selection of DVDs
• i-pod connectivity
• Sound system
• High speed WiFi internet
• English guide books + maps
• Double glazing
• Large open kitchen
• Complete kitchen inventory
• Nespresso machine + pods
• Washing machine/dryer
• Iron and ironing board
• Bed linen from the White Company, London
• Luxurious thick white towels
• Child safety is low due to steep stairs but stairgates can be installed (see above)
• Baby cot and highchair available on request
• NO SMOKING
• NO PARTY POLICY
This apartment has 3 bedrooms and sleeps a maximum of 8 persons (above 3 years):
1 room with 1 queen or 2 twins
1 room with 1 king or 2 twins
1 room with 1 king or 2 twins + 2 optional sofa beds
(It is not possible to provide 4 separate sleeping areas)
1 Queen-size bed (160 x 200 cm) or two single beds (80 x 200 cm)
King-size bed (180 x 200 cm) or 2 single beds (90 x 200 cm)
King-size bed (180 x 200 cm) or 2 single beds (90 x 200 cm)
plus 2 optional single sofa beds (120 x 200 cm)
Shower room shared by attic and front bedrooms. Back bedroom has ensuite bathroom.
For small children we have a baby cot, high chair and stair gates. For this there is a one-off charge of €20.
Please let us know your preferred bed configuration once you've confirmed the booking. Most bedding is down/feather. If you are allergic we can provide synthetic bedding.
We accept groups of more than 4 guests only when they are from the same family household (city council regulations).
Accès des voyageurs
The Multatuli Apartment is a completely self contained apartment with its own front door. Exclusive use of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large living room and kitchen. We live below the apartment and there are no shared spaces.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We live downstairs in the other half of the house so we're on hand to help with any aspect of your stay before you arrive and once you're here to help you make the most of your stay in Amsterdam. We love living here so we can give you lots of recommendations in the neighbourhood!
Rates include linen, weekly cleaning and linen change for stays of 10 nights or more, utilities and wifi internet.
Full of history, the house was built around 1790 and is a national monument. In the 1820s it was home to the young Multatuli, Holland's most famous author. You can visit the museum dedicated to him a few streets away in the house of his birth and the large statue of him on the Torensluis bridge on the Singel canal.
We live downstairs and are happy to help with any queries about the apartment and/or Amsterdam!
1. Please treat the apartment as if it were your own apartment, and keep in mind you have neighbours. You are on holiday but we and our neighbours live here and in this densely populated neighbourhood we all have to be considerate of one another. Please be quiet from 10pm to 8am.
2. We have a strict 'no party' policy. The apartment is a regular home not an after hours club, so no parties, no drugs, no loud music/TV, etc. In case of complaints from neighbours and/or owners, we have the right to remove you from the apartment. Police will fine when complaints are made after 11pm or before 7am.
3. At time of departure:
- make sure the apartment is in the same state as when you arrived (excluding bed linen and towels)
- the furniture is in the same location as when you arrived
- the dishes are done, dried and put away
- all the rubbish (also from bedrooms and bathrooms) is bagged and left in the kitchen
- the oven, hob and fridge/freezer are clean
If the apartment is found not to reach these requirements, an additional cleaning fee will be deducted from your deposit.
4. We only accept non-smoking guests. Smoking of any kind is not allowed in the apartment, even out of the window, or in front of the house. We will fine €100 for smoking inside, plus any associated cleaning costs.
5. Drugs are not allowed in the apartment.
6. Pets are not allowed in the apartment.
7. All 3 sets of keys must be returned upon departure. Failure to do so will incur a replacement fee of €200.
8. Guests must immediately inform us of any defects in the apartment and damages that occur in the apartment. If we are not informed of defects, we cannot be held liable for resulting damage to personal items.
9. Maximum of 8 guests (aged 3 years and up). No extra beds possible, apart from a baby cot for babies aged 0-2 years. Groups of more than 4 guests MUST be from the same family household (city council regulations).
10. The apartment will usually be available from around 2-3pm and must be vacated by 10-11am. Early check in and/or late check out will depend on the departure/arrival of the groups before and/or after your stay. Whenever possible, we are happy to look after your luggage before the apartment is ready for you and after you check out.
11. The stairs are steeper and narrower than most people are used to - typical for 200+ year old houses in Amsterdam. If you can, bring small suitcases! We can provide stair gates for small children (€20 surcharge).
12. We reserve the right to vacate you from the apartment immediately and without refund if these House Rules are broken.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % et les frais de service vous sont remboursés intégralement.
Joanna is from London and runs her own business (the importer of Micro scooters to the Netherlands). MP is from Amsterdam and is a professional pianist. In 2006 we bought our house from an old lady who had lived there for 38 years. We completely renovated it and now live with our two daughters in the bottom half of the house, renting out the separate apartment in the top half. We love Amsterdam! We can tip you off about local hangouts that you have to live here to know about and all the highlights that you really ought to see. This is the best area of the city to live in, that's why we picked it! Everything we need is right on our doorstep, we hardly ever have to leave our 'hood. You'll love it here too!