Hidden in a residential area only 5 minutes from Downtown and 6 blocks from Zilker Park is a sprawling, rustic 1930's house that has been updated to enhance its original character. Enjoy the quiet hilltop view AND be in middle of it all!
Come enjoy the large family kitchen, cozy den with fireplace, romantic master bedroom with a view, and wide open shady lawn with plentiful seating, hammock, and treehouse included.
Stay home and enjoy the quiet privacy, where you will have solid WiFi, quality and antique furniture, original art and luxury linens. Or venture out with ease to the many activities nearby. We offer bicycles to explore the natural surroundings, which include not only Barton Springs Pool but also hidden wet-weather swimming holes and the trails of the Barton Creek greenbelt. Or cruise down the hill to Lady Bird Lake, where you can row, canoe, paddle board or enjoy the trails. There are so many eateries, pubs and coffee houses close by that we’ve published our own guide of “Things to Do, Places To Go, People to See” for your stay. Zilker Park offers the ACL music festival, a kite festival, and live outdoor summer theater. Its botanical garden or the nearby Umlauf Sculpture Garden are great places to picnic. At the end of the day, dance to live country music at the locally-famous hole in the wall--the Broken Spoke--or check out the HighBall retro karaoke bar and neighboring Alamo Drafthouse Cinema--uniquely Austin experiences.
If you want to venture outside the neighborhood, we're oh so close to Downtown, and also to the University of Texas. Just west of town is the Texas Hill County, where you can sail or ski on the Highland Lakes, tour local wineries, or attend a small town festival or market weekend. We’re happy to help with suggestions whenever needed!
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We are available by phone whenever needed, but otherwise will not be on site to ensure you have all the privacy you need during your vacation.
1. There is a maximum of 8 persons allowed in the home unless you have a written agreement with us to the contrary.
2. This is a NON-SMOKING property.
3. No PETS allowed on the property.
4. You must be at least 25 years old to rent this property.
5. We suggest you bring towels for recreational use; our towels or linens may not be taken from the property.
6. The property is privately owned; the property owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur while on the premises. The property owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
Native Austinite, full-time mother of 4, and manager of beautiful old houses we lovingly restored with our own hands. Here to help in any way I can, but otherwise will give you privacy to enjoy your getaway!