Close enough to enjoy the city of Auckland yet a world away. Come experience my treehouse, just outside the funky village of Titirangi. A great base to explore the bush-clad Waitakere ranges and romantic black sand west coast surf beaches of Piha and Bethells.
This house is one of a kind. Designed by architect Kerry Avery when he was a student for his young family in the 1970s it may just be Auckland's first pole house. Huge triangle and slanted windows make the most of the forest surrounds. Wood is everywhere, outside and in. The house is quite simply character to the max. Your room is at the top of the house, a split level room with a single room and a double mezzanine sleeping loft accessed by a ladder. There is a shared bathroom next door.
Accès des voyageurs
Access to full house, use of kitchen, shared bathroom, large deck, living area, dining area, fire room and reading nook.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Interaction can depend on my schedule and how much you want to chat, get recommendations or be shown around or whether you prefer to be independent and keep to yourselves and just enjoy the retreat vibe. Sometimes I might join you for a hike or a coffee or offer ideas for your travels. I'm a pretty good judge of what people like, it just evolves when you're here.
* You have full use of the kitchen. I don't provide breakfast but milk, a selection of teas, plunger coffee and cooking oil are provided.
* Laundry facilities are available (washer only).
* It's best suited for those who have a car although we do have a bus at the end of the road and I can drop you at the train station.
* Unless I am away you will be sharing the house with me. If I'm away during your stay I will ask you to feed the cats for me :)
* Please bear in mind this is a forest house. There are spider webs (mostly outside), there are some hard to reach places in the rafters where cobwebs have beaten me - or I've left them to take care of insects), the windows are hard to clean due to heights so may not look the best. It's a place to enjoy nature and while it's clean and tidy and it's probably not hotel standard :)
No smoking residence. Not suitable for children under six due to multiple levels and lots of potential places to fall from.
Cet hôte a 11 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
Hi, I'm a writer/editor/poet/traveller/horse rider/nature lover and to explain the picture I also play djembe, African drum (don't worry I don't practise at home!). Originally from England, I've been in NZ nine years and I'm enjoying living in the trees in West Auckland and the great lifestyle this region has to offer: wild romantic beaches, hiking in the beautiful bush (kiwi word for forest), great cafes and local galleries. Currently I'm working on newspapers - Australian ones. Sometimes I write features for magazines. Travel, lifestyle, homes. I love road trips and finding cool places to visit. Can give you some great tips about what to do in the area. Enjoy meeting people and look forward to meeting you :)