The 2nd most beautiful beach in the World, according to Condé Nast Traveller.
Vintage-style, two-bedroom beach shack, directly opposite the beach, with spectacular views over the Bay of Fires from deck.
Short drive to Freycinet National Park.
Welcome to one of the most beautiful and secluded destinations in Australia, perfect for couples and families alike.
Binalong Bay is a small coastal town, 15 minutes drive from St Helens and 2.5 hours drive from Launceston. Condé Nast Traveller named it the second most beautiful beach in the world and it was declared the world's hottest travel destination, by Lonely Planet in 2009. It has the whitest, fine hourglass sand and bluest azure water in the world, along with the magnificent granite boulders, dusted with bright orange lichen.
Our original 1950s, "board and batten" timber cabin, is located in the spectacular east cost of Tasmania. Perched directly opposite the magical Binalong Bay beach, the home is furnished with an eclectic blend of period pieces, many of which have been handmade by local craftsman.
- The home comfortably sleeps up to 4 people. It has a master bedroom with built-in wardrobe (upstairs) and sleep-out downstairs with a double and single bed (incl. wardrobe and dressing table) but no internal access and no downstairs bathroom.
- There is also a day-bed in the lounge room, which is very comfortable as an extra bed.
NB: Guests in the downstairs room will need to use the external stairs to access the rest of the house.
- Cabin kitchen, well equipped for your gourmet Tasmanian feasts (incl. oven, microwave and fridge).
- Stunning ocean views from the living room, which also has a traditional fireplace, perfect for cosy winter evenings.
- The combined bathroom/laundry contains a basin, shower, flushing toilet and washing machine.
- Large deck/balcony suitable for outdoor dining (complete with BBQ facilities) or just relaxing as the sun sets over the water.
Please contact us with any questions you have. We look forward to helping you book an incredibly relaxing vacation.
Accès des voyageurs
The house will be yours for the duration of your stay. It has a well fitted kitchen, with oven, stovetop and basic utensils.
Off the kitchen, is a large bathroom/laundry, with a hot shower waiting for you after your swim at the beach.
Please note that guests in the downstairs room will need to use the external stairs to access the rest of the house.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Interaction with Guests
This is a holiday house. We don't live on the property. But we are generally available on mobile and email for any questions you may have.
Prior to your arrival, we'll supply you with our own personal recommendations of cafes, shops and produce in the area.
Beautiful, quiet neighborhood, close to lots of local attractions and activities:
On Binalong Bay beach or just behind the beach at Grants Lagoon, you can enjoy a range of activities, like windsurfing, canoeing, fishing, photography, walking and swimming.
Recreational companies based in Binalong Bay and St Helens provide activities like canoeing, diving, four wheel driving, bicycling, bush walking
Within 5min walk:
- Binalong Bay Cafe
- Beaches (directly opposite the house)
- Public tennis Court
Within 15min Drive
- St Helens, coastal fishing village with restaurants & shops
- National Parks and walking trails
- Tourist information with local guides and services
Within 30min drive:
- Blue Tier Rainforest & highlands
- Freycinet national park
- Bay of Fires Wineries
Highly recommend hiring a car in Launceston or Hobart to drive to the house.
- This is a quiet neighbourhood and we ask that guests please respect the few residents in the area. No large events/parties or prolonged noise.
- Strictly limited number of guests (no more than 4 at any one time)
- Please conserve water and minimise impact on the surrounding environment by removing any rubbish you create.
À partir du 1 décembre 2017 - 28 février 2018, la durée minimum de séjour est de 5 nuits.