À propos de ce logement
Our home is in the heart of wine country and overlooks Seneca Lake from the east side, so the sunsets are often filled with spectacular colors. The atmosphere on this uncongested lake ranges from calm and peaceful to joyful and fun.
Our home is right in the heart of wine country and overlooks Seneca Lake from the east side, so the views are amazing and the sunsets are often filled with spectacular colors. Set among summer cottages and homes in a rustic/country-style neighborhood, our property has 70 feet of spacious lake frontage and a 10 foot wide dock. Depending on the weather and day of the week, the atmosphere on this uncongested lake ranges from calm and peaceful to joyful and fun.
Our home is fully furnished and features an Arts & Crafts-style living room. There are hardwood floors in the living room, kitchen, dining room, and master bedroom, slate floors in the hallway, and carpeting in the second and third bedrooms. The master bedroom, living room, and especially the dining room (with its eight windows) all have clear, broad views of the lake/sunsets. The community areas are large too (living room: 17' x 22', kitchen and dining room: 22' x 22'). Up to six people can sleep comfortably in the three bedrooms with one queen, one full-size, and two twin beds. The kitchen is fully stocked and the house has air conditioning. There is enough parking for two or three vehicles.
Just outside the house is an intimate yard with a gas grill and a patio set that has cushioned seats and an umbrella. On the lakefront, there's a bonfire ring and a picnic table with an umbrella. You can borrow the owner's 2 kayaks, peddle boat, and row boat, and use the life preservers and camp chairs that are kept in the boat shed. There's something for everyone, including swimming, boating, kayaking, floating/lounging, long walks along a dirt road through vineyards, fishing, and romantic evenings watching the sun set and drinking local wine.
Accès des voyageurs
Description of Amenities
- Clean bed sheets, blankets, bedspreads, pillows, bath towels, wash cloths, bathroom hand towels, and kitchen hand towels are provided, and when guests arrive, the beds are already made.
- full kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, cookware, kitchen tools, and utensils
- satellite TV and DVD player in living room
- satellite TV in master bedroom
- wireless internet (see note below)
- air conditioning
- clothes washer and dryer
- 70 feet of lake frontage
- 10 foot wide dock
- 2 kayaks, 1 peddle boat, 1 row boat
- area on lakefront for launching very small boats (up to 14 feet long)
- clear, broad views of the lake/sunsets from the yard and from many rooms of the house
- parking for two or three vehicles
- three bedrooms with two queen and two twin beds
- in the yard is a gas grill and patio set with cushioned seats and an umbrella
- on the lake frontage, there's a bonfire ring and a picnic table with an umbrella. You can borrow the owner's kayak and row boat, or use the life preservers, floats/tubes, and extra chairs that are kept in the boat shed
- access to the lake frontage from the yard is by way of a sturdy staircase or by a short road that goes around the neighborhood (about 1/4 mile to our frontage). The staircase has about 70 steps. The run for the steps is 11 inches, which is nice, and there are three decks with benches, in case anyone needs to rest or wants to see the view. It's also very handy to be able to drive down if you're carrying coolers, towels, suntan lotion, or are taking some small kids down all at once. The road is for limited use, especially on crowded weekends, but it is there when needed.
Note: Internet is available at the lakehouse, and you can use up to 1.75 GB of data per week, or 0.25 GB of data per day, for free. That should be way more than enough, unless you're downloading a lot of U-tube videos, playing video games, or watching movies online. Video is usually the only thing that uses so much data. I almost always use less than 1.75 GB in a whole month, and I'm on email and the internet many times a day. If you or your children use more, then we will take $2.50 out of your security deposit for every 0.25 GB of your usage above your allotment. If Verizon didn't charge us for extra data usage, we wouldn't need to do this, so we hope you understand.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
At first, I usually interact with guests mostly via email, as they're deciding whether to book our lake house, and when they have a lot of questions or want to book it. Then, at least about a week before their arrival date, I email them with directions to the house and some pre-arrival information such as how to get into the house when they arrive, what to bring, etc. My husband and I also live in the same neighborhood as the house, so it's very convenient for us to drop by to help out if something is needed. Once or twice a day, guests might also see me walking our dog, Seneca, along the gravel road that leads down to the house, and they usually recognize me or our dog from the website pictures and stop to say hello. I really enjoy meeting our guests, and Seneca loves it even more. We usually like to let people have privacy when they're enjoying time with their family and/or friends at the house or on the lake frontage, unless they want to talk to us.
The area is great for
- mountain biking
- water skiing
The surrounding area is incredibly dense with wineries overlooking the lake. You can have a great time touring the area and tasting wines. THERE ARE 10 WINERIES AND A BREWERY WITHIN A 10 MINUTE DRIVE, AND ONE WINERY WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE. The property is 15 minutes from Watkins Glen, home of the Watkins Glen International Race Track, Watkins Glen Gorge, and Glen Harbor Marina. It's also surrounded by the Finger Lakes National Forest, with many nice hiking trails. You-pick fruit orchards and honor-system fruit and vegetable stands are available frequently during the summer and fall. Skyland Farm, a fine-craft gallery with items from over 500 artists and a feeding farm, is a must-see. The cuisine in the area is delicious with dining atmospheres ranging from casual to elegant. Two miles across the lake, the Rainbow Cove Restaurant has slips for boats.
Here are some of the local events.
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival, July
- Nascar races at Watkins Glen International Racetrack, Watkins Glen, NY
- Lodi Bluegrass Festival, October, Lodi, NY
For those willing to drive a little farther, other attractions include the Museum of the Earth, which is 35 minutes away, and Ithaca, NY (a 50 minute drive), with many musical venues and a wide variety of international cuisine. The Corning Museum of Glass as well as the Rockwell Museum are also 50 minutes away in Corning, NY. Some of the festivals and events held in the area include the following.
- Blue Heron Music Festival, July, Findley Lake, NY
- Grassroots Music Festival, July, Trumansburg, NY
- Sterling Renaissance Festival, part of July and August, Sterling, NY
- Festival of the Arts, July, Corning, NY
- Grape Festival, September, Naples, NY
- Cohocton Fall Festival, October, Cohocton, NY
- Annual Apple Festival & Craft Show, October, Schodack, NY
Policies and Rules
* Please note that the "Cleaning Fee" of $85 only actually covers half of our cleaning expenses, and so guests are responsible for some of the cleaning, as noted below in number 8.
1. Check-in time is 4 pm. Check-out time is 10 am.
2. Clean bed linens and bath towels are provided, and when guests arrive, the beds are made. One set of linens and towels are provided per week per person. No beach towels/blankets are provided.
3. The maximum number of occupants is 6, unless more are approved by the owners.
4. Small gatherings that are fun and light-hearted are expected and encouraged, but boisterous, loud parties and large gatherings are not allowed. Quiet hours are from 9 pm to 9 am, since we want to be respectful to the people who come to neighboring cottages that need to go to bed early or sleep in late for health reasons.
5. No smoking, tents, camping, or motor homes allowed.
6. Cats are not allowed, but dogs are if they have been approved by the owners. If you bring a dog or two, wash and de-flee them before your arrival and make sure they don’t bark too much because the sound tends to carry throughout the neighborhood. Also, in addition to the short list of cleaning that you do before leaving, you will need to clean up dog hair, etc., from the couch and all floors of the house by vacuuming/swiffering the floors as much as necesary. If dog hair is left in the house after your departure, $50 will be subtracted from your security deposit.
7. Internet is available at the lakehouse, and you can use up to 1.75 GB of data per week, or 0.25 GB of data per day, for free. That should be way more than enough, unless you're downloading a lot of U-tube videos, playing video games, or watching movies online. Video is usually the only thing that uses so much data. I almost always use less than 1.75 GB in a whole month, and I'm on email and the internet many times a day. If you or your children use more, then we will take $2.50 out of your security deposit for every 0.25 GB of your usage above your allotment. If Verizon didn't charge us for extra data usage, we wouldn't need to do this, so we hope you understand.
8. Cleaning Responsibilities
Please note that we are only charging you for half of our cleaning expenses, and so you are still responsible for some of the cleaning. In general, the renters must leave the property in the same condition as they found it. Damage to the property will be the responsibility of the renter. Upon leaving the property, and in order to get the full security deposit back, the renters must make sure the following tasks are completed. Cleaning supplies and equipment are provided.
The waterfront area must be free from trash and debris, and must be generally picked up. All floats, tubes, life preservers, ores, chairs, etc., must be put back in the shed before departure.
The paddle boat and kayak should be put back up on the beach far enough to make sure they will not float away. It's best to leave them between the narrow dock and the wide dock (at the southern edge of the beachfront). These items are shared between two sets of renters, so please put them back when they are not being used.
Make sure the beach and/or yard umbrellas are down at all times when they are not in use and especially when a storm is approaching.
The grilling surface (cooking grate) must be as clean as when you arrived. The grill’s grease tray must be emptied, and the grill must be covered.
The kitchen countertops, dishes, and refridgerator must be cleaned before your departure. Don’t leave any food or drinks behind.
The bathroom sink, tub, shower, toilet, and floor must be cleaned.
The renters do not have to wash bedding or towels. The owners will wash them and make the beds before the next guests arrive.
The floors must be vacuumed, making sure all dirt/debris is cleaned up. If you have pets that shed, you must swiffer/vacuum the floors too, as noted above. The owners will mop the floors as necessary.
The owners will dust the furniture and water the plants each week. If someone has a green thumb though, and sees that some of the potted plants outside need to be watered in the middle of the week, please do so.
10. If any of the above rules are not followed, the owners may keep part or all of the security deposit, at the owners’ discretion.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % et les frais de service vous sont remboursés intégralement.
Cet hôte a 6 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires