Cozy A-Frame Authentic Log Cabin can sleep up to 6 with stone fireplace, log furniture, tin roof, wrap around deck and awesome view!! Perfect location with 12 acres of woods to explore on top of a mountain, yet only 10 min from stores and 15 min from downtown Asheville.
••Hey y'all!! Before we get into the details on the cabin, I just wanted to let you know that if you're a Bank of America account holder take notice that usually there is an Airbnb cash back of 5% if you're enrolled in the BankAmeriDeals thing!!••
***WELCOME TO THE MOUNTAINS***
The cabin is approx 1500 SF (plus the huge wrap around deck) and is a super peaceful and quiet place to get away from it all, yet it's only 15 minutes to Asheville and 10 minutes to the grocery store and pharmacy! Although the trade off for being remote, yet only 10 minutes from civilization is having to drive a fairly steep dirt road with numerous switchbacks that will require either an AWD or 4WD vehicle, so please read the "Getting Around" section below for more information/options!
The cabin is uber dog friendly with a large 8' tall fenced-in area around the cabin/under the deck that pets can access either by 3 stairs at the back or a ramp in the front (I had an elderly greyhound who couldn't do stairs so I built a ramp access ). This makes it easy to let you`re dog out for potty breaks.....just open the door and out they go without worrying about them wandering away. :)
Please take a look at the pictures included in the listing as each one has detailed information about the cabin's various aspects and amenities in addition to the following information:
The cabin has a total of seven beds:
- The loft has a queen bed and twin bed with private bathroom
- The back bedroom has a twin day bed plus a twin trundle bed, so can be separate or moved together for a king bed, with an en suite bathroom.
- The living room sofa is a super comfortable queen bed
- The twin day bed in the living room has a control to be able to raise head/feet, which is great to read, watch tv or just gaze at the mountains
- The reading chair between the living & dining room is also a twin bed
***In addition there is a self inflatable super comfortable queen air bed that I often use to sleep outside on the deck when the weather is nice - it's awesome to fall asleep under the stars listening to the crickets!!
• Full kitchen with all the usual appliances including coffee maker, blender, microwave, dishwasher, disposal, etc
• At least 12 place settings/silverware/glassware, Tupperware, plus all usual pots/pans/bakeware/utensils, etc.
• Several kinds of coffee & tea with all the fixins' (creamer, natural sugar, honey, agave, as well as the pink, blue & yellow stuff)
• Most spices and condiments as well as breakfast items (oatmeal, grits, pancake mix, syrup, etc), and anything else that happens to be in the fridge or pantry are up for grabs! As far as condiments/spices, my only request is if you use the last of something, please replace it! :)
• Papergoods are available including paper towels, napkins, paper plates with wicker holders, toilet paper, foil, plastic bags, garbage bags, etc
• Several "under counter appliances" such as ice tea maker, panini grill, Nutrabullet, rice maker, New Wave oven, mixer, etc
• 60" TV with DISH, HBO Starz & Encore channels
• Soundbar to play music via Bluetooth, radio, USB or SD Card
• DVD/VHS player with over 200 movies!
• ATT Uverse Internet (though due to the remoteness of the cabin, it's my only option and comes with a monthly data limit so it's not suitable for streaming, gaming, Netflix, etc, but fine for browsing, email, document/picture upload/download, etc)
• Washer/Dryer (including detergent, dryer sheets, etc, although please limit to 2 loads unless staying longer than a week)
• Iron/Ironing Board and clothes steamer located in washer/dryer closet opposite the hot water heater
• Both bathrooms have a basket of essentials in case you forgot your toothbrush, razor, etc
• Stone Fireplace with grate blower (including firewood, paper, starter sticks, etc)
• Two mini split systems with heat and air conditioning
• Hiking sticks, umbrellas, dog leashes, etc
• Propane tower heater
• Fire pit (including firewood)
• BBQ Grill - (Weber 22" charcoal kettle including charcoal, maple wood chips, utensils and cleaning supplies)
• Dining table & chairs
• Solid wood sofa, love seat and lounging chairs with cushions
• Late June/July the house is surrounded by red & black raspberries, blackberries and wineberries!!
• 12 acres of land to explore around the cabin
Accès des voyageurs
Guests will have access to almost anything in the cabin, the only exceptions are areas which have the owner's "stuff":
* The basement/crawl space
* The closet under the stairs
* In the loft, the areas under the eaves
* In the downstairs bathroom behind the curtain under the sink
* In the downstairs bedroom:
- The two "outside" closets with curtains
- The small 3 drawer dresser
- The desk/filing cabinets
** The middle closet has space for guests to hang clothes, and the top 2 drawers of the dresser in the middle closet are available as well.
* Also, please avoid using china/glassware on the top shelves in the kitchen cabinets next to the refrigerator and to the right of the stove.....THANKS SO MUCH!!
Échanges avec les voyageurs
As you can see from my reviews, I try my best to make sure my guests are comfortable, have everything they need, and most of all have the perfect vacation!! Whether that be to enjoy downtown Asheville, experience outdoor adventures, explore our craft beer industry, or just stay at the cabin and veg :). I am always available to provide info about the area and/or recommendations for tours, restaurants, places, events, activities (many that are "off the beaten path" :). Most of all I want my guests to make themselves at home!
I am completely flexible with check in/check out times so as long as it doesn't interfere with another guest's stay, my motto is that you'll get here when you get here and you'll leave when you feel like it! :)
I will be here whenever the guests arrive to guide you through the house and answer any questions. And if all the hype in the listing and/or reviews about the driveway makes you nervous, or you're not used to driving steep dirt roads, or especially if you arrive at night, just say the word and I will come down the hill so you can follow me up, after which I promise you'll be a pro! Otherwise, I'm available 24/7, and am only 10 minutes away so will be able to take care of any needs, issues, or questions immediately!
Also - Is your trip a surprise event? Birthday? Anniversary? Let me know and I can have decorations, a cake, flowers, balloons, etc.....I absolutely LOVE setting up the cabin for a surprise event!!
**Four-legged kids are always welcome!!!**
As far as a "pet policy" I'm a bit different than most Airbnb hosts in that I don't really have one :). I have a 3 year old long haired Chi named Quinn, and I am a HUGE dog lover so the cabin is completely pet friendly. No silly extra charges or deposits, I just trust people to know their pet's habits, quirks, and tendencies, to clean up any accidents, to let me know of any damages, and for the most part, to treat the cabin as you would your own home.....
• The cabin has a 680' Well with the most amazing water you'll ever taste.....freezing cold right out of the tap! So don`t bother lugging bottles of water up here :). However, the mountain is experiencing a water shortage, so please, PLEASE be mindful to conserve water (turn off water while brushing teeth, keep shower time to a minimum, etc)
• This may not be the best place for small children due to the openness of the stairs and deck, but it's up to you since you know your kids....if you're ok, then I'm ok! I've had several kids stay here (as young as 3 Yrs old) without a problem, but just wanted to mention it!
• Please remember this is a cabin in the middle of the woods......I do spray every couple of months, but it is by no means a "pest free zone". You may encounter a creature or two inside the house, but nothing that can't be flattened with a shoe :)
My main request is for guests to follow the Golden Rule and treat my cabin as if it were your own, and with that I want my guests to truly feel they are home during their stay!
I know it's a lot of information, but PLEASE review the entire listing so you will have the info you need to ensure the cabin will meet all your needs/wants/expectations for a fabulous vacation! And, of course, feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do, set up or provide before your arrival to make your stay perfect....
With that being said, I want to clarify the "Events & Parties Allowed" amenity....this does NOT include crazy drunken house parties with beer kegs & moonshine (has happened before), however if you would like to have a dinner, girls weekend, or wine-tasting party on the deck, no problem! Just please let me know in advance, and I'll even help you plan it!
• At least 2 guests in a group must be over the age of 25, and please ensure the number of guests is accurate. Host MUST be made aware of ANY changes to the reservation prior to arrival!
•. Along the same line, please let me know if anyone who is not on the guest list will be there for any extended period of time.
• AGAIN, please note that a 4WD OR AWD IS NEEDED TO REACH THE CABIN!! Details can be found in the above "Getting Around" section.
• Please do not use the Wi-Fi for gaming, and please limit streaming movies to 1 or 2 per day (Netflix, Hulu, etc) because my account has a data limit and I will be charged for any excess, but regular email, browsing, doc/picture upload/download, music, You Tube, etc is no problem!
• VERY IMPORTANT - The cabin has a septic tank, so please DO NOT flush anything in the toilet other than toilet paper!(LADIES!!).
• PROFOUNDLY IMPORTANT - The cabin also uses a well, and I recently found out that the flow is extremely low so PLEASE be mindful of/try to conserve water (turn off faucet when brushing teeth, length of time in the shower, etc)
• And please understand the cabin is not a 2nd house or investment property, this is my home, and while I want everyone to be comfortable during their stay, please respect my privacy and my personal things that are behind curtains and/or in closets. However if you need something that is not "out", just text me and, if I have it, I'll let you know where to find it!
• It would be a big help if you could gather up the towels and leave them in front of the washer (downstairs hallway)
• No worries about stripping the beds because I have a system to strip-wash-remake the beds.
• If something is broken or damaged, please give me a heads up rather than me having to figure out that something is missing and/or discover I need to fix something as I'm getting ready for future guests
• Leave any garbage bags INSIDE next to the front door, or, if you have a bag during your stay, feel free to text me and I will pick it up! Either way, never leave any garbage or food outside unless you want an up close & personal meeting with my buddy Monty the bear :). And recycling is optional....
• Turn off mini splits, lights, TV, etc and close the glass doors
•. Please let me know if there's any problems!! I welcome your thoughts & I definitely want to know if
* something is there that shouldn't be
* something isn't there that should be, or
* something is there that should be, but needs to be fixed
• And the most important non-negotiable rule that shall NOT be broken.....ALL GUESTS MUST SIGN MY GUESTBOOK!! :)
As they say in North Carolina, "Hey y'all!" I'm a single 40ish laid back jewelry designer with some Type A, uber OCD tendencies from my "previous" life as a Civil Engineer doing bridge construction in South FL (Go CANES!)