À propos de ce logement
IN THE HEART OF ROME. On Via della Mercede, between the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain, this luxury 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment is surrounded by fine dining, fabulous shopping, and within walking distance of many of Rome's most famous sights!
"The Spanish Steps Apartment on Via della Mercede"
WE MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU - included in our price:
(1) One airport or train station arrival pick-up and transfer to the apartment
(2) Early check-in (great for guests arriving on an overnight flight!)
(3) Mid-stay cleaning/linen change for stays of 8 nights or more
(4) Price is all inclusive: all taxes, end of stay cleaning, utilities, wi-fi, etc.
(5) After your easy arrival, welcome beverages and snacks will be waiting for you!
ALL THE COMFORT AND AMENITIES OF A LUXURY PRIVATE HOME: The Spanish Steps Apartment on Via della Mercede is a spacious (1,100+ square feet), elegant and comfortable apartment, consisting of a large and bright living room, separate dining room, large bedroom with new king-size bed, second bedroom with two new twin beds, one bathroom with tub/shower, second bathroom with small glass shower, and fully-equipped kitchen. The large bedroom also has a twin bed in case two people want to share the room but not share the king-size bed (4 person maximum). The apartment has double pane windows to keep it quiet and beautiful wood floors, and is decorated with high-end contemporary furniture and art.
The apartment is on the first floor (one floor above the ground level). It is up approximately 20 shallow steps, or you may use the small elevator. The palazzo entrance on Via della Mercede is through big double doors; there is also a security gate. The neighborhood is quite safe, with a significant police presence due to the number of government buildings and the fact that it is a high-end tourist area.
The apartment is within walking distance of the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, and many other historic sites and museums, as well as the subway, taxi stands, bus stops, and bike rental. Located in a traditional Roman palazzo, the apartment was completely remodeled and furnished in late 2010 and is now available as a self-catering apartment.
The is my treasured second home, and has been in my family since the 1960's.
Accès des voyageurs
YOUR HOME IN THE HEART OF ROME: Guests have the use of an entire, large, luxury self-catering apartment, with many amenities:
-Elevator in building
-Air conditioning (both bedrooms and living room)
-All linens/towels provided
-Fully equipped kitchen, including kettle, drip-style and stovetop-espresso coffee-makers, microwave
-Laptop with wireless Internet access
-Telephone with free local landline calls (cell phone and long-distance calls require calling card)
-Satellite television with English-language stations
-DVD player with Rome-themed DVDs (Roman Holiday, Gladiator, etc.)
-Guide books (lots!), maps, and helpful information packet
-iPod/iPod speakers with classical, jazz, blues, and classic rock catalog
-iPad Mini loaded with great Rome apps on food, sights, and walking tours of Rome
-Alarm clocks (with iPhone recharging docks)
-Interior light-blocking shutters and 'white noise' machines for light sleepers
-Iron and ironing board
-Playing cards and games
-Safety measures: smoke/carbon monoxide detector; fire extinguisher; first aid kit
Échanges avec les voyageurs
OUR SERVICE STANDS OUT: Upon booking, we will send you a detailed information packet on the neighborhood, walking directions to museums and sights, recommended restaurants, day trips, and much more (we also have a useful app we can send you!) Our English-speaking property manager will meet you at the apartment at check-in and is available seven days a week. The owner is also available by phone and email at all times.
We offer early check-in for our guests -- terrific for those arriving on early morning flights!
Our rental fee includes everything: complimentary airport pickup, taxes, linens, utilities, wi-fi, and end of stay cleaning fee (one cleaning; additional cleaning(s) included for stays 8 days or longer).
THE SPANISH STEPS APARTMENT ON VIA DELLA MERCEDE: HOUSE RULES AND SECURITY DEPOSIT AGREEMENT
1. CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT. Check-in is between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.; check-out is by 11 a.m. Owner will attempt to accommodate reasonable requests for other check-in/check-out times provided, however, that the times may only be changed if pre-arranged and agreed, in writing, with the Owner. Under no circumstances shall the Renter attempt to gain entry to the apartment prior to the agreed check-in time. An additional fee of US$100 may be required, at the Owner’s sole discretion, for late check-out. The Renter should notify the Owner of the Renter’s anticipated arrival time, including flight/train information, as soon as possible so that the guest services manager can plan to meet the Renter at the apartment.
2 SECURITY DEPOSIT / DAMAGE PROTECTION. At least one form of security / damage protection is required. You have the option of either: 1) Paying a refundable $500 deposit; or, 2) Purchasing non-refundable property damage protection for coverage as offered with the listing of this property. This must be paid or purchased before or with the final reservation payment. The $500 deposit, if previously received, will be refunded provided the following provisions are met:
a. No damage is done to the apartment or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear. The Renter has returned the apartment and its contents in good condition, namely, the same condition that it was found. The apartment is in neat condition, with all dishes washed.
b. No apartment contents have been removed, damaged, or lost.
c. All keys are returned. Note that replacing a security key in Italy is extremely expensive; the Renter should take all precautions to prevent loss of apartment keys.
d. The Renter (or any guest of the Renter) has not violated any of the terms of the Vacation Rental Agreement.
e. The Renter (or any guest of the Renter) has not incurred any fees or fines accruing to the Owner relating to the use of the apartment.
To avoid liability for cancellation or travel delay, vacation insurance is recommended.
3. PAYMENT. A payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required at the time of booking. The payment will be applied toward the rental fee. The balance (remaining 50%) is due thirty (30) days before your arrival (check-in) date. All deposits and payment will be deposited in the Owner’s interest bearing account to the sole benefit of the Owner. Amounts are in US dollars.
4. INCLUSIVE FEES. The rental rate includes Rome tourist tax, a one-time linen and towel setup; cleaning fee (at departure); guest services fee; taxes; cable and wi-fi usage; and utilities. One (1) airport or train station pickup (at time of arrival) is included; guest is responsible for any other car service used.
5. CANCELLATIONS. If a guest cancels more than 30 days before the check-in date, 100% of the amount that has been paid (the booking amount, which is 50% of the total rental cost) will be refunded. If a guest cancels within 30 days of the check-in date, the guest will receive a 50% refund of the total rental cost. In either case, an administrative charge of up to $200 may be assessed and deducted from the refund. Note: for guests booking through TripAdvisor/, the term used on those websites is “4 weeks,” equal to 28 days. Therefore, if you booked through TripAdvisor/, substitute the terms “more than 28 days” and “within 28 days” for purposes of this paragraph.
6. GUESTS / OCCUPANCY / EVENTS / CHILDREN. Please provide the following information as soon as possible:
1) Name, address, phone number, and email of the primary renter.
2) Name of all other guests (additional phone numbers and emails may be helpful).
Renter must promptly inform the Owner of any change to the specifically identified guests. Standard occupancy for the apartment is no more than four (4) guests; any exception must be approved by the Owner, in writing. There may be an additional charge of $100 per day for each requested additional guest, at the Owner’s sole discretion. No events, including, but not limited to, weddings, receptions, graduations, ceremonies or other similar events, are permitted. We do not have equipment available for infants or small children (under age two).
7. MINIMUM RENTAL. Minimum rental is five (5) nights, unless otherwise agreed, in writing, by the Owner. Renter shall not sublet or re-let the apartment. Renter shall not assign or otherwise transfer any right or delegate any duty under this agreement.
8. NO SMOKING/NO PETS. This is a non-smoking property. Pets are not permitted.
9. MAID SERVICE. An end-of-stay cleaning is included in the rental rate. Daily or weekly maid service is not included in the rental rate but may be available at an additional rate.
10. PHONE AND INTERNET. A local phone is provided; calls to local landlines are free. Calls to cell phones or long-distance calls require a calling card. Internet service is available at no additional charge.
11. PARKING. No parking is included, and parking is not permitted within the Rome historic district without a permit.
12. NOISE. Local law in Rome requires that occupants of multi-family buildings keep noise to a minimum between 9:30 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., and again between 12:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. The Renter is advised that noise should be kept to a minimum during these time periods; the washing machine/dryer or dishwasher should not be operated during quiet hours. Noise should also be kept to a minimum in the stairwell and building foyer at all times.
13. UTILITIES. Due to the extremely high cost of electricity, gas, and water in Rome, the Renter agrees to be moderate with respect to usage of heat, air conditioning, electricity, and water.
14. DAMAGES / COSTS. The Renter is liable for all damage related to the Renter’s use of the apartment (including actions of the Renter’s guests), beyond normal wear and tear, and shall be liable for damage beyond the $500 security deposit. The Renter agrees that a charge may be made against the Renter’s credit card for damage beyond normal wear and tear that exceeds the $500 security deposit so long as the Owner provides written notice of such damage. The Renter shall also be liable for any costs incurred by the Owner due to negligence of the Renter, such as if the Renter loses the apartment keys, locks the keys in the apartment, theft or damage due to the Renter’s failure to secure the apartment, etc. To prevent any damage to the wood floors, please do not move the furniture.
15. FAILURE TO VACATE ON TIME. A fee of $100 per hour may be assessed, at the Owner’s sole discretion, for each hour where the Renter (or a guest of the Renter) fails to leave the property by the agreed check-out time, provided, however, that notwithstanding any such charge(s), the Renter expressly acknowledges and agrees that timely check-out from the apartment is critical to the Owner, that any delay by Renter in checking out shall not create any right to holdover or any kind of tenancy-at-will or tenancy for any term whatever, and that Renter shall be liable to Owner for any and all damages, including all of Owner’s consequential damages, for any delay in the surrender of the apartment.
16. APARTMENT SECURITY / LIABILITY. The Renter shall not give a copy of the keys to any person, shall ensure the apartment is locked when the Renter is not present, and shall not leave the windows open when the Renter is not present. It is recommended that the apartment remain locked at all times for the safety of the Renter as well as apartment security. In no event shall the Owner or the Owner’s guest services manager be liable to the Renter (or a guest of the Renter) for any consequential or indirect damages, injury or for pain or suffering incurred by the Renter (or a guest of the Renter) in connection with this agreement or the apartment. The Owner or the Owner’s guest services manager will not be responsible for any loss or theft of possessions with regard to the Renter (or a guest of the Renter). The Renter shall indemnify and hold the Owner and any guest services manager of the apartment harmless from any claim or suit relating to any and all injuries, losses, costs, fees, damages, or expenses of any kind arising from, as a result of, or in connection with this agreement and the use and rental of the apartment by the Renter (or any guest of the Renter). Also, please do not let anyone you do not know into the building when entering or exiting the security gate.
17. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS. Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in advance by the Owner, and in writing,
18. RIGHT OF ENTRY. The Owner or the Owner’s guest services manager may enter the premises in the event of an emergency, to make repairs, or, with good cause, to ascertain whether the Renter has violated the terms of this agreement. Except in cases of emergency, or where it is impractical to do so, the Owner or the Owner’s guest services manager shall give the Renter reasonable notice before entering.
19. RETURNED CHECK / DECLINED CREDIT CARD / FALSIFIED RESERVATION. If any payment due under this agreement is declined for lack of sufficient funds, a “stop payment,” a closed account, a declined credit card, or any other reason, the Renter will be liable for any and all charges sustained by the Owner as well as an administrative charge of $200. Furthermore, a party will not be permitted to check-in without full payment. Any reservation obtained under false pretense or with false information will be subject to forfeiture of reservation deposit and advance payment, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
20. DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW/VENUE/ATTORNEY’S FEES/JURY TRIAL WAIVER. In acknowledgement of the international aspects of this transaction, and the Owner’s habitual residence in the Commonwealth of Virginia, United States of America, the parties hereby agree that this agreement shall be deemed executed and made in the Commonwealth of Virginia, regardless of the mode of transmission or exchange of the final signed document. This agreement, its validity, and its terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, but without resort to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. The exclusive venue and only forum for all claims shall be the Circuit Court of Fairfax County, Virginia, provided, however, and without waiving the preceding governing law and exclusive mandatory venue provisions, Renter and Owner specifically agree that Owner shall be permitted to resort to all local laws, authorities, and procedures in the jurisdiction in which the apartment is located for purposes of removing, evicting or ousting the Renter, or in otherwise procuring the apartment’s surrender. In the event the Owner substantially prevails against the Renter in any claim, dispute or controversy, the Owner shall be entitled to an award of all of Owner’s costs and reasonable attorney’s fees, including for post-judgment collection efforts. The parties hereto specifically waive any right to a trial by jury. If any dispute arises between the parties, the parties shall attempt to resolve the dispute in good faith. At no time shall Renter post any negative or disparaging review on any personal or third party website, blog, or other forum. Any such posting will be considered a material breach of this agreement and shall entitle the Owner to any and all damages, including but not limited to loss of reputation and goodwill in the amount of $100 per day the negative or disparaging review is posted, and any and all costs and reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by Owner to have the negative or disparaging review removed.
21. JOINT AND SEVERAL LIABILITY. The use of the singular “Renter” is used herein for convenience only, and in the event of one more Renters who enter into this agreement, all such Renters shall be jointly and severally liable under this agreement.
22. NO WAIVER BY OWNER. Any forbearance by the Owner under the terms and conditions of this agreement shall not be deemed or otherwise construed to be a waiver of any contractual or other right or remedy to which the Owner is lawfully entitled.
23. ENTIRE AGREEMENT/MODIFICATION / NO ADVERSE PRESUMPTION. This agreement represents the parties’ entire agreement and shall supersede any and all prior oral and/or written promises between or among the parties hereto. This agreement may only be modified by a writing intended as a modification hereof and signed by all of the parties hereto. No presumption in the enforcement, construction, or interpretation of this agreement shall operate against the party drafting this agreement or causing this agreement (including any written amendment hereto) to be drafted.
24. OUTAGES/STRIKES / ACTS OF GOD. The Owner is not responsible for power outages, water main breaks, cable or Internet outages, strikes, inclement weather, Acts of God, or similar actions which may impact the enjoyment of the apartment. If water or electricity outages occur, please contact the guest services manager immediately. If you must move to another lodging due to water or electricity outages, the Owner will refund the rental fee for that day and any days left in your rental period if the water and electricity outage continues. The Owner will not be liable for the cost of the other lodging.
25. VOLUNTARY CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT. The Renter acknowledges and agrees that Renter has read and understood this agreement; may consult with legal counsel of Renter’s own choosing; and is entering into this agreement voluntarily.
Renter certifies that they are over twenty-five (25) years of age, and agrees to all terms and conditions of this Vacation Rental Agreement.
“BOOKING ON LINE” REQUEST WILL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT BY RENTER
PLEASE PROVIDE: Airport information (arrival airport (FCO or CIA), airline, flight number, arrival time, and place of origination) or train (train number, arrival time, arrival station, and place of origination) information as soon as you have it.
Note that Italian law requires that all vacation rental property owners collect specific information on all guests staying at their properties in order to register guests’ presence with the police. Please do not send any information at this time, unless requested by us. A request for passport information will be sent to you separately shortly before your check-in date.
Confirmation of this rental will be provided by Owner by separate notification.
PLEASE NOTE WE TAKE BOOKINGS ON A “FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED” BASIS. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE APARTMENT COULD BE BOOKED DURING THE PERIOD WHEN YOUR “BOOKING ON LINE” REQUEST WAS SUBMITTED AND WHEN IT IS PROCESSED (AND NOTED IN THE SYNCHRONIZED CALENDAR SYSTEM).
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK AIRLINE OR OTHER TICKETS UNTIL THE OWNER CONFIRMS THE RESERVATION!
Cet hôte applique des conditions d'annulation strictes
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 30 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement intégral. En cas d'annulation au cours des 30 jours précédant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % du prix à la nuit. Les frais vous sont remboursés intégralement.
My father, David T. Colin, had come to Rome in World War II, when he was with American military, the legendary Office of Strategic Services run by "Wild Bill" Donovan. After the war, my father returned to Rome, the city that he had fallen in love with, and purchased the apartment. During the late 1960's, he was one of the founders of the American University of Rome (AUR), and, indeed, the apartment was the administrative office (and impromptu party space) for AUR over a number of years.
I was born and raised here in Rome. As a child, I acted in two horror films here in Italy, credited as David Colin Jr. The first was called "Beyond the Door" (1974) and starred actress Juliet Mills. The second, "Beyond the Door II" (1977), starred the "queen" of Italian horror movies, Daria Nicolodi, and was directed by Mario Bava, an Italian director with a cult following for his long line of horror films.
Although I now live near Washington, DC, where I am an economist, I come back to Rome as often as possible. Despite all my time here, Rome continues to be a fascinating city that always has more to offer. I hope you find the Eternal City as welcoming and wonderful as I do. That's why my goal as a host is to make it easy for you so that you can live like a local with the comforts you're used to having back home.