À propos de ce logement
Our quiet studio cottage is nestled in the trees. It has a comfy queen bed, full kitchen w/dishwasher and washer/dryer. The large deck overlooks a greenbelt with a small seasonal creek. There is classic rock art on the walls and fun music books, too.
Our cozy cottage really is close to everything, located on a private lane between Arden Park/Wilhaggen, two of Sacramento's most desirable neighborhoods. It is centrally located and within easy walking distance of the American River and its wonderful bike trail. CSUS (Cal State University Sacramento) is 5 minutes away, a 2 mile straight line down Fair Oaks Blvd. There is a picturesque 9-hole golf course bordering the river about a mile down the road. Downtown Sacramento and the state capitol are about five miles, also on the Fair Oaks/J St route. There are dozens of restaurants within a one-mile radius, from exceptionally fine dining to great local greasy spoons and everything in-between. There are excellent Whole Foods, Save Mart, Safeway and Raley's grocery stores within a two-mile radius.
The well-appointed cottage is about 500 square feet and very quiet. It's nestled under numerous tall oaks and next to a green belt. When you are there, it is hard to believe you are in the middle of a bustling city.
The fully-equipped kitchen has a four-burner stove, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, coffeemaker and toaster. Also included are dinnerware and flatware, linen napkins, a variety of pots, pans and bakeware, candles, wine glasses and a selection of spices and oils.
The cottage is set back about 300 feet from the main road and is nice and secluded. The full french doors open to a redwood deck under a canopy of oak trees in this lush, rustic setting. It's perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine or dining al fresco under the stars. The deck has a small gas grill (always ready to go year 'round), table, chairs and sometimes a view of the family of wild turkeys that has been walking through most evenings for generations.
The cottage naturally stays very comfortable due to its location under the trees, but has an oversized central heating and air unit to insure your comfort any time of year.
There is a flat-panel LCD television, Comcast cable and WiFi network for your laptop and mobile devices.
The walls are adorned with classic Fillmore and Avalon Ballroom posters and handbills and other music-themed art. A selection of books about music, music art and the music business are also on hand.
The queen-sized bed comes with down comforter and pillows. A futon is also available for a third person upon request. We also have a Graco Pack-n-Play on request just in case some little kids show up. There is also an iron, small ironing board and a hair dryer.
The tiled bath has a shower with shampoo, soaps and a selection of toiletries.
There is a washer-dryer and laundry detergent.
The cottage shares a covered carport with a larger house on the property with ample additional parking available on the lane.
It is a simple but genuinely charming place to stay.
Accès des voyageurs
The entire dwelling is available, including the use of anything inside.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
While I am a very attentive owner, I do not normally have any interaction with guests unless there is a need, in which case I am always available.
This is one of the nicest parts of town. Our lane is populated with beautiful homes as is the neighborhood generally. High-quality eateries abound in all price ranges and there are great grocery stores like Raley's, Whole Foods, SaveMart and Safeway within a mile or two. We are around 1/2 mile from the American River, too, with it's superb, river-side bike and jogging trail. We are also very close to major arteries, simplifying directions and making shorter any trip.
You can access city buses just a few hundred yards from our place, and light rail is available about two miles away, though I would not recommend walking to the light rail station.
Also, if you are contemplating taking public transit from the nearby Watt Ave. bus stop to the midtown/downtown area, be advised that the bus uses a circuitous route that takes around one hour.
By accepting the rental agreement, Guest agrees to the following rental rules:
1. No smoking anywhere on the property.
2. No pets without prior written approval.
3. No additional overnight guests without prior approval; any day visitors on the property are the sole responsibility of Guest.
4. Please do not remove or move any art.
5. Guests expressly agree that Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, illness, loss of valuables or belongings, and that Guest expressly assumes the risk of any harm or loss, whatsoever, arising from their use of the premises or others who may use the premises during the term.
6. Guest agrees to use the property and furnishings appropriately and to use appliances only for their intended purposes.
7. Parking: Please park only on our property. The house shares a carport with a cottage on the property. Cottage guests are allowed a maximum of two cars at a time including visitors. The adjacent house may or may not be occupied. Though he carport is typically used by cottage guests, it is available on a first-come, first-served daily basis to the guests of both dwellings. Ample additional parking is available along the lane.
8. Neighbors: Please respect the rights and property of our neighbors. Please do not park on their property or block their rights of way.
9. Checkout: Checkout is 11 AM.
10. Please do not hesitate to call me any time for any reason.
11. Please do enjoy your stay!
(phone number hidden)
Cet hôte a 28 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
I am Mike Farrace, born in Berkeley, raised in Antioch and a Sacramento resident since 1972. I worked as a VP for Tower Records for almost 30 years, working in stores, publishing magazines and starting our Internet business in 1995. I spent much of that time traveling around the world on Tower business, collecting stuff, much of which I display in my exceptional rental abodes. These days, my full-time job is selling rock art and photography. I offer two excellent dwellings, a charming studio cottage and a four-bedroom, vintage craftsmanly bungalow, both in one of Sacramento's greatest neighborhoods. Both feature great vintage rock poster art and photography. I love doing this and encourage you to comment or ask questions about your stay or, in fact, anything. I will respond promptly and enthusiastically. I want to be a great host.