We love to offer our guests a warm welcome and then the freedom of no expectations from us to visit!
Your lower level daylight bedroom, sitting room and kitchen look out to backyard & woods. Birds and squirrels love it here. We hope you do too:-)
After we greet you at the front door and you're checked in we'll be going down stairs to our daylight basement that we love so much so you can get acquainted with your bedroom and your queen size bed, bathroom, living area, kitchen area and the patio doors to the back yard:-)
One of the lovely things about your living space is that all of the leather furniture in the sitting area is reclining and is around the fireplace and television. There are blankets tucked inside the coffee table in case you like to cuddle up while you are reading or visiting or watching television.
If you like popcorn we have an air popper and a microwave, you bring the popcorn:-) We also have a shelf in the fridge and one in the freezer you can use. A kettle, teapot, a coffee maker, a toaster oven AND a toaster that also poaches eggs also await your curiosity.
Each bedroom has heavy light cancelling shades over our east facing windows. If you use them you could find yourself having a lovely longer sleep than normal.
If you look out your window in the morning you might see the Squirrels and Birds feeding in the back yard.
There is one bathroom downstairs. If both of our rooms are booked the other bedroom gets the downstairs bathroom. If you don't know the guests in the other room and/or want to have a bathroom of your own we have a lovely large bathroom upstairs with a full tub and shower for your use. You'll have to sneak upstairs into our territory to get to it but we think it will be worth the trip. And we may say hello or smile at you, ask you if you have everything you need but we will respect your privacy and not make you visit, unless you really want to, and then it would be a mutual thing, which might be okay?
Accès des voyageurs
You will have access to your bedroom, a bathroom, the kitchenette and dining area, the sitting area around the fire and the back yard through the patio doors in the sitting area.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I am usually available via text from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. should you have any questions or need help with something.
It's important to park on our driveway on the south side of the driveway in such a way that our garage door is not blocked.
We expect our guests to be mindful of us living upstairs. This includes no smoking whatsoever on our property, no pets brought onto our property, in the house and quiet by 10 except by prior 24 hour arrangement. No guests not registered with us on our property at any time.
Cet hôte a 3 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
Some of the things I love are:
- good times with family and friends
- walking beneath pine trees
- watching the sun set off of Patrick's Point, California
- lounging on the beach at Waimanalo, Oahu
- watching morning surfers at Kona by the Sea on the The Big Island, Hawaii
- hiking on the north shore of Kaui, Hawaii
- skiing at Bromont, Quebec
- diving and swimming in a quarry somewhere in Ontario
- exploring the Cabot Trail and Meat Cove, NS
- hiking along the red cliffs of Cavendish, PEI
- driving through the rolling hills and along the winding river of the Qu'Appelle Valley, Saskatchewan
- beach combing the solitude of rugged Wolf Point, New Brunswick
- watching bald eagles salmon fishing on the beach at Powell River, British Columbia
- viewing the Rocky Mountains and walking through fields of wildflowers in the foothills of Pincher Creek area, Alberta
- swimming with turtles in the ocean off of Barbados
- hiking through rain forest while listening to tree frogs in Puerto Rico
- making rhubarb wine, from scratch
- taking pictures
- listening to live music
- eating delicious food
My style of hosting is to give my guests a warm welcome and lots of privacy. This is my style of being a guest as well. Sometimes I think it would be convenient to be extroverted but I'm just not that way. My way of being has it's own gifts.
A Chinese proverb I heard a number of years ago says "When is the best time to plant a tree? Twenty years ago. When is the next best time to plant a tree? Right now."
This proverb comes to mind often and each time I am encouraged to focus on positive potential and move forward wherever possible.