À propos de ce logement
Your room is in a great three bedroom, shared one bath house located on a cute and quiet street in North Oakland.
Bedroom has a queen bed, hand crafted headboard, small dresser, and medium closet. The room gets great afternoon sun and a view of amazing sunsets.
House is newly renovated, with lots of natural light, large kitchen, bathroom with a tub, laundry room, and super sunny backyard. Street parking is easily obtained.
The house has fast wireless internet (50mb down/ 10mb up)
- Kitchen, including gas range and oven.
- Private shelves in refrigerator and cabinets
- Backyard, including grill and seating.
We are nearby to everything by foot, bike, vehicle or public transportation! It is only a 15 minute drive to downtown San Francisco, and 15 minute walk to the BART station. UC Berkeley campus, and downtown Berkeley, are 2 miles away. Plus we are conveniently located only 1 mile to Emeryville shopping centers. Telegragh Avenue is 1.5 miles away and hosts some great restaurants, Pizzaiolo, Dona Tomas, Burma Superstar, as well as a weekly Sunday farmers market. Berkeley Bowl and Wholefoods Market are within 2 miles.
We are located in between Ashby and Macarthur Bart stops. Each is about a 10 minute walk, or a few minutes by bike.
For those who are traveling, we are located only 23 minutes from the Oakland Airport and 35 minutes from the San Francisco International. Transit buses 12 and 18 have stops close to the house.
Our house is professionally cleaned twice a month. Your room will be cleaned as well (floors, windows, etc) and your bed linen and towels will be cleaned and changed. The cleaning cost is included in your Airbnb rate - there is no additional fee.
Thanks for staying with us and welcome to our house. Below is helpful information for you to have an enjoyable and peaceful stay at our house. We look forward to having you. Please feel free to ask any question.
Check-In / Check-Out:
- Check in is after 2pm
We will be in touch to coordinate your arrival.
- Check out is before 11am
Please leave room as you found it: take out trash, don’t leave papers or dishes. You can leave bed, and towels as is.
Getting Settled In:
- The 2nd drawer in the bathroom is where you can keep your toiletries.
- The refrigerator in the kitchen is for our guests. Keep your food in the area marked with your name.
- Dry food storage is in the bottom of the in built in cabinet. Your area is marked with your name.
- Please keep personal possessions in your room
Noise / Quiet Hours
- We realize everyone is going to be on different schedules, so we’ve adopted quiet hours from 10pm-8am. Please complete your cooking, showering, and other activities in common areas before 10pm, and limit them before 8am.
- Be mindful to shut doors as quietly as possible at all hours
Coming & Going:
- Please lock door before leaving, even if someone else is home
- Your key works on front & back door.
- The house is cleaned every other Thursday, starting at 9am. It’s advisable to tidy your room before house cleaner arrives
- After using kitchen, clean, dry and place dishes back in the cupboard after use and wipe down kitchen surfaces, including stove
- If you are staying more than 2 weeks we ask that you take your turn emptying dishwasher, taking out trash, and recycling
Kitchen & Cooking:
- Feel free to use pots, pans, utensils etc as you find them in the cupboards.
- When you’re finished cooking, clean all pots and pans, and place items in the dishwasher. If you do leave items to dry, please come back to them when your meal is finished -- no dishes are to be left drying overnight.
- Please plan your meals to be complete, including dishes, by 10pm.
Laundry / Washing Machines
- Feel free to use the washer and dryer. Remember to clean the lint trap on the dryer.
- There’s a clothesline and clothespins off the back porch for air drying.
- No laundry after 10pm
- No overnight guests, or parties.
- No pets
- There a bike rack in the back of the house. Feel free to store your bike in the back yard. The side gate opens, and the dog fence can be unclipped from the fence to get through. It’s best to lock your bike. No bikes in the house.
We have four awesome downstairs neighbors: Omar, Paula, Sam, and pug, Luna.
We ask that you tread lightly to minimize the noise for the downstairs neighbors. This includes going up/down front and back stairs and shutting doors quietly. Please do not wear high heels or other shoes that would be loud through the floor.
- Street parking is easy and free. Take notice of street cleaning signs and move your car during street cleaning hours to avoid tickets.
Welcome to Oakland,
Frank and Mackenzie