"Scott and Jenna Short Stay" is a family.
We have hosted over 1,760 families and groups (from all websites)
as of November, in 24+ places!
(Search us or delve into our profile to see them all...)
We greet you in person! (Ask us about special$!)
NOTE we have links to ALL 30+ of our listings on this website at the end of this description! (Airbnb used to provide that, but changed their format...)
Cape Cod Home with three levels, plenty of room for your family or group located at the west end of the Uptown District in St. Louis Park, near Southwest Minneapolis, Edina, West Bloomington, Golden Valley, Hopkins, Minnetonka, etc. Literally at the freeway exit, easy access to the entire Twin Cities area.
Top Floor: Extra large Master with Gas Fireplace!
Main Floor: Two Bedrooms and Bath. Hardwood floors, Big LR for gathering, Formal Dining Room, Updated Kitchen with Apron Sink, Butcherblock, Stainless Steel.
Lower level: Rec Room and additional sleeping area, Washer/Dryer.
Outside: Big Outdoor Patios with Movie Screen (you supply projector) and Outdoor Gas Grill.
Plenty of Parking, PLUS access to trails and transit!
Walk to multiple coffee houses, convenience stores, etc.
Near Lakes and Parks, including children's playground.
Internet supplied, Cable TV with DVR supplied.
Super easy freeway access to Highway 100 (downtown or Mall of America in ten minutes), but only two miles from the north end of Lake Calhoun!
We used to live here full time-- many extras.
We always reserve here when people find us here, but if you want to search our number and call, it can be easier to go through options that way.
(We have been on Airbnb a long time... did you know Airbnb used to facilitate phone calls between guests and hosts? We would dial Airbnb, and get connected through their system. Times change... *sigh*)
If you don't see what you need, inquire!
If you would like to rent from a family who has helped over 2,000 guest groups in Minneapolis, take a look at our 30+ other properties...
First the places we have north and east of downtown Minneapolis...
#47 Big 4BR2ba with event space in garage -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/124575284
#43 Big 3+BR1.5ba with event space in garage -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12498075
#16 Cozy One bedroom --- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/233664
#2 Large Basement studio --- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/469497
#25 Small 3BR1ba on two levels --- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1300233
#17 Large 3BR1ba --- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/312084
#24 Small one level 3BR1ba top floor --- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/469445
#29 Large one level 3BR1ba balconies --- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/312084
#49 Single family 3BR1ba fenced yard https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13841704
#45 Two level 3BR2ba townhouse+gar. --- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5716056
#23M FourBR1ba --- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/728715
#23U FourBR1ba Upper --- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5504548
#9 "Hotel Rec Room Suite" basement --- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/312083 (note bed replaced by full size sofa futon, kitchen sink and stove deleted.)
And these are South and West of Downtown Minneapolis...
#15U ThreeBR1ba Upper --- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/420080
#15M Two/ThreeBR1ba Main Floor ---https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/516314
#41M TwoBR 1ba Main Floor https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13429289
#41U TwoBR 1ba Top Floor https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14303222
#50 ThreeBR 1ba SideBySide https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13839698
#46 SevenBR5ba Pool Spa Play Structure -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8229316
#42 TwoBR1ba Single Family -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/9345980
#18 FourBR2ba Single Family Game Room -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/596919
#6 Studio1ba -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/233598
#5 ThreeRoom1ba -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/233600
#12 TwoBR1ba -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/276407
#14E ThreeBR1ba -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1107895
#14W ThreeBR1ba -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6292502
#13E FiveBR2ba -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/336117
#13W FiveBR2ba -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10916988
#13X SevenBR3ba -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6062994
#7A ThreeBR1ba Game Room https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/108809
#7B ThreeBR1ba Game Room https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/754715
#33A TwoBR1ba +2 more King Beds Game Room -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1833199
#33B TwoBR1ba +2 more King Beds Game Room -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1833149
#33D TwoBR1ba Game Room Similar to above, no extra King Beds.
#39 TwoBR1ba Single Family Games -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10866047
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the building. Smoking is allowed outside only. Please dispose of cigarette butts properly and be careful with the use of fire.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
5. Guest agrees that Internet access will not be used for illegal or illicit purposes and indemnifies Homeowner against criminal and civil prosecution for such conduct.
6. Pets are permitted only with prior approval, are generally limited to service animals, and the Pet Addendum must be used if a pet will stay at the unit. Note to those with allergies: cats reside in other areas of the building and dogs may have stayed in the unit in the past. Please keep in mind we thoroughly clean with HEPA type vacuums and all linens are laundered after every guest.
7. Parking: There is usually no limit to parking on the street near the building. NOTE that in winter, there are “Snow Emergencies” declared and your car must be off-street. NOTE that maintenance crews may prohibit parking, please look for signs. Consult with management regarding where to park at that time. Off street parking is generally limited to one vehicle(s), however two vehicles may be parked one behind the other in the reserved space. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service or laundry is not included in the rental rate. It is an option, however. Please ask about for cost. Please ask if you need beach towels. We do not permit standard bath towels or linens to be taken from the units.
9. Hot tub or jetted tub (if in this unit). No children are permitted to use any tub without constant adult supervision. When using the public beaches or tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with all facilities. For instance diabetics should not use tubs for extended periods. The timer on the tub should be the maximum time of individual use. Use at your own risk. Our housekeepers sanitize tubs prior to your arrival. Be careful in using a jetted tub. There must be adequate water, but not too much water. Please do not overfill, there is no drain in the bath area.
10. Fire. Candle or other open flame use is not permitted inside the unit: Any outdoor firepit, gas barbecue or candles may be used with caution. Ask for assistance and instruction before using for the first time. Do not leave a fire unattended. Ask for instruction if you have not used these items before, or if they are not identical to those you have used in the past.
11. Underage Drinking ./ Illegal Drugs: Guest(s) agree not to allow anyone under the age of 21 to consume alcoholic beverages on the premises. Resident(s) agree not to use nor permit the use of any non-prescription drugs on the premises.
12. Disrespectful Behavior: Guest(s) agree and understand that certain things won't be tolerated, including (without limitation) disrespect of property, property owners, neighbors, or company management. Guest(s) shall be respectful at all times. In the event of disrespectful behavior, guest(s) shall be liable for an additional $500 fee.
13. Holdover: Guest(s) agree and understand that they must vacate the premises upon expiration of the rental term date and time of day (11 AM unless prior agreement). In the event Resident(s) remain on the premises after the expiration of the rental term, Resident(s) shall be liable for standard rental rate plus $200/day additional fee until the guest(s) voluntarily leave or are evicted from the premises by the authorities.
Scott & Jenna don't get much time for traveling lately! We have over two dozen different properties and unit configurations to accommodate just about any size group for Airbnb travelers! (Look them all up in one place clicking on our picture to access our profile, then see "View All Listings" on the left side). All of our spaces are private individual units. Everything from one room studios to single family homes to an apartment building where we could host 50 people at once! (We own the whole place! Well, along with the bank!)
We very much enjoy helping others make the most of their visits to Minneapolis, St. Paul and the Lake Minnetonka area of our beautiful state, Minnesota.
When we travel, we like warm places when Minnesota is cold... Cali, Hawaii, Florida. But family ties take us to places like North Dakota and Ohio, too.
We like contrasts, Jenna loves food that wakes up your taste buds and Scott thinks cream of mushroom soup is a little spicy!
We especially enjoy the cultural scene in the Twin Cities area. More people per capita attend plays here than Manhattan! Modern dance is another one of our favorite "evenings out", and the music scene here is always lively -- from folk to rock and everything in between (one of us has an interesting point of view, having been a deejay at the club where Prince filmed Purple Rain).
People sometimes ask how we ended up doing this... it boils down to a very aggressive real estate agent! :-) Plus, we are both down-sized refugees from Corporate America. We like having our guests as bosses, instead of (some of) the guys and gals in the corner office that we worked for!
If you want to learn more about the area to make the most of your trip, we are happy to help. But we will never be intrusive. We try to greet in person, but can't always manage it with too many people arriving at the same time, or an emergency at one of the spaces.
However, we are always available by email and phone and emergency phone. We ask people to think of us as the front desk of the hotel.
If there is anything (we want to emphasize it) please get ahold of us if there is a challenge! There is nothing worse to us than hearing of a problem in a review, when we never heard it from the guest while they were here! Don't be shy!
Thanks for reading.
Scott and Jenna