Stay in this 1 bedroom apartment located just one block from the restaurants, cafes, and bars on 17th Avenue. The apartment is central so it's close to major road networks and a 20 minute walk to downtown.
About the place and neighborhood
Stay in a comfortable 1 bedroom apartment located on a quiet street in Lower Mount Royal near the fairly eclectic mix of restaurants, cafes and bars of 17th Avenue. The apartment is ideally located on the edge of Mount Royal where you can walk by historic mansions built by the city's pioneers or find life on the street one block north.
The pictures describe the place better than I can: it's recently renovated, open concept and clean.
- Sleeping: The bed will have clean sheets, duvet and pillows
- Hygiene: We'll leave towels, fresh bars of soap and shampoo just in case
- Cleaning clothes: There's a washing machine and dryer in the unit that you're welcome to use. You can use our laundry detergent to make things more convenient
- Cooking: If you want to cook you can use our pots, pans, blender, juicer, what we have for spices etc...
- Internet/TV: You'll have access to our wifi and netflix on our smart TV
- Parking: One outdoor parking space is included
- Bike rental: There's a bike rental shop nearby called BikeBike
- Public transport: There's a number of bus routes that pass just down the street You're also not far from from C train stations that run through downtown
Details on what's nearby (by foot)
- 12-15 min walk to downtown
- 12-15 min walk to the C-train (light rail public transit)
- 2 min walk to the bus stop (depending on which bus of course)
- 1 min walk to 17th Ave (street full of shopping, cafes, restaurants and bars)
- 7 min walk to bike rental shop
- 20-25 min walk to Greyhound bus station
- 7-15 min walk to a grocery stores (Community Natural Foods, Safeway, and CO-OP)
- 7-10 min walk to bakeries
- 3 min walk to liquor store
- 7-10 min walk to banks
- 5-15 min walk to various parks/plazas
- 20-25 min walk to Bow River pathways
- 15-20 min walk to Elbow River pathways
Details on what's nearby (by car)
- 5 min drive to downtown
- 25-45 min drive to airport (depending on traffic)
- 15 min drive to University of Calgary
- 10 min drive to Mount Royal University
- 10 min drive to SAIT
- 15 min drive to Chinook Mall
The apartment has one Queen size bed and a couch where a 3rd guest can sleep.
Expect to feel at home and enjoy Calgary from a convenient and central location.
The apartment is yours to enjoy. We just ask that you be respectful of the place and neighbours (i.e. no loud music late at night and no parties).
Nothing puts things into perspective like travel .. seeing a new way of life, a new way of thinking or just eating delicious and perhaps mysterious new foods. There's fewer experiences we remember better than the things we do, people we meet when we our outside our own environment. I love it when people visit the city I was born in and enjoy experiencing all that is here.
I work in international development with renewable energy. I've been fortunate to have lived, worked, studied in North, Central and South America, South and East Asia, Europe, and West Africa. I love meeting new people and studying languages.