Bright, colorful, very clean, high ceiling, quiet backyard studio cottage w/private bathroom+shower, microwave, mini-fridge, Cal King bed, your own parking, & private entrance. Gorgeous residential street. A flat walk to wonderful restaurants, cafes, groceries, ice cream, froyo, and commuter train north and southbound. One block from the main park in town. Completely remodeled in early 2016.
This is an adorable cottage in our backyard in a beautiful, San Carlos neighborhood on a tree-lined street. We live in the main house.
Just minutes from Redwood Shores, Redwood City. A short drive to Stanford or San Mateo.
Sleeps 2 adults. But there's room for a pack-n-play (which we can provide) if you happen to have a baby. We love babies. Long ago, we were babies.
You'll have one large room and a private bathroom to yourself. The rest of the cottage consists of a storage room that is separated by a locked door, and a garage that we don't park in but might occasionally open to get tools and things.
The hosts have lived in San Carlos almost 20 years and love company.
Top reasons not to stay here:
1. No air conditioner. A few weeks each summer can get medium hot--in the 90s. But the room has a GREAT ceiling fan and a ventilation fan to make up for it. On summer nights, open the rear windows and turn on the vent to suck out the heat.
2. Too cute and colorful. Some people prefer dark and gloomy.
3. No TV. But there's wifi, so bring your laptop.
4. Enjoy cooking? Too bad. There's a mini-fridge, microwave, and Mr. Coffee. (And we supply coffee, mini moos, sugar, sweetener, & cups.)
Top reasons to stay here:
1. Separate living space. You'll be the only ones in the cottage. We live in the main house.
2. Freshly remodeled in early 2016: all new plumbing, electrical, paint, and furniture. We've put a lot of work into making this place wonderful.
3. Your own dedicated parking space in our driveway.
4. Comfy, California King-sized bed.
5. We keep it immaculately clean.
6. A short, pleasant walk to San Carlos' cute downtown, with lots of local restaurants, creameries, bars, and shopping.
Accès des voyageurs
The cottage faces our backyard. Feel free to enjoy the backyard.
You get exclusive use of our driveway for parking, so you'll never have to park several houses away or worry about bothering the neighbors.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
As much or as little as guests like. We love meeting travelers and enjoy conversation with them.
We are a family of five. Dad is a software engineer at Airbnb and Mom is a preschool teacher. We're often around (in the main house) and we'll help you ourselves, not send you to some property manager. We can check you in personally and answer any questions upon arrival, including some amazing walkable restaurants and the fantastic local froyo place.
If you want complete privacy, you can close the front curtains and leave the back curtains open. (The back faces a small grassy area and a fence.) You'll have lots of light.
We can provide a pack-n-play if you have a baby.
No smoking, pets, or illegal drugs on premises. No wild parties. Treat the place nicely.
Park in our driveway next to the white picket fence, not in front of our neighbors' houses. Be careful backing out of driveway--there are lots of kids in the area.
Use the main driveway gate (the car-sized one). Don't open the small side gate.
Respect neighbors' privacy.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 24 heures avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement intégral. En cas d'annulation au cours des 24 heures précédant le voyage, la première nuit n'est pas remboursable.
I'm a software developer from the San Francisco Bay Area. I work at Airbnb. My wife and kids and I love traveling together, especially when we get that occasional magical day that you remember for the rest of your life. One such day for us was on an RV trip to Banff. We stopped for the night in Polson, Montana, took our bikes off the RV, and rode until the sun went down. Then went back to the RV and had dinner and Ben & Jerry's ice cream while watching 4th of July fireworks from a nearby celebration. All of us remember that evening with a warm feeling.
À propos du logement
Quand vous voyagez avec Airbnb, vous séjournez chez quelqu'un.