À propos de ce logement
Ideal for EXPLORERS! Humble, cozy, retro, artsy house w kitchen/WIFI/great host-tour guide!/patio centrally located 1 hr to Gainesville/St. Augustine/Jax/Daytona. EPIC BIKE trails/historic homes. BIG parking. NO SMOKING/TV/PETS. Private bathroom/shower.
I WORK FROM HOME so you can leave by 10am & RETURN AFTER 5pm. The neighborhood bookstore has a pleasant Wifi Workspace with 2 cafes next door. Tour our River Town!
*If you're wanting to lounge in bed all day w/TV, try Best Western Palatka!
ME. I LOVE living in this area, and I'm passionate about it. I'm an artist and a lover of life. I'm fun to be with and all my guests have a good time if they are fun, too.
The house is a 'fixer-upper', nothing fancy at all, but a comfortable place large enough to stretch out and relax in.
Accès des voyageurs
Tons of parking, front and back patio, outdoors locked laundry room, living room, your own shower and bathroom located outside the kitchen, kitchen. ;)
Échanges avec les voyageurs
As much or as little as you want. I'm very text-friendly.
If you're a health-nut, ask me about a healthy breakfast and we can work something out for a small fee. Otherwise you'll be eating the traditional American breakfast at any of the restaurants here.
I'm weird about germs and smells and dirty things. Sorry. But you like to stay in clean places, right?
The inside bathtub is rusty, so the old owners poured grey paint in it. It's not pretty. It bugs me. But it's clean. I use it every night. If you need a bathtub versus a shower, just tell me.
I'm an EXCELLENT tour guide of this area and can recommend wonderful places to eat and things to do within an hour in every direction. I'm easy to reach by text, but if it's urgent PLEASE CALL ME. The only dumb question
is the one you didn't ask.
1. CHECK-IN: Bags can be dropped off as early as 5 pm. Earlier bag drop-off only upon approval. I work in my home till at least 5pm most days, sometimes till 7.
2. WIFI : WiFi code is on the fridge. Don't expect perfection because I have Comcast. (Need I say more?) Bring a laptop that you can hardwire into my modem if perfect connection is critical at night.
3. HOURS : I WORK FROM HOME SO YOU'LL NEED TO LEAVE the house by 10 a.m. and may return after 5pm. The neighborhood bookstore has a pleasant Wifi Workspace with 2 cafes next door. Lunch is served till 2.
***If you're wanting to lounge in bed all day and watch TV, I recommend BEST WESTERN INN OF PALATKA. They have a small pool, too.
Please observe 'quiet time' after 12 pm and before 8 am. This includes not using laundry facilities during quiet time.
4. FOOD: Feel free to put your food in the fridge. You can rearrange things so they fit, just like at your house. NO FOOD IN THE BEDROOM! Feel free to use the dining room table or back patio. Be very careful about crumbs or spills because Florida has very BiG BUGS and they are scary! Please use the trays if you carry your food out of the kitchen, even to the table. Helps keep my house clean and bug-free!
5: SMELLS : I'm a HIGHLY-sensitive healer-type person. I'm completely allergic to strong smells, especially chemicals, so you'll notice I try to have natural or organic products in my home.
Please DO NOT use HAIRSPRAY/COLOGNE/anything SMELLY before you come in or in my home. (You can do that in your car after you leave for the day. ) I'm allergic to chemicals and perfumes.
No SMELLY/CHEMICALS/PotPourri/CANDLES/INCENSE/WEED in the entire house, fish smells or non-natural candles - even if it's outside please. No candle lighting without my approval, for sure!
I can get a terrible headache from hugging someone with cologne or perfume on. And I will probably be forced to hug you because you are probably adorable.")
6. NO SMOKING : Guests may not smoke or 'vape' any substance in my home.
7. NO OTHER PEOPLE : Registered guests may not invite anyone into my home without making specific arrangements with me, in advance.
8. STUFF: Guests are responsible and liable for all of my possessions and belongings, inside and outside. If anything is broken or missing, PLEASE let me know IMMEDIATELY so I can do damage control. I will expect you to let me know and arrange for replacement or repair to my liking.
DIRTY STUFF: Please don't put ANYTHING DIRTY on the the furniture -including your butt if it's dirty or you are wearing dirty clothes. There's a hose on the carport for rinsing and an outdoor shower if you need it. Please don't drag anything dirty into the house.
NO KEY rings, CELL phones, wallets, laptops OR PURSES (which are usually super DIRTY & GERMY) on my COUCH or upholstered furniture. Your bureau, counters, comforter and hard surfaces IN YOUR BEDROOM are fine. I'd love for you to keep the top comforter as clean as you can. I keep things nice and clean, so make sure you treat it the same way. Thanks.
9. SAFETY: LEAVE YOUR CAR KEYS AT THE KITCHEN DOOR on the hook and feel free to set down your stuff on the counter inside the door please, in case we would have to move your car or mine in an emergency.
10. KITCHEN STUFF: I will be happy for guests to use my kitchen, but do expect it to be left as clean as it was when they entered it ( or cleaner ~I'm cool with that. ) I have many artistic or one-of-a-kind items. Please use everything very kindly. Many items do need to be hand-washed and cannot be put in the dishwasher, like knives, which dulls them.
And WHO, my friend, likes dull knives?
PLEASE do not use scratching items with nonstick pans or cookware. If you scratch it, you'll need to replace it by the cost it would cost me to replace it new. I provide plenty of wooden stirrers to use safely with all my cookware. Do not put any grease down the drain. Thanks!
Smelly/food garbage should be taken outside to the green dumpster.
11. SANITATION and BATHROOMS: Speaking of CLEAN, my rental house is old and retro-looking. Even if things look old, they are still as clean as I can get them! Your sheets and pillow cases have been washed in bleach. ;) Your patio guest bathroom has been sanitized prior to your arrival and a clean hand towel provided in your room, with other clean, sanitized towels.
My bathroom in the hallway is for my use only, or in an emergency situation. If you have an emergency, please sanitize it!!
12. COMFINESS: I may be in my pajamas or yoga pants. A LOT. I'll try to be modest but comfy is welcome here. Please bring slippers or flip flops to wear as you go in and outdoors. No street shoes in the house. ;)
13. DRUNKS: No guest may be in my home in an intoxicated state, unless you want to find another place to stay immediately. I'm happy to call you a cab to stay at a local motel. No drunks or any drugs of any kind. We've got good juju and angels that hang out here, so you'll have a great night's sleep. :)
Please call or text with any questions! Thanks so much! Aretha
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 5 jours avant votre voyage, vous recevez un remboursement intégral, frais de service compris.
Cet hôte a 3 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
I work from home and love hosting! My place is best for people coming in at night and leaving by 10 a.m. as I have clients during the day in the main space. I'm super helpful with information. The GuestBath is past the kitchen out the door on the patio. It has a newer, nicer shower. I don't have a TV. I'm happy to help with almost anything as long as you ask! This town is so small there is no Uber so byoTransportation!