Room with en suite PRIVATE BATHROOM in our smoke free, pet free home. Free off-street parking. Convenient East End location on bus line. A 5-10 minute walk to Bakery Square, G**gle, CMU & Chatham shuttle stops, bike rental station, & shopping.
• For liability reasons and also for the safety and security of our home and everyone in it, YOU MAY NOT AT ANY TIME BRING ANYONE INTO OUR HOME OTHER THAN THE GUESTS WHO ARE ACCOUNTED FOR AND PAID FOR IN YOUR RESERVATION AND WHOSE FULL LEGAL NAMES HAVE BEEN PROVIDED IN ADVANCE.
• Prior to or immediately upon booking, the booking Guest will provide us with the full legal names of ALL individuals who are included in the reservation.
• All adults included in the booking must be prepared to provide their unexpired US driver's license (or state-issued ID card, if they don't have a valid US driver's license) or a valid passport upon check in. We also request that you provide us with the name and phone number of an emergency contact.
• Per Airbnb's policies, third party bookings are not permitted. This means that the Guest whose account was used to make the reservation must be part of the traveling party and will remain in residence during the reserved period.
• Check in is to be scheduled in advance for a time between 4 PM and 10 PM. In order to coordinate our schedule to best accommodate the check in time that you request, at least 72 hours before the arrival date (or immediately upon booking if your stay will begin within the next 72 hours), you must contact us to schedule a more specific 1-hour time window to ensure someone will be available to meet you when you arrive for check-in.
• If you plan to arrive later than 10 PM, you must BEFORE BOOKING confirm with us whether we can accommodate the late check in request. Requests for a later arrival will be considered, but will be dependent on our schedule. Unless we agree IN ADVANCE to a later arrival time, you must arrive for check in by no later than 10 PM on the scheduled arrival date.
•ABSOLUTELY NO KEYS OR ACCESS WILL BE PROVIDED TO OTHERS IF THE GUEST WHOSE ACCOUNT WAS USED TO MAKE THE BOOKING IS NOT PRESENT FOR CHECK-IN.
• Check-out time is by no later than 11 AM, unless other arrangements have been agreed to and documented via the Airbnb system.
• If upon check out you fail to return all keys that were provided to you, you will be liable for a fee of $50 per lock for any keys which you failed to return. On departure, leave the key on the hook next to your door (the same place where it was hanging when you arrived).
• Make sure you fully close and lock our home’s front door upon departure, and also each time you enter or leave our home during your stay. This door is never to be propped open.
• You agree to maintain the room and bathroom in a reasonably neat and sanitary condition during your stay and leave it in a clean state upon departure, and to exercise care to avoid damaging our home or anything in it. Lisa will show you where cleaning supplies are stored (as you will be expected to use them to maintain your room if you are booking for a longer stay), and will inform of the trash and recycling collection schedule so you will know when to bring your items down for collection.
• If you encounter any problems at the house, please inform us promptly (by sending a message via Airbnb) so a solution can be worked out. Please don't wait until your departure date to let us know if something needs repaired or if we need to obtain a replacement for any of our items that you’ve lost or damaged. Even if the problem is something you feel isn't inconveniencing you, we still need to know ASAP so we can remedy it and have the room ready before our next guests arrive.
• Be courteous to others in the home; no unnecessary loud noise at any time. QUIET HOURS are 11 PM to 8 AM; please take care to avoid disturbing others' sleep if you are an early riser or stay up late, and especially when returning to the home late at night. Guests are not permitted to use the kitchen or dining room during these Quiet Hours, as those areas are adjacent to our home’s 1st floor bedrooms.
• Recycling is MANDATORY in the City of Pittsburgh. In the "House Manual" section of your Airbnb itinerary you will find the URL for the City of Pittsburgh recycling guidelines. If you would like to review the recycling guidelines before deciding whether you want to book with us, let us know and we'll ask Airbnb's customer service to send the URL/link to you. The Airbnb system will not allow me to directly share a URL or link with you before you book, but by booking our listing you are agreeing to, and are legally obligated to comply with, the City of Pittsburgh recycling policies.
• There are blue bins in the bedroom and kitchen for recyclables; do not put any non-recyclable items in the blue bins, and do not put any recyclables in trash cans in the bedroom, bathroom, or kitchen.
• Other than toilet paper and bodily wastes, no other items are to be placed in the toilet. Place all feminine hygiene products and their wrappings/applicators, and all diapers, in the bathroom’s covered trash can. Toilet paper is to be flushed, not put in the trash. Wipes, facial tissues, cotton balls or swabs, and other non-recyclable items can be placed in the bedroom or bathroom trash cans.
• You are not permitted to bring any type of kitchen appliances or other cooking devices into our home.
• In order to help prevent household pests and staining of our linens, the only foods permitted to be consumed in the bedroom are dry items (cookies, chips, crackers, or similar) and beverages such as water and other non-staining liquids. All other foods and beverages must be consumed in the dining room.
• If you stain our towels or bedding to the extent that we are unable to remove the stains using our usual laundry products and methods, you agree that you will be liable for and agree that you will pay to us the full replacement cost of the stained items.
• No dirty dinnerware or uncovered food/beverages are to be left in the kitchen or dining room, and guests who use those areas are to clean up promptly after themselves.
• All food waste, trash, and recyclables from your meals are to be placed in the kitchen trash can or recycling bin, as appropriate. Recyclable food containers must be rinsed to remove food remnants.
• Please turn down the electric baseboard heat or turn off air conditioning in your room while you'll be out, and turn off lights/fans/TV when not using them; if you forget to do so, you may return to find that we did it for you :-)
• During the heating season, NEVER place clothes, luggage, or other items near the wall where the electric baseboard heater is located as doing so would cause a fire hazard. For the same reason, if you have rented a room that includes use of a twin floor mattress do not place the twin mattress in the floor space between the bed and that wall.
• Except for hair care appliances, you are not permitted to bring into our home any heat-producing devices including but not limited to space heaters, electric blankets, electric mattress pads, heating pads, cooking or water heating devices, or your own iron. Hair care appliances are to be unplugged immediately after use.
• Use of our iron and ironing board can be arranged upon request, and they must be used in the dining room only and returned to their storage location as soon as you have finished using them. Ironing is to be done on the ironing board only, as ironing on any other surfaces could result in scorching, fire, or other damages.
• Windows are to remain closed during the winter months and any other time that the heat is in use (except that you may briefly open the bathroom window while showering, to allow steam from the shower to vent… but make sure that you close it afterwards). Also, do not open any bedroom window when you have the air conditioner turned on, and keep bedroom door closed while using the air conditioner.
• The basement is NOT a common area... it is our private space and is completely off limits to guests.
• Guests are not permitted to socialize in other guests' bedrooms.
• If we find that you or your traveling companion have entered the basement or any bedroom other than your own for any reason other than a bona fide emergency (i.e., a fire, medical emergency, or similar situation that involves potential serious property damage or risk to human life), or if you or your traveling companion create a disturbance at our home, you may at our discretion be required to immediately vacate our home.
• If any action by you or your traveling companion causes a situation that we feel warrants our requesting that you vacate our home, you agree to do so immediately upon our request, and you agree that we shall be authorized to on your behalf request that Airbnb immediately cancel the remainder of your reservation. When we contact Airbnb, we will notify them of why we required you to leave. If Airbnb agrees we were justified in our action, you agree that any future charges or refunds will be made solely under the same cancellation policy conditions that would have applied if you yourself had on that date cancelled the reservation, and your security deposit may be forfeited.
• By using our internet service and/or sharing the log in info with your traveling companion, you are agreeing to accept full legal responsibility for any internet activity that you or your traveling companion engage in while using the internet connection at the house. No torrenting, P2P (Peer-to-Peer) file sharing, or similar bandwidth extensive online activities are permitted. Harassing or illegal internet activities are strictly forbidden.
• We provide WiFi access only; guests are not permitted to attach any devices to the modem/router, nor are guests permitted to attempt to change any modem/router settings.
• We assume no responsibility for guests' belongings. Any guest who leaves valuables or personal items unattended in the house does so at his/her own risk. Please lock your door when you are not in your room.
• Our home is nonsmoking, including the porch/sidewalk/yard. We also do not permit vaping, e-cigarettes, or use of smokeless tobacco. THIS IS NOT NEGOTIABLE and any violation of this rule by you or your traveling companion may result in forfeiture of your security deposit and additional charges for the cost of cleaning up the smoke odor and/or any physical damages to the property. If you do smoke out on the parking area or public sidewalk, please respect our neighborhood by fully extinguishing and properly disposing of your cigarette butts. Please do not litter the ground with cigarette butts or empty cigarette packs.
• No pets are permitted on the property, not even temporarily.
• Lighting of bonfires, grills, fireworks, sparklers, candles, incense, oil lamps, tiki torches, mosquito coils, or similar items is NOT permitted in the house or anywhere on the property.
• Illegal activity of any kind is forbidden in the home or anywhere else on the property, including but not limited to illicit substance use, possession of illegal drugs or any controlled substance for which no one present has a valid prescription, and underage drinking.
• You are responsible for reimbursing the full replacement value of any furnishings or other household items damaged by the acts or omissions of you or your traveling companion, regardless of whether such action was intentional or not.
• If any action or omission by you or your traveling companion results in damage to the home or its mechanical systems, you are responsible for the full costs of the repairs, regardless of whether such action was intentional or not.
• You are fully responsible for your own behavior and actions. You are also responsible for the behavior and actions of your traveling companion while they are on the property, and for ensuring that they are fully informed of and abide by the House Rules and any additional conditions as specified in the listing or in our communications via the Airbnb messaging system.
• The booking Guest (or another adult who is part of the reservation, if the booking Guest is rendered incapable of doing so) is to notify us immediately of any occurrence on the property that involves an injury requiring medical attention that is sustained by the booking Guest or other traveling party members, or that in any way involves a call to 911 and/or is responded to by an ambulance, the Police, and/or the Fire Department, and at our request shall also for our records complete and sign a written statement to document the circumstances of the injury or occurrence.
• Any action that occurs on the property which results in the Police or other local authorities issuing any type of citation to Guest or other traveling party members may result in forfeiture of the entire security deposit and immediate cancellation of the remainder of Guest's reservation, and no refund shall be given for any unused nights.
• The booking Guest is fully responsible for any and all accidents, injuries, deaths, or property damages on our premises that occur either fully or partly as the direct or indirect result of use of any substance (i.e., alcohol, illicit substances, and/or any other substances that could cause mental or physical impairment) by the booking Guest or other traveling party members, regardless of whether the individual(s) involved used the substance on the premises or elsewhere. The booking Guest is also fully responsible for ensuring that anyone in their traveling party who consumes any alcohol while on the property does so in a responsible manner and is of legal drinking age (which is 21 in Pennsylvania). If any traveling party members engage in underage drinking while off the premises, the booking Guest is responsible for ensuring that the underage individual does not enter our property while under the influence of alcohol.
• The US Postal Service will not to deliver mail to our home unless it is addressed to one of the names listed on our mailbox, and will return to the sender all items addressed to anyone whose name isn’t listed on our mailbox. You will not have access to our mailbox. You are not permitted to list your name on our mailbox nor to use our address to open bank accounts, open any other type of accounts, file forms with your employer or any school or government agency, have packages delivered, or for any other purposes that would result in mail being sent to our address. If you need to receive mail during your stay, you can go to the local US Post Office branch on Broad Street (less than a 5 minute walk from our home) and speak with the staff there about renting a mailbox there, or you can go online to rent a mailbox at that location or at another city location that may be convenient to your workplace or school. If you are here as a student or faculty member at one of the local universities, you may be able to obtain a mailbox at that school’s mailroom (I know that CMU’s website says their mail services rents mailboxes to students/faculty who live off-campus).
• As the booking Guest, you are fully responsible for ensuring that all members of your traveling party are made aware of and abide by the House Rules, any conditions included in the listing, and any additional conditions specified in our communications on the Airbnb message thread. You are also fully responsible for the actions of and/or any damages that are directly or indirectly caused by the acts and/or omissions of yourself and/or by the acts and/or omissions of members of your traveling party. The booking Guest and other adults in the traveling party may be required to sign off on a printed copy of the House Rules when you check in.
• For the safety and security of the property, we reserve the right to install and utilize Arlo security cameras to monitor the hall/kitchen/exterior of our home. No cameras are in the guest rooms or in the bathrooms. By booking, you are acknowledging that you have been informed of and have consented to our use of security cameras in these common areas.
• Failure to comply with the House Rules, any conditions included in the listing, and any additional conditions specified in our communications on the Airbnb message thread may result in additional charges and possible forfeiture of your security deposit. If we discover the violation prior to the end of your reservation period, it may at our discretion also result in immediate cancellation of the remainder of your stay, and no refund shall be given for any unused nights.
• As per the terms of the AirBNB Host Guarantee, we are hereby informing the "Responsible Guest" (guest who booked the accommodation) that he/she has an express obligation to pay the host for damages or losses for any Covered Property caused by such Responsible Guest or Invitee. This obligation applies regardless of whether the cause of the damages or losses was intentional or accidental.
• None of the above statements in any way limit or restrict our rights to pursue legal action against any party whose intentional or unintentional actions we believe may have been the direct or indirect cause of any losses or damages to the property or household items.
• By completing a booking, you are agreeing to all the terms contained in these House Rules and in the rest of the property's Airbnb listing. If any of the above House Rules or any terms in the listing are found to be legally invalid, or to be contrary to the policies of Airbnb, this shall not in any way affect the validity of the remainder of the House Rules and listing terms.
Cet hôte a 423 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
Hi we're Azhar (but everyone calls me Lee) and Lisa. Lisa usually handles the bookings and other communications on our listings. Our listings include an entire dome home, 1 & 2 BR apartments, and Private Rooms (please note that if you're viewing one of our "Private Room" listings, most of those are for rooms in the home we live in, which is NOT the dome house... we only very rarely offer "Private Room" rentals in the dome home, as it is usually offered only as a whole house rental).
One of our listings, our Yaca-Dome, has been featured in Pittsburgh Magazine, and it may be the most unique Pittsburgh property that is offered on Airbnb. We call it "The Igloo" (take a look at the listing photos and you'll see why), and it's usually available only as a whole house rental. With 3 bedrooms, the home can accommodate up to 6 guests. The Igloo offers a relaxing, private setting while still being within the city limits and close to all the great amenities and attractions Pittsburgh has to offer.
The private apartments we offer are located on bus lines that provide easy access to Oakland and Downtown. There is also free on-street parking available.
While we occasionally offer private room rentals in the Yaca-Dome or in the 2 bedroom apartment, most of the private rooms we offer are at the home we live in. In our home, you can rent individual or multiple rooms (including one room with its own private en suite bathroom), depending on availability. Our home is conveniently located near all the amenities Pittsburgh's East End has to offer, and is less than a 10 minute walk to Bakery Square/G**gle. We are also located near a CMU and Chatham shuttle stops. And if you bring a car, plenty of free street parking and off-street parking is available.
Lee has already added numerous green features to our properties, such as an in-floor radiant heating system (in the 1st floor and basement of our home), changed all the lighting to LED & CFL bulbs, installed many low flow water fixtures, etc. We plan to use part of our Airbnb earnings to add more green features. Ultimately, a Net-Zero house is Lee's goal.
Thank you very much for considering us for your Pittsburgh stay,
Lee & Lisa