À propos de ce logement
Fynbos Feniks offers a luxurious self-catering cottage situated in the elegant Welgevonden Estate in Stellenbosch.
Located approximately 5 km from Stellenbosch centre and 35 km from Cape Town, this cottage provides the perfect relaxing getaway.
Accès des voyageurs
Walking distance from the Spar
Unfortunately we are not able to supply any meals or coffee, tea and milk. The kitchen is fully equipped and you are welcome to bring something along – or buy the necessary food and drinks at the SPAR at the entrance to Welgevonden Estate.
Tel : (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Email: (EMAIL HIDDEN)
Website: (URL HIDDEN)
address: Stone Square, Shop 5, Welgevonden
Weekdays: 7am – 8h30 pm (Summer)
Weekdays: 8am – 8pm (Winter)
Weekends: 8am – 8pm (Summer and Winter)
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We won't be available in person since we are living in Potchefstroom and also have a guest house - Anne's Place - in Potchefstroom.
But we are always available via the message centre, sms, email or telephone.
There is a landline in the house and guests may freely make use of it to contact me any time on +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
We do have a cleaner we are willing to come in and do cleaning and washing and guests are more than welcome to arrange that with me and I will forward her contact details or arrange that with her.
Top 10 reasons to visit the Cape Winelands
1. A Wine tasting tour should top your list. Begin by travelling the wine route where it all started in 1971, via the Spier, Delheim and Simonsig wine estates and the many others in between. Several estates offer unique food pairings with their range of wines.
2. Take a trip along the scenic Helshoogte pass from Stellenbosch to Franschhoek. Stop at the berry farm on the ridge to sample their farm fresh produce then visit the Pniël Moravian mission station before entering Franschhoek.
3. While in Franschhoek, take the wine tram to enjoy wine tasting and a superb lunch at one of the wine estates. Spend time walking through the pretty town to reach the interesting Huguenot memorial.
4. Join a tour on the Paarl historic walk that takes the visitor through the town’s streets lined with magnificent Cape-Dutch homes and churches. Hike up to Paarl Rock, a huge round granite structure that overlooks the town.
5. Stock up on dried fruit from the Wellington factory shop before travelling through the majestic Bain’s Kloof to reach the Tweede Tol resort. Find a shady spot under the trees to enjoy a picnic and a refreshing swim in the cool White River waters.
6. Saturday is Market Day, depending on where you are, you can visit the popular Slow Market or Root 44 Farmer’s Market in Stellenbosch, the Lazy Days Market in Paarl, the Franschhoek Village Market or the Lourensford Market in Somerset West.
7. A popular wine estate worth visiting is the Spice Route Destination where individual biltong (dried meat), chocolate, craft beer, wine and grappa tastings are on offer. Also on the farm is a glass blowing factory, an art gallery and two restaurants.
8. The proprietors of the Fairy Glen Private Game Reserve will collect you and supply a hearty breakfast before taking you on a 2-3 hour game drive. The reserve has the Big 5 – lion, rhino, leopard, elephant and buffalo – along with several other mammals. Lunch is offered followed by a relaxing afternoon around the pool and a return trip to your residence.
9. The Drakenstein Prison is where Nelson Mandela spent the last few years of confinement prior to his release in 1990. Ask your host to phone in advance for a viewing of the house he occupied while there. The large statue of a smiling Mandela outside the prison is a popular photo stop.
10. The renowned Cape Epic mountain bike stage race has been running for 12 years through the Cape Winelands (the routes change every year), be there to participate or to watch and possibly catch a glimpse of a famous personality. Ex-Formula 1 driver Alain Prost OBE is a regular participant.
Did you know?
As per an agreement with the EU, South African wine and spirits exporters must label their port products as Cape Pink, Tawny, Ruby, Red or Vintage and their champagnes as Méthode Cap Classique. The grappa and ouzo names may not be used either.
According to the International Organization of Vine and Wine (OIV) 2015 stats, South Africa was the ninth largest wine producer worldwide, producing a quarter of what the top countries, Italy and France, put out.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 5 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement intégral. En cas d'annulation au cours des 5 jours précédant le voyage, la première nuit est non remboursable, mais vous recevrez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % du coût des nuits restantes.
Cet hôte a 6 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
I am a Mathematics Lecturer, Accountant, Entrepreneur (owner of guest houses), Wife of an Accountant, Mother of six children and a Grandmother of beautiful little girl.
We have owned and managed two guesthouses since 2010 - Anne's Place in Potchefstroom and Fynbos Feniks in Stellenbosch.
I take great pride in providing a good service and making our guests feel comfortable and at home.
Another passion I have in life is teaching first year students at the NWU whom I lecture in Mathematics. I have a special inclination towards students, especially the Engineering students.