À propos de ce logement
*** PLEASE READ OUR HOUSE RULES BEFORE CONTACTING US!
If you do not read our House Rules, you will be DECLINED! Thank You.
*** We specialize in long-term rentals of 30 days or more. But let us know what your needs are. Airbnb requires nightly price. Please note we offer discounts off monthly stays. Just ask.
Queen Bed in Quiet, Clean HISTORIC HOLISTIC RETREAT
Downtown 1950s architecture garden duplex
Close to Las Vegas Strip and Convention Center.
WORLDS away in vibe.
*** PLEASE READ THE HOUSE RULES FIRST :-)
If you do not read our House Rules, you will be DECLINED!
*** We specialize in long-term rentals of 30 days or more. But please let us know what your unique time needs are.
This house received the LAS VEGAS MAYOR'S URBAN DESIGN AWARD!!! Stay at the M.U.D.A. House!!! We are a raw food chef and nutritionist who are pleased to share private rooms in our large central home to month stay or longer term visitors to Las Vegas. Please tell us what your unique needs are.
We have several different options available depending on your budget.
From a private room and shared bath all the way to whole house rental. See what we currently have available here:
THIS LISTING IS FOR A Private Bedroom and private bath in a 2 bedroom HISTORIC CORE Downtown Las Vegas 1950s architecture garden duplex. Close to the Las Vegas Strip and the Las Vegas Convention Center. WORLDS away in vibe.
WELCOME to our urban homestead... holistic health oriented, peaceful, relaxing, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw food Foodists, Organic Gardeners, Eco-Friendly, slow food, yoga, massage table, meditation, sober travel, 12 step, AA recovery, architectural preservation, artists, actors, writers, dancers, musicians, performers, stage and ALL creative and healthy living folks visiting Las Vegas or downtown LasVegas, Las Vegas Convention Center, Zappos, Downtown Project, the Las Vegas Strip. We also try our best to accommodate guests with allergies or multiple chemical sensitivity MCS.
Accès des voyageurs
• Secure High Speed Wireless Internet
• All indoor and outdoor living urban farm garden areas.
• Central Air Conditioning and Heat
• 1 bath with shower over tub
• Linens provided
• Vegetarian/vegan kitchen with cookware, dishes and utensils provided
• Gas range (no microwave)
• Coffee Maker
• VITAMIX Professional Blender + Fruit and Vegetable Juicer
• Flat panel TV with Cable and DVD player
• Outdoor firepit
• Places to do YOGA (mats provided)
• PING PONG TABLE!
• Washer and Dryer with Eco-safe detergents
• No Carpet. Tile Floors Throughout
• Blackout Drapes
• Free Street Parking always available out front. Off street parking may be available depending on our occupancy.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We live and work on site (house next door). So we may see each other coming and going now and then. We interact only as much as a guest desires: frequently or not.
We usually only host 1 guest at a time - so the bath is usually NOT shared and you have loads of privacy. However, IF the other room is occupied, you WILL share the bathroom.
1) Need a Recovery Coach or Health Coach to support you? Let us help you with addictive behaviors (alcoholic, drug, opiate, workaholic, sugar, depression, anxiety, cravings, pain, insomnia, and more…) through diet assessment and/or practical customized nutritional advice while grocery shopping and/or herbal shopping? For a nominal fee, we can provide that Expertise!
2) DISCOVER VINTAGE VEGAS! Your hostess wrote the seminal architecture tour guide, Mondo Vegas - Touring Mid Century Modern Las Vegas! (We also have lots of guide books, magazines and maps and loads of info on visiting Los Angeles and Southern California in general.) We have provided multiple tours for both private groups and for the Neon Museum, World Market Center, Cultural Heritage Commission and Visitors and Convention Center Bureau. We can offer YOU customized "insider" tour guide services if you are interested in seeing a bit of old school vintage historic Las Vegas.
COMMON FAQ ANSWERS
• This is an URBAN environment, blocks from a major intersection, but this is a quiet street. Due to the excessive summer heat - no one takes care of their yards. Expect bad landscaping off strip.
• Guests come and go 24/7 (no curfews). But be respectful of standard quiet hours.
• Check-In at 3 pm.
YES, it's okay to drop your bags off earlier.
YES, we can usually accommodate late night check-ins.
• Check-Out is 12 noon.
YES, it's okay to leave bags at the house for rest of the day.
• Early Check-In OR late Check-Out is possible depending on availability.
• Discounts for guest(s) staying 1+month stays, repeat (returning) guests, military, veterans (THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!). Please ask.
We look forward to making your next stay in Las Vegas memorable and happy!
NEW TO AIRBNB?
This is NOT a "Hotel Room." There is no room service or maid service. (You may pay for an in-between cleaning if you like.) You are expected to clean up after yourself and keep the house neat and clean during your entire stay. THIS IS A Private “ROOM” rental. Like a Bed and Breakfast... without breakfast. Or an old fashioned "Rooming House" or "Boarding House." Your room is YOUR personal private space. The rest of the house (Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room and Bathroom) is a Common Area. You may or may not be sharing a bath depending on our occupancy. We do our best to let you know ahead of time if we get another booking for the adjacent room and if the bath will be shared.
WholeWay Home aims to be GMO FREE, CHEMICAL-FREE & MOLD-FREE. We do not have a microwave. We do not use any pesticides on property. Our garden is veganic. We use Organic earth-friendly cleaning products, 100% Cotton towels and sheets, HEPA vacuum, Air filters, Low-flush toilets and Adjustable Low Flow Shower Heads. We use Planet soap. Per their website they are: "Hypo-Allergenic, Certified 100% Biodegradable, Unscented And Uncolored, Packaged In Recycled Content Containers, Non-Toxic, Safe For Septic Systems, Phosphate Free, Free of Nonylphenol Ethoxylates (NPEs)" + Borax on our linens. No softeners or anything else.
temporary, corporate, stays, housing, executive, short term, non casino, stay, long term, living, supportive, educational environment, home, sober living, sobriety, aa, 12 step, 12 steps, rehab, program, treatment, facility, b&b, bed and breakfast, without the breakfast, snacks, house, LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, U.S. Green Building Council, green, amenities, historic, preservation, vintage, architecture, Eichler, restoration, recycle, organic, sanctuary, spiritual, success, single story, Mid Century Modern, midmod, mid-mod, furnished, apartment, condo, high-rise, zappos, downtown, downtown project, convention center, the strip, private yard, garden, relocation, relocating, central, safe, place, location, family, friendly, Gay. lesbian, neighborhood, Huntridge, Theater, District, Urban, eclectic Historic Downtown, longer-term, vacations, adventurers, business, professional, academics, vintage, touring, tourist, tips, paleo, diet, westin price, nutribullet, superfood, Living Light, Tree of Life, Raw Spirit, Longevity Now, Raw Living Expo, Gabriel Cousens, David Wolfe, Green Smoothie Girl, Health Force, Nutrition, veganic, green living, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Rat Pack, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Cosmopolitan Hotel, SLS vibe, world market center, las vegas design center, magic show, LGBT, pension, pensione, penzione, lodging, boarding house, rooming house
Our former vacation rental by owner property called "The Caddyshack" was voted the BEST Vintage Vegas rental in the city! Now at WholeWay Home we offer every amenity we can think of to have a winning stay in Classic Vintage Las Vegas style!
1) HAVE A RECENT and CLEAR FACE PHOTO.
2) HAVE A DETAILED DESCRIPTION PARAGRAPH ABOUT WHO YOU ARE IN YOUR PROFILE. You know all about us... We would like to know who will be staying in our home. So describe who you are and what do you like to do.
3) THIS IS A STRICT VEGETARIAN HOME. What you eat off-site is your business. But NO animal flesh OR LEFTOVERS (cows, chickens or fish) when you come back to our house. Milk, eggs and cheese are FINE.
4) THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE. IF you plan to be drinking and partying in Vegas – this is NOT the house for you, please move along. ANY guest who comes home inebriated WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE the following day. A glass of wine or beer is just fine – but not a 5th of Whiskey.
5) NO recreational pharmaceuticals.
6) NO pets.
7) NO visitors. NO guests.
8) Guest is responsible for doing their own dishes and cleaning up after themselves IMMEDIATELY. No dirty dishes left in the sink or on counters. In order to keep the bathroom neat and tidy, we request that you keep your toiletries in your room. We provide a bath basket.
9) This property as a GMO-FREE and ALLERGEN-FREE home. Guests are asked to NOT bring any artificially flavored, colored, heavy fake fragrance or other potential allergens into the home. You will be asked to put them away. We care about you ~ and you deserve better than that! Read labels and keep it real folks! :-) We often have product samples from the Natural Products Expo.
10) These rules are general guidelines. Guests are expected to be polite and respectful and use their common sense and adhere to the Golden Rule.
11) Most Important: Remember you are staying in our personal private home, NOT an anonymous hotel room.
12) IF YOU WANT TO STAY WITH US – PLEASE PUT the secret word PEEWEE in your note - so we will know that you actually read these rules :-) We decline ALL inquiries that do not have the secret word. But you have made it this far - so welcome home!!!
You'd be surprised how many people don't read these rules! But you are a smart and courteous person, and so we look forward to meeting you...
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % et les frais de service vous sont remboursés intégralement.
Cet hôte a 70 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
We are Mary-Margaret and Cary Stratton, but you can call us Anand and Chef Mason! When Cary graduated culinary school, he took on the moniker, Raw Chef Mason Green (to end the confusion of his name… are you Gary, Karrie? Carrie? Corey?). Mary-Margaret has used the pen name, Anand, since the 1990s and now most of her friends use it as her nick-name.
We love to travel and to host fellow eco-oriented travelers. We run a 'Conscious Eating' Meetup with over 500 people interested in healthy fun things to do in Las Vegas: raw vegan potlucks, yoga, farmer's markets, gardens, 12 step meetings, hikes, spas, gourmet vegetarian restaurants and much more...
Some of our favorite things to do when traveling are finding local grown food and unique gourmet markets with vegetarian foods, visiting great architecture of any era, hikes to waterfalls and seeing large formal gardens (ala Buschart, Filoli, Longwood, etc.). We also like to find fresh water drinking springs and wild hot springs for soaking.
We were both born in Los Angeles where we became Mid Century Modern architecture fans. Anand started a seminal historic preservation website called LottaLiving and was once a tour captain at the famous Charles and Ray Eames House. We restored a 1964 Eichler Home in L.A. that was designed by A Quincy Jones and Emmons that was in movies and TV and eventually became a historic L.A. landmark! We have since restored several homes in Las Vegas, including Palmer & Krisel and Jones & Emmons homes.
Professionally speaking, Anand is a Creative Director and User Experience Architect. She is a Certified Raw Food Nutritionist and is an ordained Essene. Mason graduated from Living Light Culinary Institute. He is a former Sound Professional (with credits on movies like Titanic and The Big Lebowski!). And guests can hear him play Live Jazz drums every week in Downtown Las Vegas.
We look forward to being your hosts for your fun and healthy home away from home.