Best location in Brooklyn! Gigantic private lovely room in huge loft in DUMBO. Just 1 subway stop to Manhattan, in heart of Brooklyn's most popular tourist destination. One block from waterfront park, most famous sunset spot in NY. Exceptionally big and private -- loft is so big we rarely see each other. You have plenty of room to stretch out. Newly renovated. Funky designer decor. Sunny skylight. Queen memory foam bed. A true New York loft like you've seen in movies. 5-star Superhost.
Room is 295 sq.ft / 28 sq.m, much bigger than most NYC bedrooms. In gigantic loft, with separate private spaces off long hallway. (Note, renting entire apt on AirBnB in NY is illegal.) Super close to subway, just 1 stop from Manhattan on F or A/C . Citibike rental on corner. Gorgeous Brooklyn Bridge Park only 1 block away. Best sunset spot in NY, with carousel, fantastic for picnic, long walk along river, or a run.
Queen latex mattress with memory foam pillows, super comfy. Your own private working/eating area inside room. Luxury rain shower with two shower heads. Very bright and sunny. Big skylight instead of window, opens for fresh air. Elevator. Washer/ Dryer, hairdryer, iron, clothes steamer.
Legend has it Sonic Youth started out rehearsing in this loft. Before Dumbo became the most luxury neighborhood in Brooklyn, it used to be a neighborhood of artists, and this loft is part of that history. There's a Jay-Z lyric that goes "I could've bought a place in Dumbo before it was Dumbo." I've lived here since then and have put a lot of work and love into the loft, and will be happy to welcome you in my home.
Accès des voyageurs
Access to kitchen for water or making tea/coffee only.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Often we only see each other during check-in. But feel free to ask me questions. I've lived in NY (and in this loft) for over 20 years, so can offer tips about cultural scene, fun activities and great places to find cheap food from every part of the world.
You can always leave bags after check-out time or drop them off early.
Late night check-in possible.
Please fill out your profile with a couple of sentences and pic prior to making request. We are welcoming you in our home, so we want to know a bit about you.
Please read description and rules. We want you to have a great experience.
- No street shoes in house. We have slippers for you.
- No additional unbooked guests.
- No roof access
- Kitchen access for water & making tea/coffee only. No cooking or hanging out. Feel free to eat at big table in your room. We give you list of neighborhood restaurants.
- Bathroom is shared. Enjoy your shower, of course, but there's mirror in your room for hair & make-up.
- Please be considerate, keep music and loud sounds inside your room.
- Unlike many AirBnB rentals, we don't charge cleaning fee. Please help us keep common area clean and leave your room tidy when you check out (we clean it after you leave, of course, but just leave it tidy.)
- Really this is pretty basic stuff = we respect you and you respect us. Be nice :)