A wonderfully unique and traditional Edinburgh tenement building in a sought after part of town. There are views up to the Crags and a Narnia style secret entrance to Holyrood Park. Milton Street isn't an off the self experience but an authentic, eclectic, home with oodles of personality. Free parking, Wifi & great transport links.
The first thing my guests say on arrival is, "wow, it's much bigger than the pictures!"
The flat is central enough to have all the major tourist hot spots on the doorstep but also a quiet cul-de-sac in a bohemian part of town, home to many of the cities artistic community.
There is free on street parking.
The flat is on the third floor.
Holyrood park is our back garden and boasts some of the most spectacular views around, with a hidden "Narnia" style entrance to the park behind us.
Help yourself to porridge, tea and coffee and milk in the fridge. There's also a selection of jam and butter so you don't have to worry about bringing that with you or buying it on arrival.
There are lovely wooden floors throughout the flat, a charming window seat which is the perfect spot for relaxing and having your morning cuppa. There is also a fab social kitchen/ dining space where you can cook and socialise. You can help yourself to all the kitchen utensils and cutlery, this is a home so you will find everything you will need. The flat is on the corner so there is lots of light and it gets the sun all day round.
Please note - I'm perfectly happy to host 6 people (its a great way to keep costs down) and the rooms are a good size but do note there is one bathroom. The dinining room table seats six but tge sofa does not - however there is plenty of seating throughout the flat.
There're some lovely artwork on the walls, I was once a student @ Edinburgh College of Art and like to collect!
If you are a couple and only want one room then standard rates apply, you are not charged anything for the fact there are another two rooms available.
I have a professional cleaner who takes great pride in keeping the flat perfect for your arrival.
I love hosting guests from all over the world and will do my upmost to ensure you have a wonderful stay.
Accès des voyageurs
This is a “entire flat" listing, guests are given their own set of keys and can come and go as they please.
As you would expect, crisp fresh linen, bath and hand towels are provided for guests. In addition, local information / literature, and a selection of books are provided for your perusal. There is also a selection of essentials for your use including a hairdryer, shampoo and umbrellas so you don't have to worry about brining all that stuff with you!
Use the kitchen as you wish - it is well stocked with everything you could need to cook with.
It's your Home from Home for the length of your stay. There's a communal area, with a TV and a large dining table to seat 6.
All guests have access to:
Newly fitted kitchen (gas oven, washing machine, huge fridge!)
Dining area/ living room with large dining table, TV, seating area and window seat with views of the Crags
Bathroom & brand new Shower!
x 1 or x2 or x3 double bedrooms depending on how many your group is.
There is free on street parking.
There is free wifi and a TV for your use.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
1.) Prior to your arrival: I will be in contact to provide check in details and any information you require before your stay (e.g. directions and local amenities). In addition, I have created a very thorough Airbnb "guidebook" so do have a look, there's so much to explore right on our doorstep and should help you plan your stay in Edinburgh. If you need any help with specific information prior to your arrival, please just ask. I am happy to help wherever I can.
2) There is a key safe on location which means you can check in anytime after 5pm - even if it's late at night. It is simple to use and I will send careful instructions. Inside the flat you will find an extremely detailed guide to all local amenities, directions and things to do. If you would like an earlier check in please just ask and I will do my best to accommodate your requirements, similarly if you would like me to meet you on the premises please just let me know.
3) During your stay: Feel free to contact me by text if you require information/advice or assistance with any problem. I live locally so can be on hand quickly in an emergency.
4) Check out is 11am.
5) After your stay: There is a little guest book which you will find in the apartment, I'd love it if you could leave me a little note of things you enjoyed in Edinburgh, it's a nice thing for guests to peruse and often guests find new gems that I am yet to explore myself! Of course it makes it all worthwhile when guests leave great reviews online and it helps to tell others why they should chose to stay at Milton Street.
If you are looking for a bargain, GROUPON has daily deals on eating out, shopping and things to do in Edinburgh (online)
For a what's on in Edinburgh- check out, THE LIST (online)
My favs: Hemma (bite to eat & a drink), Joseph Pearce's (great place for a causual drink), Panda & Sons (fancy cocktails) Henderson's (amazing veggie place) Boda Bar (relaxed ecclectic bar) Bramble (fancy cocktails) Safari (round the corner bite to eat/ drink) Red Kite (breakfast/ brunch & round the corner)
- Please treat the home as you would your own.
- Please respect the neighbours, and do not make significant noise or play loud music after 10pm.
- No parties
- If guests lock themselves out of the property OR they do not place keys in the lockbox at checkout, a £50 fee will apply. If a guest loses a set of keys during their stay, an £80 fee will apply.
À partir du 22 décembre 2017 - 3 janvier 2018, la durée minimum de séjour est de 3 nuits.
I am an artist and designer from Edinburgh. I love living in this beautiful and inspiring city. I enjoy running and we are not short of routes at Milton street. If you are that way inclined, bring your trainers. The Queens park and Arthur's seat is our back garden, a wonderful spot for a picnic, a game of frisbee or indeed a run! The main photo here was taken with my best friend as we climbed up Arthur's Seat to catch the sunset last summer. A must do while you are in Edinburgh, you can just see the Crags from our front room. On a Sunday morning I wander up the Royal Mile, there are a plethora of great eating spots around, the Fruit Market gallery is another favourite, again in walking distance from the flat. We are so lucky to have some of Edinburgh's most famous land marks right on our doorstep... Holyrood palace is just around the corner so we have a rather regal neighbour! The flat that I am renting is homely and eclectic and has a lovely warm feel to it. I used to live here but have just moved in with my partner so this place is all yours. I am around to help answer questions & help yourself to all the goodies in the cupboard. Clare x