À propos de ce logement
Cozy room in an old wooden house with separate toilet and shower for the guest's sole use . Please read the complete description and the houserules so that you know what's expecting you - there are some special features that may not appeal to everyone. Those who embrace an unusual lodging - be welcome, we are looking forward to meeting you!
Cosy, simple room in an old wooden house, right on the bicycle route around Lake Constance .
Due to the proximity to the ferry to Friedrichshafen it is also an ideal accomodation for visitors/participants of the Friedrichshafen Fair.
1 or 2 beds can be pushed together for a double bed, and 1-2 airbeds.
The entrance of the house looks like a large barn door, then it is a few steps up to our apartment door. On the ground floor there's your toilet which will be used by you only. There's also a small sink with running cold water (no hot water!) One floor up and you reach the kitchen which you will share with us, and your shower (also used solely by you). There is no sink in the shower room, but you are welcome to use the one in the kitchen. Up another flight of stairs and you are in our meeting room. Turn left, the door that looks like something out of "Lord of the Rings" leads to your room. Next to the meeting room is the living room and from there you can get out on the balcony . A narrow stair leads to the rooftop terrace which is equipped with a grill, chairs, table and sunbeds at your disposal. Weather permitting , this is the ideal place to end the day with a glass of wine .
About your room: it is about 15 m2, with a sloping seiling. It has 3 windows, one of which goes out to the church. As is common in the countryside, the church clock strikes on the half and full hour, also at 6 am and 8 pm the bells ring for 5 minutes. For this reason earplugs are available on request.
The beds are equipped with a slatted frame and an orthopedic mattress (Bico), pillows and a lightweight duvet. Extra blankets are at your disposal if required.
There's a small table with 2 chairs, a shelf and a small sideboard that can be folded out to make a full-size table. Bath towels are also provided and if you need beach towels for swimming in the lake, let me know.
On the kitchen floor there are other rooms of our family, as well as on the top floor, there are our bedrooms, bathroom and toilet.
The house is about 100 years old and made of wood, so there is no sound insulation - you will hear the stairs creak, the beams crack, the flushing of the toile and people walking around. During school weeks we are up at around 6 a.m., Monday - Saturday. We shower, make breakfast, use the coffee maker. Of course we try to avoid unnecessary noise, but chances are that you will hear us.
Since the windows in the guest rooms are level with the floor, we do not host families with small children - babies who are not yet crawling and children from the age of 10 years are of course welcome!
Accès des voyageurs
Toilet and shower according to the above description (sole use for guests) Room, shower and toilet are all on different floors.
Kitchen, balcony and roof terrace are at guests' disposal, but they are also widely used by us, furnishings and equipment can therefore differ from the pictures.
If you wish, you and your party can sit down at the big table in the meeting room for meals, provided the table in not used by us. This space, however, is not a specific guest area, it is one of our workrooms. Books and teaching materials are my tools and may not be changed or removed from the shelves. Depending on the project I'm working on, there may be machines, wood, metal glass on the side tables or on the floor. Again, please do not touch.
The access to the balcony and rooftop terrace is through our living room. The living room itself is private and cannot be used by our guests. Please be extra careful on the outside stairs, they are slippery in wet weather. Please do not leave children unattended on the balcony or the rooftop terrace.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome.
- The house has poor sound insulation and we have downstairs neighbours, therefore we ask for considerate behavior and to avoid noise 10 p.m. - 6 a.m.
- Please take off your shoes in the entrance area
- Male guests: please sit down when you use the toilet (this is not a joke, but due to the wooden floor that retains the stench of urine)
- Female guests: please place your sanitary napkins and tampons in the blue bags provided and then in the bin. Do not throw anything in the toilet
- The whole apartment is a non smoking zone. On the rooftop terrace you will find an ashtray for your use.
-Due to fire hazard burning candles and incense sticks are not allowed.
- There is no access whatsoever to our private rooms.
- We ask for a moderate use of alcohol and cannabis. Zero tolerance for other drugs and drunkenness.
- If you would like to store bags/suitcases or any other personal belongings outside your room or your shower room (with the exception of your shoes at the entrance) please talk to me first.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Since I often work from home, I am happy to provide any information you might need about the area, sightseeing, landmarks, travel information etc. Feel free to contact me prior to your arrival if you'd like any information beforehand.
We're right on the cycling route around Lake Constance and thus an ideal overnight accommodation for cyclists.
We are only 200 meters from the lake, Salmsach Bay is very beautiful for walks (Nature reserve). For swimming I can point out some lovely spots in and around Romanshorn.
As you may have seen in the list of amenities, there is no tv.
We speak English.
Nous parlons français.
If you send me a request, I take it that you have read the description of our somewhat special place, as well as the house rules and I assume that you are fine with them. Should you have any questions, concerns, special requirements (late arrival, early departure, etc) I'll be very happy to discuss those prior to your booking.
- Wohlerzogene Hunde sind willkommen.
- Das Haus ist sehr hellhörig und wird noch von anderen Parteien bewohnt, deshalb bitten wir um rücksichtsvolles Verhalten und Vermeidung von Lärm zwischen 22 und 6 Uhr.
- Schuhe bitte im Eingangsbereich ausziehen.
- Ich bitte unsere männlichen Gäste, sich auf der Toilette hinzusetzen..
- Ich bitte unsere weiblichen Gäste, Hygieneartikel auf keinen Fall in die Toilette zu werfen , sondern in den dafür vorgesehenen Beuteln zu entsorgen.
- Die ganze Wohnung ist Nichtraucherzone. Auf dem Balkon oder der Dachterrasse darf geraucht werden
- Vom Abbrennen von Kerzen, Räucherstäbchen etc. ist wegen Brandgefahr abzusehen
- Die von unserer Familie bewohnten Räume dürfen nicht betreten werden.
- Wir bitten um einen massvollen Umgang mit Alkohol und Hanf. Für andere Drogen, Trunkenheit und andere Rauschzustände gilt zero tolerance.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 24 heures avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement intégral, frais de service compris.
Cet hôte a 1 commentaire pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
HI, my name's Meret, I'm a language teacher and learning coach. Language, communication, interaction are not only my job, but my passion. I very much enjoy interacting with my guests (if they so wish) and I 'm happy to help with any information you need. I have travelled extensively before I started a family and my own business so I'm naturally interested in cultures and traditions outside my (admittedly beautiful) home country. Holistic medicine, reading, crafts and DIY are other areas of interest. I'm looking forward to welcoming guests from all over the world.