Walk up the steps to your lanai w view of pool & private entrance to a 580 sq.ft. Studio, furnished w a king bed, elephant bamboo furniture, dining table, leather love seat, chair & ottoman, breakfast bar, 2 fans *No a/c avail **Owners on property
Walk up a few steps to your private entrance to a large, spacious, airy, 580 sq.ft. Studio, furnished with a king bed flanked by elephant bamboo side tables, bamboo flooring, elephant bamboo armoire that holds a tv, a bistro sized table, leather love seat and chair with ottoman centered by a warm comfortable rug, breakfast table, and elegantly beautiful Hawaiian themed artwork on the walls and a cooling ceiling fan and trade winds.
The large bathroom/kitchen holds a granite breakfast bar with a small fridge/freezer, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, induction hot plate, pot, plates, cups, utensils, and a stainless steel large sink.
Put your luggage, clothes and goods away in the spacious walk in closet.
The small lanai has an outdoor loveseat and side table to rest on, overlooking the pool area and the owner's eclectic surfboard fence.
There are lots linens, bath and beach towels available.
The Studio is on the second floor of the owner-occupied main house. The owners has one friendly black-lab mix dog who is 11 years old that reside poolside by the main house. The dog is gated in the pool patio area and is not allowed to access the guest house grounds.
The Studio has windows covering two walls and sliding doors along the third wall which allows the trade winds to flow through, cooling the unit. It is a quiet neighborhood, and due to the openness of the Studio sound can travel easily in and out of it. You can close the windows and doors to keep your privacy.
We are family friendly; the Studio is perfect for quiet couples. Unfortunately, this Studio is not recommended for honeymooners, guests who need ambient noise, like tv or music, to sleep, or families with noisy children!
The property is located about 2-3 miles from the three 'Best Beaches' in the world, Kailua, Lanikai, and Waimanalo Beaches. Kailua is famous for its water sports and we have lots of toys to help you stay in the water. Beach chairs and a cooler are available for your enjoyment. You can also rent equipment like surfboards, kayaks, windsurfers, masks and snorkels, and kitesurfing, or take group or private lessons in these sports. Let us know how we can make your vacation the best ever!
Accès des voyageurs
Guests have access to the large pool. The 2 dogs are housed in the patio area, but the pool fence keep them out of the pool area.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
The owners live on the same property in the main house. Everyone has complete privacy in their unit, but if you need any help with anything we are available to assist.
*No air conditioner in this unit.
**Studio is located on second floor, an easy gradual slope of stairs sided by gardenia bushes.
***This unit has been listed since 2014. You can check out its reviews on that other website that shall not be named...look for 512576.
· Respect quiet time after 9 pm at night and before 8 am in the morning everyday. No "noisy honeymooners," screaming babies, or overnight ambient noises, e.g. TV, music.
· Conserve energy by turning off all indoor & outdoor lights and electrical appliances, including fans, when leaving the house or when not needed.
· Keep all gates on the property closed & locked, unless instructed otherwise. By law, the pool gates must be closed at all times.
· You will be provided two keys for the unit, please leave one key in the lock box at all times.
· The property has motion-detector lights for your convenience and safety for early or late outings.
· Bugs are big and plentiful in Hawaii. Don’t give them a reason to enter the house; keep the screen doors closed, place trash in outside bin often, keep the kitchen and sink clean by throwing food away or packing them into air-tight containers and into the refrigerator as much as possible.
· Take out your trash and throw into the large grey garbage bins in the front of the house as needed. Trash is collected by the City on Tuesday and Friday mornings. Please use trash bag liners provided.
· Put only appropriate food down the garbage disposal. Inappropriate use of sinks & garbage disposal resulting in service/maintenance will result in an additional charge.
· Do not dispose of items down the toilets, e.g. sanitary napkins, paper towels. Inappropriate use of toilets & baths resulting in service/maintenance will result in an additional charge.
· We appreciate Recycling glass, plastic bottles and newspapers by separating them from your garbage.
· Use cutting board and not the countertops for cutting.
· No metal in the microwave; only glass, ceramic, or paper.
· Wash sand off your feet before entering the house or the pool. The hose is at the front of the main house or you can use the pool’s outdoor shower.
· Leave your shoes and slippers off while in the house (local Hawaiian custom).
· Keep the floors dry, e.g. pick up wet towels and wipe up spilled water/liquids, as liquids will warp the wood.
· Do a full load of laundry when using the washer/dryer, but please do not overfill the washer. Please shake off excessive sand from clothes before placing them in the washer/dryer. Overfilling or excess sand resulting in service/maintenance of the washer/dryer will result in an additional charge.
· Beach/pool towels have been provided for your use and more towels are available poolside. Please do not take the regular bathroom towels to the beach.
· An initial amount of basic supplies, e.g. kitchen soap & scrubber, trash bags, toilet paper, shampoo/conditioner, bath soap, are provided for your convenience. Any additional supplies you may need are your responsibility.
· Street parking is available. Try to park directly in front of the property as much as possible and please do not block the mailbox. Please park 5 feet away from all driveways.
· No pets allowed.
· Wireless internet connection is available for your use. The network and password is provided in the unit’s welcome book. Computer is not provided.
· Pool services occur every Wednesday.
· Yard services occur twice a month on Saturdays.
· Responsibility: You are responsible for all items inside and outside of the house. If there are damaged or missing items when you depart, the cost of repair or replacement will be deducted from your security deposit. Do not move major furniture around as we may have to hire someone to move the furniture back to its original location, the cost of which will be deducted from your security deposit. Please report any damages as soon as possible so that they can be professionally repaired.
· Burglary/Robbery: The property is located in a very safe neighborhood and city. However, please use caution and common sense wherever you travel. Keep valuable items with you at all times. Lock up when you leave the house, and do not leave any valuables unattended on the beach, in your rental car (including the trunk of your car), or in publicly accessible areas. The most known areas for theft are at Pearl Harbor, the North Shore, and the West Side, although theft can occur anywhere on the island. If anyone asks you if you are a visitor, even at the house, tell them that you live here and walk away. The owners are not responsible for lost valuables due to negligence or theft.
Cet hôte a 7 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
Arlene was born and raised on the island of Oahu. Josh was born in Central Coast, California, and moved to Hawaii in 1989. Both are avid watermen, who surf, windsurf, stand up paddle, kitesurf, and bodyboard, a favorite past time with their 8 year old son, Adam. They live in the main house on the bottom floor with their 2 black lab/chow mix dogs and 2 orange tabby cats, and is available anytime you need assistance.