Your chance to experience the real Territory life in your own bushland, the way you want to. You are the only guests during your stay apart from the resident buffaloes and visiting wildlife!
***TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF YOUR BOOKING***
This is an agreement between the enquirer and owners of Berry Creek Bush Retreat. By paying the rental amount in full the enquirer agrees to the following terms and conditions regarding their booking/stay at Berry Creek Bush Retreat.
Note: Variances can be agreed but only by arrangement with the owner via acknowledged email.
Check-in time is 2pm unless otherwise advised to the owner prior to occupancy.
Check-out time is 10am unless otherwise advised to the owner prior to occupancy, to allow time to prepare property for next guests.
Availability: The owner will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
• Number of Guests should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed with the owners in advance.
• Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with parties in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in immediate termination of your accommodation and incur and additional payment.
• Security, Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss of the property and contents are the Guests’ responsibility during their stay and compensation may be sought by the Owners. The Owners take no responsibility for a guest’s personal property during their stay.
• Departure Clean - the property should be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. This means all food and rubbish including empty containers or bottles must be removed and placed in bags in the wheelie bin. All utensils or appliances that have been used must be left in a relatively clean state, this includes the BBQ. Dirty plates must either be cleaned or at minimum rinsed and stacked in the sink. The house as a whole must be left in a relatively tidy state; you don’t need to make beds, fold towels, vacuum or mop the floor (unless the floor is in a particularly untidy state). If the preceding is not achieved a minimum extra cleaning surcharge of $100 will apply.
• Smoking is only permitted outside and all butts must be disposed of properly. An additional fee may be charged by the owner if additional cleaning is required to remove the smell of smoking inside or to remove butts from garden areas.
• Pets are permitted on the verandah. In the grounds dogs must be kept on a leash and other pets controlled so as not to interfere with livestock and/or wildlife. Pets are not allowed inside the house. An additional cleaning fee will be charged if pets have been found to be inside the house.
• Grounds Care
DO NOT LIGHT FIRES ANYWHERE ON THE PROPERTY.
MOTOR BIKES AND QUAD BIKES ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BE RIDDEN ANYWHERE ON THE PROPERTY.
(Locals ride motor bikes and quad bikes across the highway north of Livingstone Road on the old WW2 Livingstone air strip. There are tracks running through to Berry Springs /Cox Peninsula Road. )
• Livestock - We have 2 young buffalo, a shy droughtmaster bull, a cow and calf. These animals roam from the dam in the front paddock to the paperbark forrest at the back of the property. There are also wild pigs around at various times.
If you go for a nature walk, please ensure that you close the gates that are marked with signage behind you.
Children are welcome under parental guidance. This is a rural property with a dam, wild buffalo and other livestock on 22 acres. You are welcome to roam the property bearing in mind that gates need to remain closed at all times. Your care and adequate supervision of children is essential.
Kaye here – wish that was me in the photo but it’s really my daughter Kym. I used to look like Kym but these days I look more like the buffalo haha! I’m Melbourne born and hitch hiked to Darwin in 1971 . Tim’s from Surrey U.K. We met here – loved the unique Territory life and made Darwin rural area our home.
We operated Go-Onna Safari in the days of 4wd dirt roads before Litchfield was a National Park. Now we enjoy metal detecting and finding all manner of rusty old junk that Tim turns into amazing sculptures.
Darwin city is a fun place.....the bush is the real experience......