I believe that Michael's negative review is retaliation because I had to ask him for an additional $75 cleaning fee since he did not clean the grill prior to his departure. Please read all of the other reviews of my home and my hosting style for more accurate feedback. I do feel that I need to address some of the false/misleading parts of his 'review':
1) My house is located mid-island, which is 2.9 miles from the center of town;
2) My house is a three story house with a finished basement that has a ping-pong table, full bath and a washer/dryer. To characterize the third floor as an attic is blatantly incorrect and conjures a completely false image. Please review the pictures on the listing...The third floor is a large, well-appointed, comfortable room with 2 queen beds and a flat screen TV. It was NEVER an attic;
3) I communicated with Michael several times during his stay. He never mentioned a thing about the dishes or towels being dirty. In fact, he thanked my for a 'lovely' stay. I have used the same cleaning team for three years and have never had a complaint. This one seems suspicious;
4) I do not ask for extensive cleaning requirements before departure. What I ask for is standard practice on the island and helps with turn-around, since there is only 5 hours between a departure and a new arrival. I ask for guests to wash and dry any used beach towels the day before since they won't be using them again. I also ask guests to strip their beds and start a wash if they can. I ask guests to please put their trash in the trash receptacle outside. And finally, because I will incur an additional cleaning charge if it is left dirty, I ask guests to clean the grill if they have used it (I supply all of the cleaning products/tools needed); and
5) What I pay to have the house cleaned is actually more than the $250 that I (Website hidden by Airbnb) is four floors of living and can take the team several hours to clean it and manage all of the laundry!
Finally, I am disappointed by this whole interaction. Michael and I communicated several times before his arrival. I helped him figure out where to rent baby stuff for his trip and allowed him to check-in 6 hours early. He mentioned none of that in his review. So, again, please read all of the other reviews of my property and take this review for what it appears to be... Peace.