À propos de ce logement
This is a newly refinished garden suite in North Capitol Hill, close to Volunteer Park. It is located in a quiet residential neighborhood, yet allows easy and convenient access to all of the Capitol Hill thoroughfares as well as downtown. It is a very bright and open space, with full windows and access to a private backyard.
Details and amenities:
- Two bedrooms, one furnished with a queen bed and the other with two twin beds
- Den with a desk and double-sized futon
- Main room with a couch, chairs and flat screen TV
- One full bathroom with tub and shower
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas stove, dishwasher, microwave, coffee makers, etc.
- Front load washer and dryer
- Cable TV, WiFi, and phone
- Short walk to bus lines with downtown access (#10 on 15th Ave, #12 on 19th Ave)
- Easy access to the University of Washington (1.8 mile walk or use bus #48 or #43 in only 15 mins.)
- Walking distance to numerous great restaurants (Kingfish, Vios, Monsoon on 19th Ave.; Smith, Coastal Kitchen, Hopvine, and more on 15th Ave.; too many to count on Broadway) and cafes (Victrola and Ladros on 15th Ave., Fuel on 19th Ave., Volunteer Park Cafe on Galer St.)
- Short walk to trails and green space (Volunteer Park, Interlaken Park, and the Arboretum)
- Walking distance to groceries (QFC and Safeway)
The garden suite is fully self-contained on the lower floor of the house, with guests having sole use of all facilities described. There is a permanent tenant on the upper floor, but that is a completely separate unit with no shared space and accessed from the front of the house (the garden suite is accessed from the back of the house). Guests also have exclusive use of the back yard, with a deck that has a barbeque and outdoor seating.
We live 2 blocks away, so we can easily drop by to check in or help out if something comes up.
There are two grocery stores nearby on 15th Ave E, a QFC between E Republican St. and E Harrison St., and a Safeway at E Thomas St. There are a number of good restaurants nearby, with some of the highlights being Kingfish Café at 19th Ave E and E Mercer St., the Volunteer Park Café at 17th Ave E and E Galer St., and Smith near 15th Ave E and E Harrison St. For delicious baked goods, try Bakery Nouveau at 15th Ave E and E John St.
Some of the spots worth checking out nearby at the Arboretum which has a Japanese Garden and a wide range of plant and tree species, Interlaken Park which has some nice walking trails, and Volunteer Park which has an Asian Art Museum and the Volunteer Park Conservatory.
It takes about 40 minutes to walk downtown, or there are two bus lines that will take you there: the #10 bus goes along 15th Ave E before heading downtown, and the #12 bus goes along 19th Ave E before heading downtown.
Seattle has a new bike share system, the closest station is a few blocks away at 15th Ave and Harrison St. (URL HIDDEN)
Free street parking is readily available across the street from the house.
There is no smoking inside or near the house.
We have a permanent tenant staying on the upper floor of the house (completely separate space, accessed from the front of the house) so we ask that you be respectful of her by keeping noise levels down after 10:00pm.
I am an Electrical Engineer happily living in the Pacific Northwest. Most of my free time is spent outside, either riding my bike, rock climbing, skiing, or running. Seattle is a great place to live if you love the outdoors (as long as you don't mind getting a little wet every now and then), and I do my best to make the most of our beautiful surroundings.