The property has 3 individual yurts in a mountain setting with a common art studio/living area, kitchen & 3 bathrooms/showers. Each yurt has its own full private bathroom. This listing is for the Purple yurt with 2 beds and love seat. See our other listings on Airbnb for the Green yurt furnished the same, and the Orange yurt with 3 beds, sleeps 4 max.
Firm "No pets" policy to respect all of our guests equally (possible allergies, fears, etc.). With respect to how much pets are loved.
The property has a total of 3 yurts which may be rented individually or booked together. Airbnb requires us to have three listings in order to rent the yurts individually. Contact us for specifics on your booking.
This listing is for the Purple yurt with 2 beds (1 single & 1 double) with a love seat. 3 guests max. Our other two airbnb listings are for the Green yurt (furnished the same), and the Orange yurt with one single bed, and one bunk bed with a single on top and double below, plus a love seat (sleeps 4 max).
When you stay, you may be the only guests on the property, or there may be other guests occupying the other yurts.
The Purple yurt has its own cast-iron propane heater/fireplace and has electricity. The main building has heat and air conditioning, and plenty of light for reading or socializing. The large main room doubles as an art studio for the resident artist and she offers many art supplies for guests to paint acrylic in plein air or watercolor at the studio table. The space is clean, modern and has all the amenities for a comfortable stay as we have retreats here all year. The energy is divine!
Accès des voyageurs
Guests occupy their own private yurt, and have full access to the main building which houses the large common sitting area and art studio, the three private full bathrooms, and the full kitchen with propane BBQ outside. The kitchen is fully stocked with staples, condiments, and spices. Guests need only bring any food they wish to prepare for their own meals. Each yurt has its own assigned bathroom. Also, there is a fire pit with plenty of wood, an amphitheater with a large stage for yoga and other activities, along with benches and trails around the property.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We (Julie and Ed) will be available to suggest with hikes, restaurants in town, menus, places to see, boat, fish, kayak as well as with health and healing issues.
The trails around the center are not level or paved, so if you have walking limitations, you may want to consider another venue.
Check in: 1:00 - Check out: 12:00 (Earlier or later possible depending on other check ins / check outs - just ask)
Safety & personal responsibility
The yurts are situated in forested property with natural trails. When a guest rents a yurt and stays with us, the guest accepts responsibility for their actions and personal safety. This area is not inherently dangerous, but it also is not like taking a walk in the city. Exercise mindfulness when hiking the trails surrounding the property.
There are not many of these. Guests have full access to their own private yurt, the property surrounding the yurts (not to include the owners' personal residence or their personal hot tub by the house), the main building which houses the common room / art studio, kitchen, and one
pre-assigned bathroom per yurt.
Cooking & Food:
The kitchen is fully stocked and quests may use any food or cooking supplies therein. Guests must bring their own perishables or main course food and drink. There is a BBQ for guest use as well. The tap water here is from our own artesian well that vastly exceeds any bottled water you may bring.
Please - no bacon cooking in the kitchen or other fried - type foods that really smell up the whole place! The outside BBQ has a burner you can use for bacon. Thanks:)
The two best traits of this property are the unequaled views and the near total peace & quiet. Have fun here, but please turn down the volume after 9:00 pm.
We live here so you will see us out and about, also using the shop portion of the main building, and in the main areas keeping things clean and in order. Your yurt is your own lockable private space which we respect, as is your assigned bathroom. Feel free to ask us anything and be as social or not, as you wish. The yurt area is far enough away from our house that you could come and go without us crossing paths if you wish. Please let us know if you would like near total privacy for your own personal reasons and we will respect that totally.
Have fun, respect and enjoy nature's beauty, and have fun!
Thanks, and looking forward to meeting you,
Julie & Ed
** Now for the overly wordy rental agreement we need for insurance**
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
Mountain View Yurt (Purple sleeps 3 max)
This agreement is made when the Guest(s) books the Yurt (listed above) on airbnb.com. And is in addition to any rules imposed by airbnb.com on the booking Guest and the listing Property Owner/Manager (herein referred to as Landlord) and is specific to the Purple Yurt and property, as described and listed on airbnb.com.
The fees are those charged by airbnb.com at time of booking. The security deposit is that charged by airbnb.com. The security deposit will be refunded based on the timing and rules of airbnb.com. Property owner will only withhold all or portions of the security deposit if there is damage or theft of property. Withholding of damage deposit will be in accordance with the rules of airbnb.com.
Terms of the Agreement:
1. The Landlord has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Guests violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Guests waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Guests shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of their booking.
2. The Guests shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and undamaged condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. Guests shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The guests agree that the Landlord shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if guests cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
3. The Guests shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
4. The Guests shall have no more persons than are listed on the initial booking through airbnb.com without prior authorization from the Landlord.
5. The Guests shall respect the property and other guests by reducing noise after 9:00pm.
6. There shall be no smoking on the property.
7. Guests are not permitted to bring pets onto the property.
8. The Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guests expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Guests, and that Guests should purchase their own insurance if such coverage is desired.
9. Guests agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
10. Guests expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Guests do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
11. We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
12. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
13. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to Guests’ work and family emergencies or other commitments.
14. It is the Guest’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions while on the property.
15. Guests agree that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
16. If the Guests use the fire pit, it is agreed that the last person to leave the fire pit will use the water hose to fully extinguish the fire.
17. Guests shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc. shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
18. Guest is advised that the property contains a gas stove and cook top, gas heating, gas grill, and other gas powered items and will seek help from management if the proper operation of such items is not fully understood.
19. The property has a fire extinguisher installed in the kitchen and outside the main building. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the guest to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Guest agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
20. The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tennant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
21. Guest shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
22. Valuable items left behind by guest will be held for the guest and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the guest for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
By the act of booking the above listed property through the airbnb.com, the Guests agree to these terms as of the date of booking.
Husband and wife, healer, artist, we love nature, sharing, small intimate gatherings and connecting in authentic ways. Yin and yang, we are both sides of any issue, but don't have any interest in making others wrong in order to be right. We welcome diversity, conversation, sharing and curiosity!