A generously airy room with single bed & garden in zone 2 - 1 stop 7 min to London Bridge. Full kitchen/bathroom shared with other Airbnb guests and professionals/university people. Possible airport pickup in luxury limousine (cheaper than taxis).
Hello guests! I am Kai and am here to host you or answer any enquiries you have about my apartment near New Cross and Brockley in zone 2 London UK! I speak some French (and some baby Italian!) and my partner speaks native Chinese (Mandarin) - please feel free to ask anything you need that I can help you with. I hope the 10 points below will give you all the information you need about our flat. If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me. With warmest greetings from London, Kai (and Whitney)
1. LOCATION & TRANSPORT
This apartment is in an excellent location for London:
- New Cross station (zone 2) 9min walk (7min train to London Bridge 1 stop)
- New Cross Gate station (zone 2) 11min walk (7min train to London Bridge 1 stop)
- Brockley station (zone 2/3) 12min walk (11min train to London Bridge 2 stops)
- Lewisham station (zone 2/3) 22min walk (or bus 10 min)
- Goldsmiths College (University of London) 9min walk
- 24 hour open corner shops 2min walk
- Supermarkets (Tesco and Sainsburys open till 10pm daily) 5 or 7min walk
- 24-hour cash machine 3 min walk
- Green gardens and parks and sport grounds 1, 11, 22 min walk
- Buses ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) from 2min walk to central London (Victoria, Paddington, Vauxhall, Waterloo, London Bridge, St Paul, Liverpool Sreet Station etc and also to further south like Lewisham) including 24-hour night buses. (Bus to Victoria 40min, bus to Waterloo 30min, bus to St Paul 50min etc. – During busy traffic hours, add 5 or 10 min on top of these travel times.)
2. ROOM PRICE
The prices of this room are:
For 1 person:
GBP £28 a night
GBP £146 a week (over 25% discounted from £196)
GBP £567 a month (over 33% discounted from £852)
Please note that infants of younger than 2 years old (those who have not had their 2nd birthday yet) stay with an adult free of charge, therefore the above rate applies. For children aged 2 years old and over staying with 1 adult, please see my other listings for 2 or 3 people..
3. AVAILIBILITY & GARDEN
Please check my listings and availability. I have 4 private rooms in total including this one. They are
- Double room with direct access to garden (for up to 3 people) (This room is the one you are looking at now.)
- Double room en-suite with garden view (for up to 2 people)
- Double room with a double bed (for up to 2 people)
- Single room with a single bed (for 1 person)
Everyone staying in this apartment (and the two flats upstairs) has access to a garden and patio. (Please note that the shared garden is undergoing revamping and will look much nicer by mid to end of August 2015. At the moment it is looking not quite ready yet. We are working on it.)
4. WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Price includes everything including cleaning costs so you have absolutely nothing more to pay like service charge fees etc. In your room you will find all bedding and towels (for 1 person) and the shared bathroom has toilet papers, shampoo/conditioner and shower gel. You don’t pay for any of these. And of course there is free wifi.
- You have full access to a shared kitchen which is fully equipped with everything you need for cooking and eating.
- The room is fully furnished and has a single bed, desk, chair, tall shelving unit, window, drawers, desk and bedside lights, curtains and a clothes horse.
Please note that like many places in London, this flat does not have a lounge (also called a living room or a sitting room), but it has a small communal bar area as part of the kitchen with high chairs where you can sit and eat or mingle with other people in the apartment.
5. AIRPORT PICKUP
I have often given a lift to and from airports in my car to our Airbnb guests flying in/out of London UK for a modest charge. (Given the time it takes to drive to and from airports, I am not really making profit by doing this. I just recover petrol costs and I do this to help our Airbnb guests feel welcome and comfortable.) Sometimes I have meetings, work commitments and can be away - I can usually confirm my availability for doing this for you 3 or 4 working days prior to your arrival or departure into and out of London airports. (If I am not available on the date of your flights, I can recommend or book minicab (licensed private hire taxis) firms for you. My charges for doing this (which of course is cheaper and more comfortable car than taxis) for airport pickup or drop off are:
- Heathrow £55 one way
- Gatwick £60 one way
- Stansted £70 one way
- Luton £80 one way
I drive a semi-classic car, a 1990s Mercedes S class limousine which is a very quiet (double glazing windowed) luxury executive saloon (or sedan as they call it in American English) with a generous legroom for both front and back passengers. (My other car is a 1970s Cadillac Eldorado coupe but I usually drive Mercedes.) Please note that I can have four passengers at a time (as the car is a 5-seater including the driver) and if you are a group of 2 or 3 people, I will need to know how many pieces of luggage you will have with you and approximate size of them, before I can confirm my availability for taking you to or bringing you from airports. Please feel free to enquire about airport transfers as I will be there to answer any questions you have in order to help you and find a competitive solution for you.
6. SHOPS, PARKS & AMENITIES NEARBY
There is a 24-hour family-run corner shop just 2min walk from the flat (you can buy food and drink from there), and small supermarkets (Tesco/Sainsburys) open till 11pm and 10pm respectively everyday just 5 and 7min walk. There is a large supermarket (Sainsbury) open until 8pm weekdays 13min walk (behind New Cross Gate station).
7. FREE PARKING, PARKS AND GYM/SWIMMING POOL
- If you are driving and arriving here to my apartment by car, there is free off-street parking just outside our building. (It means you can park anywhere on this street free of charge.) Usually there are plenty of spaces to park cars. (I myself have 2 cars! – Plus I have several bicycles!)
- There is a communal neighbouhood green area (like a garden for the entire street) right behind the flat (1min walk) and there are parks (such as Hilly Fields) 20min walk. Hilly Fields gives a panoramic view of London including a nice view of Canary Wharf and the Shard of London.
- There is a public leisure-sports centre with a huge swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, gym and exercise classes just 10min by bus or 22min walk from our flat. (Glass Mill sports centre in Lewisham.)
8. NUMBER OF GUESTS, OTHERS IN THE HOUSE & NEIGHBOURS
This room is for maximum 1-person occupancy (except infants under 2 years of age can stay with 1 adult free of charge). We do have 3 other rooms for up to 2 and 3 people each (they all have a double bed, one has a folding single bed in addition for 3rd person and another has its own en-suite shower room), so if you are a group of 2 people or more up to 8 people in your group, please have a look at my other listings in the same apartment. The flat has 1 shared bathroom (with bath, shower and toilet) shared with other people in the apartment (except one of the double rooms has its own private en-suite with shower and toilet).
There are 4 rooms in this apartment including this room. The en-suite double room (for up to 2 people) tends to have other Airbnb guests, another double room (for up to 2 people) tends to have the same or short or long-term tenants, and the biggest room 9for up to 3 people) tends to have the same (Airbnb guests). When we have short or long-term guests, they tend to be students studying at Goldsmiths College University of London (as our flat is less than 10min walk from this university) or professionals working in London, from UK, Europe or other parts of the world, usually long-term but sometimes short term tenants as well.
This apartment is the basement flat (Flat A) of 3 flats at this address in this building, and has its own entrance that you do not share with the two neibouring flats. Above this flat is a neighbour family (Flat B on the ground floor) who are a young European (Spanish speaking) family with a baby and a small child (a 3 year-old). (Like us and our Airbnb guests, they are also all non-smokers and they don’t have a spare room so they don’t have guests staying over.) From your room or this flat in the basement, I believe that you can’t hear this neighbour or the children speaking or crying, but sometimes you can hear and feel the small child running around in the flat upstairs. But it is not often or constant – it is only occasionally that you can hear the kid running about in the upstairs neighbouring flat. (Above that neighbouring flat is Flat C, on the 1st floor above the ground floor flat, which is my partners flat. That is where she and I spend most of time. We have two spare bedrooms there and we often have Airbnb guest staying in this top floor flat. If you are interested in my partner’s apartment which is different from mine but at the same address, please do search online " Hey, I’m Whitney! London, United Kingdom Member since September 2012 Taiwan Airbnb", you will see her picture in a green field shot from back that shows her two listings, a single room for 1 person and a double/triple room for up to 3 people.)
Our flat is for NON-SMOKING both in and immediately outside of entrances and the garden/patio. (For definition and clarity, people who smoke electronic cigarettes (also called vaping) are counted as smokers.) Please note that smoking is not allowed anywhere in the building or anywhere in the patio or garden area, and also just outside in front of the entrance to the building or on the pavement on the street just outside our building.
The reason for the above is because if you smoke either just in front of the front door or the back garden patio, the cigarette smoke goes into the window of one of the double rooms of this flat (which is situated immediately next to the entrance door to the flat), and the cigarette smoke goes up into the window of the neighbouring flat (where they have a baby and a small 3yo child) on the ground floor (flat B) or into the window of the top floor flat (flat C) where my partner and I are based with other Airbnb guests. This causes not only inconvenience but damage to heath of other people in this and neighbouring flats (including the ones with a baby and a small toddler child), and I can get complaints from my neighbour. Also the garden is for everyone’s use (all three flats at this address) and the neighbouring parents and their baby and small child and other Airbnb guests as well as my partner and I have a use of it, and we therefore need the whole of the garden to be smoke-free.
If you wish to smoke, please go to the space between our address and the address next door (the one to the right when you are facing our front door), there is a gap between these two buildings, and you may smoke there. But if you do, please ensure that you are standing between the two buildings in front of the metal gate for garden access, and thereby not too close to the entrance doors of any of the flats at our address or to the window of the single room (which is behind the metal gate for garden access). Please ensure that you dispose of the cigarette buds in the black rubbish bin in front of the flat (and not throwing it down on the ground).
Please note that failure to observe the rules on smoking as per the above may result in you losing part or all of the deposit.
There is a security deposit of GBP £85 which will be returned to you after you have moved out as per T&C and as per the point 9 on smoking above.
That is about it! I hope this will have answered all the questions you have about this room and this apartment. If you have any more questions, please get in touch. English, French (and even Chinese Mandarin) languages are OK to communicate with us (my partner and myself). With warmest regards from London, Kai (and Whitney)
Cet hôte a 53 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
I am new to Airbnb but my partner is not. – If you search " Hey, I’m Whitney! London, United Kingdom Member since September 2012 writer tour guide", you will see her Airbnb profile coming up towards the top with her profile picture with long hair in a dark dress. As you would see, she has been on Airbnb for around 3 years with around 100 positive reviews from former guests (some have mentioned me too) who have stayed in our spare rooms. I have moved into another apartment (a basement flat) at the same building as my partner, and now it is me welcoming you to my home!
I am someone of a cosmopolitan outlook, having lived in half a dozen countries and visited over 30 countries. I love the local London life here and interacting with local and international guests and friends.
What else about me? I drive classic cars (90s and 70s!) and I am into arthouse films, classical music and smooth nostalgic songs. My professional background is creative arts and science project and research management. I enjoy a variety of food from mild spice to super hot chili, and to burn off all those calories I work out everyday scoring long distance shots (half and three-quarter court) in basketball.
And you? Please do airbnb me as I am awaiting to welcome you here and get to know you!
Regards from London,
Kai (and Whitney)