Warning: this review isn't going to be great.
With a cheap listing like this, you generally give allowances for lack of comfort/quality. Additionally, the proximity to the beaches (Venice and Marina del Rey) are reasons to sacrifice quality.
But in this situation, the discomfort exceeded the forgiveness you make for price and location.
+ 1 forgiveness -2 comfort = negative experience.
1) When introduced to the room I wasn't initially provided linens
2) John gave me the wrong keys to boot, and I had to make a phone call one night to have Wolfgang (the most helpful and most positive part of the experience) deliver them to me
3) The place was crawling with ants. I mean, overrun like the stampede of Buffalo in the Lion King. And they get on your bed, bite, and itch.
4) When John introduced the place he said not to lock the door because no one locks the door to the outside (?)
5) Lack of maintenance had spiderwebs in corners of the showers, garbage was rarely addressed and taken out
6) The space is in fact in the back of a rental car property, and the lot of the house you live in is packed to capacity with rental cars (not shown in photos)
1) The owner Jeff, responded to concerns very quickly by sending assistants. He was admittedly interested in solving problems as quickly as possible
2) Total autonomy, the place is yours and the owners aren't there
3) Room is as it appears in photos
5) Access to washer/dryer/kitchen
6) Fun AirBnB'ers in the other rooms to meet
This listing is really just a Satellite operation by the 'Venice Beach' host named Jeff. While he is in the process of cleaning it up and improving quality, at this current point it's pretty shabby. Overrun with ants. Holy shit, the ants. Jeff is eager to help and respond to complaints/concerns, but all help is reactive, not proactive. Which is to say, I should have been provided linens, the correct keys, and a bugless room before I had to ask. Wolfgang is the most helpful part, and is Jeff's emissary he sends out to fix things.
I spoke up about the keys and the lack of sheets, but when it came to the bugs I didn't bother. I'm not a Diva and I appreciate the cheapness of the property so I stuck it out. Besides, how much can somebody do to solve an ant problem inside a week? I would have been gone before it was figured out.
Conclusion: I wouldn't recommend until the quality has been improved.