À propos de ce logement
Beautiful Pet Friendly Home on a Fully-Fenced Acre Ringed by Redwoods, 1 Mile to the Village
“Redwood Majic” is a PET FRIENDLY serene and intensely quiet property, ringed by towering magical redwoods yet located less than a mile from the charming Mendocino Village. 2 bedroom, 2 baths. BEDS 2 CA King beds (one in each bedroom) plus 2 Twin airbeds and 1 Queen airbed which we can set up if needed.
Beautiful Home on Fully-Fenced Acre Ringed by Redwoods, 1 Mile to the Village
“Redwood Majic” is a serene and intensely quiet property, ringed by towering magical redwoods yet located less than a mile from the charming Mendocino Village.
This two-story, 1600 sq. ft, two-bedroom, two-bath home is set within a private, fully fenced dog-friendly acre of lush ferns and towering California redwoods. 2 King beds (one in each bedroom) plus 2 Twin airbeds and 1 Queen airbed which we can set up if needed.
You will feel you are a world away but it’s just minutes to The Village or Mendocino Headlands State Park and its 350 acres of rocky bluffs and open space overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
This lovely home is an easy walk or short drive to some of America’s most beautiful countryside, miles of stunning beaches, hiking trails, world-class wineries and more.
To discover Redwood Majic, take the lovely drive west on Highway 128, then north along Highway 1 into the delightful Village of Mendocino. You will pass cypress trees and redwood groves, drive through the gates and up a long driveway lined with magnificent and ancient California redwoods, soaring over 200 feet into the sky!
The fast pace of the world will disappear when you enter this gracious home.
And while Mendocino Village is recognized for its excellent restaurants, our home’s large country kitchen has everything you’ll need for cooking wonderful meals. The Kitchen features an apron sink, open shelving and plenty of counter space and storage. A 6-foot-long butcher block island has seating for two and the dining table seats six. Just outside the kitchen is a high end Weber 3-burner (plus sideburner) BBQ set on an expansive wrap-around Deck with plenty of built-in seating and garden chairs. It’s perfect for enjoying a glass of wine while contemplating the stars and the stunningly beautiful redwood forest that rings the property.
The Kitchen and Dining Area flow into the Living Room graced with large windows and vaulted wooden ceilings. There is seating for seven and a new 42-inch Smart TV with access to hundreds of stations as well as Pandora radio for music. Bookshelves offer reading material, something for everyone, so slow down and relax.
Upstairs, the large windows in the light-filled 600-square-foot Master Suite provide views on three sides over the gardens and to the treetops. The Suite has plenty of closet and storage space as well as a large reading area with a romantic window seat featuring garden and forest views. A California King bed with a firm mattress is laid with fine linens and topped with a down comforter and the Bathroom features a skylight, plenty of plush towels, a large pedestal sink and a shower big enough for two.
The Downstairs Bedroom has wood paneled ceilings and views of the garden plus a fascinating redwood stump that was cut during the 1800s. It is easily 7 feet tall and covered with moss. A huckleberry bush is now growing from the top!
The Downstairs Bedroom features ample closet and drawer space, a California King bed with firm mattress, fine linens and a down comforter. Its bath, with pedestal sink and large shower, is stocked with plenty of fluffy towels. We also have two Aero Air beds that can be set up as needed.
The gardens—potted plants around the house plus an expansive open space fringed with ferns and towering California redwood trees—is acreage worth exploring. The property is rich with hydrangea, rhododendron, purple Princess flowers and lilac. See if you can find a fairy ring beneath the redwood trees! Local wildlife includes osprey, chipmunks, squirrels, possum, raccoon, deer and more.
Along the coast, we have otters, whales and seals and we are famous for our schools of sardines and salmon runs. Harvest Market offers a wonderful selection of organic foods and fresh fish but you can also buy direct from the fishermen as they unload their catch in the harbor, a real treat.
Come and visit our very special home—Redwood Majic in Mendocino—soon!
Accès des voyageurs
Access to the entire 1600 sq. ft house and fully-fenced acre ringed by redwoods! Heavenly!
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Minimal but we, or a helper, are just a text away should you need anything.
Check In 4:00 PM / Check Out 10 AM
Discounts for extended stays. We LOVE snowbirds!
Send us a note, even if your preferred dates are booked, just in case we have a cancellation.
We love and welcome your dogs on our fully-fenced and gated acre! We do charge a $50.00 charge per dog per stay.
Come and visit soon!
The house can take 4 guests with 1 California King bed in each bedroom. There are 2 aero twin air beds and 1 aero queen air bed if needed for sleeping accomidations.
No security deposit, but we do require that a accidental damge protection policy is purchased by the guest after the house is booked since that is when we can send the policy to the guests email. The cost of the policy is $59.00 and it is not refundable. This covers from $1.00 to $1,500.00 of accidental damage. We do not rent the house without this policy purchased for the dates of the guests stay.
1. Be kind to the neighbors. Keep any noise to a reasonable level and bring it inside by 10 PM.
2. The maximum number of Guests and pets is limited to the number as stated in the booking confirmation, unless Homeowner has granted prior written approval. We do not have a special use permit and our home is in a quiet, residential neighborhood, therefore NO large, late, loud parties. If you need such a venue, there are many excellent ones in Mendocino that we can recommend. NO weddings, large wedding photo shoots, big kiddie parties; absolutely NO large, late or loud parties/gatherings/events.
3. The Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all in Guest’s party are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Leave the house as you found it. Only use appliances for their intended uses. Due to insurance restrictions, please do NOT use the wood stove. Please turn off lights when not using them. Move the BBQ away from the house before using; turn the tank off after.
6. Dogs are permitted ONLY with prior approval and only for the pets as noted in the booking confirmation. Please make sure they are registered so that any damage done will be covered by insurance. We love cats but due to allergies, we discourage cats visiting.
If you need anything, any time, day or night, Susie is at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN), (EMAIL HIDDEN) Thank you and have a pleasant stay!
I am a horsewoman by profession and lived in Southern California where I was involved in riding and polo—such joy! I bought Redwood Majic in 2006 and retired to Mendocino Village in 2015. I love the clear air and the slower pace of living here. And since I still travel a great deal, I love to share my home with others who appreciate all that our lovely little Mendocino Village and the surrounding area have to offer, that very special Mendocino magic and the magical redwoods.