À propos de ce logement
Just 25 minutes away from the amazing rocks of Zion National Park, relax in secluded, rocky Toquerville! Make your own meal in our full kitchen or the BBQ grill outside. Families welcome!
This is the basement of our home with a separate entrance downstairs; we live upstairs. It is very light and as one guest wrote, "you would never know you are below ground."
1. A large living room, dining and kitchen area that covers 616 sq. feet is the common area. This 44 foot long space includes a living room with a large library of books, a cozy fireplace, a 42" flat-screen TV with cable TV included and several couches. A pool table is in the center, and the end portion has a large dining table and a beautiful corner glass table we call our breakfast nook. This sits atop two large volcanic boulders you will wonder how we got there! There is a full kitchen with fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, and coffee brewing station.
2. The bathroom has a tub and shower, and large mirror over the sink. It also has a stack-able washer and dryer that are available for your use free of charge. Soap, shampoo, and conditioner are provided.
3. Also available for your use (generally from 6:00-10:00 p.m.), is a 265 sq. ft. Theatre Room with a 126" screen.
4. Just for the kids: a separate toy room with doll house, marble rollers, and various other fun creations from "Grmpa Gary's Wooden Toys." Also in this room: A Queen Murphy bed that can sleep two. Families can add 2 additional people for $20 more per person.
5. Outside we have a large natural gas grill available for your use and a nice deck with comfortable patio furniture to enjoy our cool desert evenings.
6. Fire pit for roasting marshmallows and making S'mores!
(Our 1st listing) Our Navajo Sandstone Suite is 178 sq. ft. and has a wonderful Queen size bed.
(This listing-our 2nd listing) Our Desert Rose Suite is 216 sq. ft. and has a very comfortable King size bed. Also in the room are two twin bunk beds that can be added for $20 more per person.
Both bedrooms have large spacious windows that let in plenty of light.
Accès des voyageurs
1. Living Room (with pool table)/Dining Room/Kitchen
3. Theatre Room (with treadmill)
4. Toy Room (Extra bedroom)
5. Back yard, deck, BBQ grill
1. Navajo Sandstone Suite
2. Desert Rose Suite
Échanges avec les voyageurs
For check-in: come to the front entrance of the home.
After check in, I will give you a code for the key-less entry for the back door.
We generally cook one hot breakfast for you during a 2-3 night stay for your enjoyment if it fits into your schedule. This is generally at 7:15 a.m. week days, but can be later on weekends. The other day you can serve yourself a Continental Breakfast. We have cereals, milk, fresh fruit, bread and bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, coffee, etc.
We are generally available mornings, afternoons and evenings.
Zion National Park is a short drive up a beautiful canyon. It takes about 25-30 minutes to drive there. There is a small town, LaVerkin just 3 miles away with a restaurant, grocery store and gas stations. The larger town of Hurricane, just a few miles further has many to choose from. Great website to plan your stay: (URL HIDDEN)
1. Children and families are welcome!
2. NO SMOKING ALLOWED
3. NO PETS ALLOWED. Sorry, too many guests with allergies! There is a super pet hotel close by in Rockville, UT. It comes highly recommended by my daughter. Doggie Dude Ranch, 800 E. Main Rockville, UT. Reservations strongly recommended. Website is in my Guidebook.
4. A different secure code will be given to each guest. It is your responsibility to lock the home securely when leaving.
5. Quiet Hours will be from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
6. For a two to three night stay, I generally cook one hot breakfast at 7:45 a.m. The other days will be a continental breakfast at your leisure.
7. Please eat only in the kitchen area.
8. Free Wi-Fi is available, password to be given on site.
9. Free cable TV is available in the common area.
10. Towels are in the top drawer of your bedside table. Please return them to your room after use and hang them on the over-the-door hanger to ensure private use. Extra towels are in the bathroom.
11. Soap, shampoo, and conditioner are provided.
12. All available for your use: Full kitchen; outdoor gas grill; large library; toy room for the kids; theatre room; and clothes washer and dryer. (You will need to provide your own laundry soap.)
12. Extra blankets and pillows are located in the bedroom closets.
13. Theatre Room. If you would like to watch a movie in the theatre room, let us know and we will arrange it if we are home in the evening. Hours 6:00-10:00 p.m. The treadmill is in this room as well. Use at your own risk.
14. Party policy. If you have others you would like to invite to our home for a dinner or a movie, etc., that is acceptable if it is a small gathering for a certain amount of time, and you have gotten permission from us. This cannot intrude upon other guests.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % et les frais de service vous sont remboursés intégralement.
Cet hôte a 8 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
I, Karlene, am the wife of Gary Young and we are the parents of 5 grown children, 4 boys and a girl. Gary and I have 8 wonderful grandchildren, 4 girls and 4 boys. Five of them live nearby and we love tending and spoiling them. I have been a teacher for 20 years, most of those years teaching drama to all ages. Five things I can't live without: Family, good food, exercise, beautiful music, theatre.
Gary has been a carpenter all his life and has been a General Contractor, building houses, for pretty much about forever. We've long lost track of how many houses he's built. He loves to doodle and build wooden toys and other things in his shop.
Future travel wants: back to the Mediterranean, explore Europe, Alaska, and Hawaii. We love cruises!
Karlene enjoys many types of books, but especially Young Adult Fiction. She loves Country music, especially if she can sing it, and Broadway music, because she's a musical theatre nerd! She loves being in plays. Her mantra: Hope, and trust in The Lord.
Gary would rather watch an action packed movie in our great theatre room than read. He's a terrific host and makes a mean Snickerdoodle Cookie. More than anything he loves to take people boating. His goal, to still be water-skiing at age 70! He can't live without his wife :) , fried chicken, pumpkin pie, grandkids, and his wood shop.