Set in 6.5 acres on the outskirts of Sway Village in the New Forest, Acorns offers an ideal base to explore the New Forest.
Originally the feed room for ponies built onto the back of an existing garage, it has now been converted into a comfortable Apartment On the ground floor there is a lounge area with sofa and lounge chairs and a kitchen area. A further door leads to the shower room with wash hand basin and loo. A spiral staircase takes you upstairs to a 9 metre long bedroom with double bed and spare bed for adult or child. Bedding is of a high quality and, for winter months, a luxurious King Size 12 tog down and feather duvet. Please let us know if you are allergic to feather and we will gladly change for a polyester filled duvet. Because of the spiral staircase and the safety aspect, the accommodation is not suitable for young children. A balcony overlooks your lawned area and the pony paddocks. A dog is usually welcome, depending on type.
Accès des voyageurs
We welcome guests from 3.30pm. Nearer to your arrival day I will be in contact to get an up to date arrival time. So we can service Acorns In preparation for our next Guests, we ask you vacate by 10.30am (unless a later time has been pre-agreed). The exception to this time is if your departure day is a Tuesday, when we need access to service Acorns from 9.15am. As well as the Apartment, Guests can have access to some of the pony paddocks and gardens, once we have shown you around. We are in a quiet location off the road down a private tack. There is ample safe parking and bicycle storage.
* Although generally, we offer a minimum 2 night stays sometimes just a Saturday night is vacant. In such cases we would consider a single night booking. Please check first.
* Most Tuesday's are blocked off for general maintenance purposes. Please check with us if you need to include a Tuesday in your stay. We are adaptable!
* There is an abundance of good eating places in and around Sway. Southampton and Bournemouth are just 15 miles away, and there are local beaches a short drive from us.
* Whilst we happily supply towels for use within Acorns, we kindly ask that you bring your own towels for use on the beach.
* Should you consider making a reservation, you will notice from the availability that, in general, Tuesday's are blocked off. This is flexible so please do check with us as it is more than likely we can make Acorns available for Tuesdays.
* We asked for minimum 2-night stays but if a Saturday only, between two existing bookings was available, under these circumstances we would certainly be able to offer just this one night.
We are in a beautiful, peaceful area of Sway so, whilst we understand that music and television are a part of a relaxing holiday, any noise is kept to a low acceptable level.
In the interest of future guests, we have a definitely no smoking policy in the Apartment please. If you smoke outside on your lawned area please do not your cigarette butts outside.
Your dog is welcome for a small nightly charge of £3 or £4, depending on type of dog. We need him (or her) to be on a lead at all times (as we have a cat) outside the Apartment and not left unattended in the Apartment at any time. We also ask that you not to let him go up the spiral staircase. It has been known for a larger dog not be able to get down easily! If you wish to exercise him or he needs to 'excuse himself' there is a short track just outside the gates, or we may be able to open up the well-fenced ménage. Please do not allow him to relieve himself on the lawns or against trees as children play in the areas.
If you have enjoyed using the wood burner, we ask you clean out the old ash before you leave. Shovel and bucket by wood store bin.
Lastly, we respectfully request that friends and family of those renting Acorns are not entertained, visit or stay in the apartment without prior permission from us.
We have been welcoming Guests to our home for Bed and Breakfast for 26 years. On your arrival we always plan to be available to welcome you to Acorns and usually around during the days to offer advise on where to go and what to see during your visit to the New Forest.
Living in the New Forest gives me the opportunity to enjoy the outdoor life and all the Forest and Coast has to offer. I enjoy being with, and driving, my ponies. My other passion is my garden, with its large fish pond. But I also enjoy spending time in our seaside holiday cottage on the Isle of Wight, which is also available for letting. I aim to get best results in everything I do, wherever possible.