If you’re looking for unique, designed by old traditional Lappish style,
peaceful and relaxing place for your stay in Rovaniemi - Kataja is your
We offer cosy and spacious first floor with fireplace, own entrance and sunny/snowy terrace of our split level house. Accommodation Kataja includes sleeping place /living room 30 m2 and small living room with kitchenette 15 m2. The apartment is ideal for couple! It is designed by old traditional finnish style - wooden walls, ceilings and white wooden floors - but decorated by modern furniture. The district of this location called Ounasrinne, quiet and peaceful neighborhood. If you’re looking for a unique, peaceful and relaxing home for your stay in Rovaniemi, this is your choice.
- Free Wi-Fi
Sleeping place / living room
- Double sofa bed for two (140 cm)
- Extra normal bed for one (90 cm – 200 cm)
- Bed linen included in price
- Fire place
- Sauna (both traditional finnish wood and electric)
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Hair dryer
- Hand towels
(is very well equipped with everything you will need on
preparing your meal):
- Sufficient kitchen accessories
- Coffee maker
- Water cooker
Tap water is drinkable.
Small living room
- Table for two
- Lots of closet space
- Iron and iron table
In this apartment you can use everything freely.
- Bus number 5 take you to center in 15 minutes. This bus stop is only 300 meters away from the apartment.
- The city center (Central Railway Station) is 45 minute walk away.
- If you are coming by plane, you will get to the apartment taking the taxi from the airport (the price is about 25 e)
- We can offer transportation also (the price is 15 e).
-The grocery store, pub, R-kiosk and library are 500 meters away from the apartment.
- Santa’s wellbeing and sports center Santa Sport (bowling, gym, SPA, Lappset Funpark, restaurant, pool etc.) (URL HIDDEN) 2 km.
- Sky hotel gourmet restaurant with Northern Lights roof terrace (this year we have had amazing NL) 2,5 km
- Ounasvaara walk (no winter time) and cross-country skiing track only 2 min walk away.
DISTANCES from Kataja to
- Santa Claus Village 12 km.
- Airport 13 km.
- Central Railway Station 6 km.
- Rovaniemi centre 5 km.
- Museum Arcticum 5,5 km.
- Concert hall and Art museum Korundi 5 km.
When checking in, we will welcome you to the apartment, give the keys and introduce the places. Then we will let you enjoy your stay in Rovaniemi! Feel free to ask for more information anytime!
We are more than happy to help our guests and make them enjoy their stay in Rovaniemi :)
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We live on up stairs so we are close by.
There is only one sauna / shower in the house, so if you stay more than two days, our family use it also at the agreed times.
Please tell us a little bit about your plans for your visit and what kind of person you are. (It's always nicer to let someone to your home, when you know them a little beforehand. Thanks!)
In Kataja not allowed:
- smoking inside or terrace
- additional guests
- shoes inside (no high heels inside either - heels dent the wood floor)
- shower after 23.00
If something breaks during your stay, report it to me.
A broken glass doesn't matter, not telling me about it matters.
We are a family who likes to travel and explore new cultures, languages and meet new people. However we love our city and will be pleased to receive and give you advise to bring out the most of your stay in Rovaniemi.