À propos de ce logement
Located in the central Shikoku island, in the mountain, UB1, ex-school, which we are changing to a creative space with internet cafe, bar, gallery bath and wood terrace, is operated by NPO revitalize local economy & culture.
We offer special price (1 week+) to creative people who contribute "something" for our (UB1) Project.
Please describe or just ask us what you want to create during your stay.
We ever had "Artist, Architect, Carpenter, Film Maker, Food Creator...etc.
UB1 just face to the Shikoku mountains, we have two really nice bath, while you enjoy your bath the most famous river of Japan Yoshino river just under your eyes.
The private room is delivered for Creators and artist.
Accès des voyageurs
here is UB1 areas:
1)Living area: 5 private room and 1 room w/studio.
2)Studio: art, cooking, carpentry, creative work here,
3)Cafe: nice cafe area for everyone, Delicious home roasted coffee ( ¥400~) and local tea (¥400~) and organic vegetable salad,
4)Bath: 2 bathrooms are openair with roofs. wild great view!
5)Other space: gallery, sports hall(2nd floor,about 200㎡), tea room, cozy tree house(outside,build on a sakura tree.), toilets.
A)Kitchen: We have kitchens only for staffs and local start-up food creators . We have an aim to raise local creators and develop recipes with local materials. Guests can cook at the Studio.
Occasionally we might have cooking workshop or you may propose your original cooking plan with local ingredients. Please ask before you coming!
B)Gymnastic Hall: School has big gymnastic hall and now it is under re-designing. It is OK to use on that situation.
The other rooms are just for staff.
Please respect our policy.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We will serve seasonal dinner/morning/lunch if reserved in advance.
We can arrange some Japanese cultural activity / outdoor activities for you.
> Rafting (operated by SAFARI outdoor sports) ¥8,000 ~
> Canyoning (operated by SAFARI outdoor sports) ¥10,000 ~
> Tea Ceremony (Operated by L2Glabo) ¥ 5,000 ~
> Local Sake Maker Tour w/sake tasting (Operated by MATBI true trip service) ¥1,000 ~
> Wet tour, wetland hiking and onsen w/breakfast (Operated by MATBI true trip service) ¥5,000
> Local Harb Products Make (Operated by L2Glabo) ¥2,000 ~
> Moon YOGA (Operated by L2Glabo) ¥3,000 ~
> "ENTAKU" Local Home Dining (Operated by L2Glabo) ¥3,000 ~
Please remind It requires a separate fee and reservation.
We expect our guests are creators / artists / social entrepreneurs and so on.
UB1 is still redesigning / renovating our facility with our guests , and so some parts of UB1 is a little messy like Sagrada Família, Gaudí designed church in Barcelona.
About Creative eXchange program, we have to make a deal what we create as a fruit (visible value) left in UB1.
Please ask us if you have a great idea to develop.
Please enjoy to create !
UB1 Guide ver.08.03
UB1 is a development by NPO teotoru of a closed schoolhouse in the countryside.
It is operated as a center for creators and entrepreneurs, and anyone interested in “MONOZUKURI (art of design and make)” is welcome to join. The pricing is light, but depends greatly on the saving efforts of volunteers and staff. People who visit UB1 are welcomed as not guests but friends in common sense! UB1 itself will continue to grow at the hands of visitors, creators, and volunteers.
Our rule is as bellow:
- Check-in time is until 17:00. The road leading up to UB1 is also a village, but there are almost no streetlights. Please take care because the street at night is a strange land and can be dangerous. From AwaIkeda station to UB1, it takes 15 min. by car. Taxi is available at the station. it costs approx ¥2,000. We might pick you up depends on situation. Please ask before you are coming. (Note! make sure that we are not always available. So sudden request is hard to accept.)
For drivers, do not trust your rent-a-car GPS on climbing up to the mountains. They seems to be incorrect because GPS map is too old. On Yoshino Riverside road to UB1 mountains, you will find big Blue Sign ( to Nishiyama, but no english ).
Refer to this maps.
Before you are coming, bring…
1) Bating Gear (Towel, Teeth Blush, Paste...)
2) Food & Drink (No shop up on the mountain here)
- You are charged only for "BED" by airbnb. Other service (Coffee, Drinks, Food, Laundry..) is charged extra.
> Hand dripped Coffee ¥400
> Local Hand Picked Tea ¥400
> Local Sake ¥500 ~ ¥800
> Home made Fermented Rice Granola ¥400
> Food Creators Dishes ¥500 - ¥3000
>Laundry machine ¥500/times
Please respect that our social project is "resolving" local economy/culture.
- UB1's cafe, stage, terrace, and gallery are public access. Please take care if leaving any personal belongings in these area.
- Do not bring any food and drink in the Bed Room, Refrigrator is available and Take food/drink in public area.
- Self cleaning is greatly appreciated, and helps keep UB1 looking beautiful. Please return anything you use to its original place, and help to maintain clean common areas.
- As long as you ask others around you, smoking is ok. If you don't have an handy-ashtray, we can lend you one. Please dispose of cigarettes butts in the trash and note that disposing of them in cans or littering is prohibited.
- Please save electricity by turning off lights and electronics in rooms not in use.
- Outdoor bathing is one of the many boasts of UB1. Please share the water as each bath requires hot water and gas in large quantities. Please clean up after yourself when you are finished use. If you have baths on a regular basis, consider donating (500 yen) to help pay for the costs. In addition, remember to turn off the gas switch (panel on wall) if you are the last to use the bath.
- Laundry washer and dryer are available, and chiping in (500 yen) to cover water, electricity, and detergent costs would be appreciated.
- Please be nice to my dogs.
- Except lock up 22:00 later cafe, you are requested to locking. Also facilities along with the close of business cafe I'd like lock.
We offer memberships to the NPO teotoru (membership fee of ¥3,000/year) with the following Membership Benefits:
1) Inclusion of your ideas for activities, workshops, creative projects, and entrepreneurship ventures at UB1.
2) Access to local products and resources from the surrounding communities.
- Check-out time is also until 17:00. When you check-out, please leave the bed in a tidy state to allow us to easily clean the room.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % et les frais de service vous sont remboursés intégralement.
Cet hôte a 127 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
Hi, this is MOMO of UB1.
UB1 is operated by the Non Profit Organization of developing new products, business idea using local resources.
Also we are studying the possibility of sharing economy and creativities of people.
Our accommodation facilities is opened to everyone who loves Shikoku Island nature, local japanese culture and people's creativity.
Please respect our policy when you come to UB1.
Thanx in advance.