Unique experience, a sort of a time travel back into time. Everything was kept as it was, with improvements of the modern age, deco being a mix of two. Two bedrooms on the first floor and a blue bathroom are connected by a small between space with a shoe closet and a corridor which leeds to the kitchen at the bottom. Kitchen is connected to a big dinning room and living room all in one, and also has two real beds that are used as couches, but can be slept in.
Spacious, warm space. The stone structure of the house keeps coolness during hot summer months and warmth during winter months. Inside of the house is wooden, so the guests can get the fuzzy warm feeling while vacationing, reading, writing books, etc. The house also has the front terrace with comfortable garden chairs and is usually used for breakfast or dinner, and a back garden/terrace with fig trees, rosemary and lavender bushes, benches, and a dinning table. Two hammocks are often used and welcome anybody to swing under the fig tree.
Accès des voyageurs
The acces is best by car, the parking is 200 meters from the house. You can also access it by public transport (we are always ready to pick you up at the station). The house is in the UNESCO protected village walking area, so please have roll suitcases. Buses from Split have a stop in Mimice and also coming from other direction (Dubrovnik, Makarska). We will help you with directions and advice and even arrange a pick-up. There is a walk to the beautiful beaches for about 15 minutes downhill, but the beaches are also accessible by car.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
During your stay there is always somebody from the family who is going to be there to help you with whatever you would need. Don't hesitate to ask. Once during stay, a barbecue will be organized for you, if you would wish so. The village is full with merry people who are helpful in any way.
September and October are the most quiet months with only a few people visiting the village. About the house - the dimensions of the second bedroom door( the one with two single beds) is a bit small because we kept the original dimensions from the 19th century.
The first time it is quite complicated to get to the house, so we send out the detailed pdf file on the exact position with pictures on how to get to the premises.
As this village is protected by UNESCO, there are certain general regulations to be respected:
- no littering (trash bins are placed in bathroom, kitchen and the hallway and will be taken to trash regularly).
- recycling (plastic bottles, cans and glass is recyclable and refundable in Croatia). We would ask you to put them outside of the trash can, so we can take them to the recycling spot.
- compost making (we tend to be as environment friendly as possible), so we placed a little trash can for your leftovers from cooking (vegetables and fruit, no bread or meat leftovers), if you would be kind enough to use it (it will be emptied out every evening).
- there is an electric water heater in the bathroom upstairs, we ask you to turn it on in the evening and off in the morning. It uses up a lot of energy if it's constantly turned on. You can always turn it on if you are lacking hot water, just be mindful of turning it off again when finished.
- we offer the solar heated showers in the garden if you want to use it, and outside there is a kitchen as well, for the barbecue.
- the big terrace is open for all your visitors, you have a lot of cooking devices for all kinds of outside cooking if you want to explore:
1. Big plate for cooking sea shells or delicious meat and vegetable sauces (we could cook some northern Croatian delicacies), it is heated by gas, just ask if you want to use it, we'll gladly help you.
2. Electric grill- for all your fish, stakes, grill dishes, Chinese fondue and Swiss fondue. It can be placed on the table, so you don't have to get up and cook.
3. Fondue dish with forks and a heater (if you are feeling the urge for a Swiss fondue)
All the utensils are downstairs in the kitchen, but don't hesitate to invite friends over and have a unique experience.
If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to call or ask, somebody is going to come and check up on you regularly and take care of the trash.
Have a nice stay,
Cet hôte a 34 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires