[ Good points about the apartment ]
1. Mengyu gave very clear instructions on how to get to the apartment
2. Apartment is very near Ximending, about 5~10 minutes’ walk away.
3. Beef noodle stall & convenience shop located nearby
4. Apartment is near Beimen station, making it easy for us to travel around different places by the Metro.
5. Towels, toothbrushes, hair dryer, microwave are available for use.
Special thanks to Mengyu for the following
6. I think Mengyu actually changed the single bed on the first floor to a double bed for us, which is great!
7. We bought a lot of food in Jiufen and had it courier to the apartment. Unfortunately we gave the wrong address and it was delivered to somewhere near Taipei Main Station. I was informed that the boss had kindly driven there to pick up the package for us, really thankful to the host for such a great service!
[ Other points to note for future guests ]
8. This apartment doesn’t seem like a residential apartment, but more of a hostel I guess? (Check out DB Hotel Taipei if you're interested.)
9. Microwave seems old, but usable. Washing machine is a little dirty inside and so we did not use it. TV is not the HD kind, but still watchable.
10. There are bugs inside the apartment, but I guess if you shut the windows and turn on the insect repellent machine (?) provided, there wouldn’t be any more bugs.
11. Bathroom toilet is really pretty small as shown in the photo, and the toilet floor is slightly dirty
12. Like most other reviewers mentioned, the “ceiling” on the second floor is low. Anyone above 1.72m tall will literally have to bend down their heads which standing. So it could be quite a hassle for them to use the toilet, which is on the second floor.
[ Overall comment ]
Generally, the location and services provided by the host are very good. Even though there are certain undesirable factors, but overall they are still bearable and the positive factors would outweigh then. It’s a value-for-money stay I would say!