À propos de ce logement
Welcome to our home!
We are located in Lakeview, right on a tree lined street along Southport Corridor, about 3 minutes from the Brown Line, amazing restaurants, fantastic shopping, and centralized location.
This newly remodeled apartment offers lots of space, a cozy back yard, plenty of sunshine, and a great front stoop for watching the city go by.
We're a family occupied building with small children & dogs. You'll hear laughter, pitter-patter, live music and great conversations!
This bright, warm, and charming apartment is nestled in the Lakeview neighborhood near the premier corner of Southport and Addison. The building sits on a quiet, tree-lined street with a lovely, small neighborhood playground just steps from the home.
The apartment has 3 bedrooms, 1 queen, 2 double beds, and 1 twin. If you chose to work on your visit, take advantage of the office nook. If you are traveling with small children, enjoy the complimentary baby and toddler items, a travel crib and high chair (upon request). Wood floors throughout.
The large living room is a great place to wind-down and relax. Curl up on the overstuffed sofas and read a book. High-speed internet throughout the building – from the front steps to the backyard.
Walk to Wrigley Field to cheer on the Chicago Cubs and find great dining and shopping along Southport Avenue. Take advantage of the Divvy Bike rentals and head to the beach or take the Brownline L downtown or to visit other great Chicago neighborhoods.
Enjoy free laundry during your stay. This apartment comes with a high efficiency washer and dryer.
Interested in making dinner at home or would you prefer to grill outside? You’ll find all your grocery needs at Jewel, just a few blocks away. Nearby you can also find your favorites at Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s.
The kitchen is fully outfitted for cooking meals with pots & pans, small kitchen appliances (coffee maker, toaster, etc), mixing bowls, cooking utensils, baking dishes, serving dishes, measuring cups and spoons, etc. Dishes, flatware, glasses, mugs, salt & pepper mills, creamer & sugar bowl, and place-mats are also furnished. Children's plates, cups, and cutlery provided.
Accès des voyageurs
Shared Back Patio
Small Children's Pool
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Usually available 24/7 - reach out by phone/text/email to help answer questions and share travel stories. We can give directions and help if possible.
We also are available to share restaurant and entertainment activities, including theaters, bars, shopping, museums, etc.
Just let us know if you're looking for something and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction.
Lakeview has one of the best theater districts, the Cubs, and many small, yet wonderful accoutrements that add flavor to the neighborhood. Some of the best coffee, tea, and restaurants are just a short walk away. The Southport Corridor is one of the most thriving, small-town-feel areas still left in the city.
We are 2 blocks north of the Brown line Southport stop. It takes 5 minutes from our front door to the station, walking at a leisurely pace.
Addison also has a fairly regular bus line running in both directions, making it easy to get to the Blue line (O'Hare), or the lake front.
Getting to Midway (Orange line) you need to transfer downtown to the Brown line.
Taxis, Uber/Lyft, or other private modes of transportation are easily/readily available.
Divvy Bike Rental - Southport and Waveland, Southport and Roscoe.
Parking is available on the streets, but is restricted to permits from 6p-6a. Unfortunately we cannot provide permits as they are strictly limited by our alderman. Other services, such as Spothero and ParkWhiz are available with nearby locations.
p3.description.licenseCity registration pending
No late night parties, no smoking, no debauchery. Honestly, this is a neighborhood with lots of great people, we ask that you respect the neighbors, don't litter, and clean up after yourselves. Not to mention, we live upstairs, so please respect our space and you'll have a great time. Common sense to throw away your garbage, wash your dishes, and notify us if anything is broken or not working.
Often times we can accept last-minute bookings, up until 7p (message us if you're in doubt). But please note that this is generally not possible for weekend visits (especially Saturday nights). We'll do our best to accommodate, but we're often offline for part of the weekend and it is really hard to book on a Saturday for a Saturday visit.
In order to provide a rejuvenating, tranquil, and retreat-like atmosphere for guests, as well as a healthy, comfortable and safe environment, the following are the rules of our house. It is your responsibility to not only read these rules once, but to be aware of and follow all of them throughout your stay at our home. Most of what follows is common sense or common courtesy. The rules serve to protect you as a guest by helping ensure that the environment you find here is the one that we intended to create.
Please keep in mind:
You will be sharing common areas with other guests, and thus the cleanliness of the common areas is far more dependent upon all guests cleaning up after themselves, than it is upon our cleaning. Most guests do very well in keeping apartments and common areas clean!
1) Kindly remove shoes upon entering the house. If you’re going in and out, we understand taking off and putting on shoes is a hassle, but if you are inside for any length of time, please take off your shoes (especially heels).
2) Please do not drag luggage up or down the stairs.
3) Please leave things as they are in your room: do not remove pictures from walls, don't move furniture around, and do not remove the comforter cover from the comforter or the mattress protector from the mattress. Also, it should not be necessary to say, but since some guests have done this, we must add: please do not take any of our personal possessions out of our home for any reason.
4) NO SMOKING (or "vaping") of any substance inside or outside house, and please do not smoke on the sidewalk in front of the house or in front of our neighbors’ houses, as this results in dropped butts littering the street and yards. NO SMOKING in our backyard either (our children and pets play back there, and though it might seem like an easy step outside for a quick puff, our air intake is right there, and we don’t want smoke in our home).
5) No pets/animals may be brought to my home. Any guests who intend to bring an animal, MUST disclose this prior to booking. There is an additional fee for bringing your pet. In the case of a guest who fails to disclose that they intend to bring an animal prior to making a reservation, and arrives with an animal, their reservation will not be honored and they will be turned away. All pets must be crated when the owner is not here in case we need to enter the apartment, we don' want a surprise.
6) For the better health of all, this is a fragrance/chemical free environment --no fragrances – no perfumes/colognes, “air fresheners”, laundry soap with fragrance, fabric softeners, incense. Shampoo with fragrance is fine. If something smells off, we need to know about it, instead of masking it.
7) Due to danger of fire, NO candles, space heaters or open flames may be used in the house.
8) Rooms come already furnished, and guests may not bring additional furniture.
9) Guests may not bring a huge amount of belongings -- please limit yourself to 2-3 suitcases.
10) Please use laundry facilities at your discretion, cleaning out lint traps and not overloading machines.
11) When you are done using the kitchen, leave no dishes or food in the sink, on counters, on the stove, or in any common area. Please wash your dishes and put them away. The kitchen should look as though you were never there.
12) No heavy/greasy cooking in the kitchen. Please, if you spill things on the stovetop, clean it up. Do not leave spills to bake onto the stovetop, which makes them hard or impossible to clean off.
13) Please don't store your items anywhere but in your apartment, or they may be removed or discarded, as we will assume a departing guest has left them.
14) Please do not consume food or beverage in the bed as this can cause damage to linens.
15) Dishes may not be stored in the bedrooms.
16) Do not leave personal belongings in common spaces when done with those areas.
17) After use of the bathtub/shower and sink, please clean out hair from the drain/floor area and sink area and make sure tub/shower is basically clean. Do not remove the drain screens from tub/sink as those help prevent clogs. Do not use hair dyes in tub/shower as this will cause damage to the facility (and yourself).
18) Common areas and apartments are cleaned after each visit. Apart from this, guests are expected to clean common areas after use and clean their own rooms during their stay.
19) Longer term guests: in order to prevent the problem of stale, unpleasant odors emanating from rooms and into common spaces or other's rooms, room windows need to be opened periodically to air out the room. If stale odors become a problem, we will enter apartments to air out these spaces.
20) Apartments occupancy is based on the agreed number of guests only, and guests may not bring any others to visit to the apartment, neither overnight or during the day, unless this has already been previously discussed and approved by us. No exceptions will be made.
21)House quiet hours are 10pm to 7am. To help preserve the tranquil environment, please keep electronic players and/or voices down at all times, and do not have cell phone, facetime, or other conversations in the house (or on the sidewalk out front of our house, or in our backyard) after 10pm to avoid disturbing others.
22) No socializing in the house after 10pm.
23) Please do not bring bikes or additional furniture into rooms. Because bike storage space is limited, please ask us before bringing a bike to the house, as there may or may not be room for additional bikes. Bikes may not be parked/stored anywhere on the property except in bike storage area.
24) We had hoped that we wouldn’t have to say this, but because some guests have done this we have to say: you may not be present in our house in an intoxicated state. Neither we nor other guests at our house want to have to interact with an intoxicated person or have our sleep disrupted at our house by someone who arrives drunk late at night. Persons who are intoxicated in our house will be asked to leave our house and find another place to stay.
25) NO mail may be received by guests at our home. There are UPS and FedEx places nearby where you can receive mail. Unauthorized mail will be refused delivery and returned to the mail carrier.
26) Please exercise common sense and good judgment throughout your stay. Examples of not using good judgment:
a.Piling up dishes too high so they fall out onto the floor.
b.Putting on makeup or hair gel and then lying down on our linens, thus damaging them.
c.Leaving cigars or cigarettes in the yard.
27) Guest agrees to pay Host for damages or loss for any of Host's property damaged/lost by the Guest.
28) In order to save ourselves, and our guests, from trouble in the case of any guest refusing to follow house rules, significant violation of house rules may result in immediate termination of the reservation and/or forfeiture of the total cost of reservation.
29) When checking out, leave the back door unbolted, go out the front door and close the door completely behind you.
30) Note check out time of 11am. You must leave no later than checkout time unless discussed and approved by us.
31) Arbitration. All claims and disputes for total amounts greater than $5000, with the exception of Unlawful Detainer actions, arising under or relating to this Agreement are to be settled by Binding Arbitration in the state of Illinois. An award of arbitration may be confirmed in a court of competent jurisdiction.
If we are around, we will orient you to the house when you arrive. We look forward to meeting you!
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % et les frais de service vous sont remboursés intégralement.
Cet hôte a 23 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
My name is JP, and I'm an active person. I play the piano and accordion in my band, run with my dog, ride bicycles with my family, ride motorcycles with my friends, and love to cook. I read a lot, do crossword puzzles as often as possible, and love to learn new languages.
My favorite question to ask people is, "What do you do for fun?". I don't care about your job or career, unless that's your fun. Otherwise, let's have a conversation and get to know each other!