Stroll to the beach through beautiful Palisades Park, from this old world charming pied-a-terre. Shop or have a fabulous dinner at a Montana Ave. hotspot or the Promenade. All of Los Angeles is easily accessible.
The futon sofa pictured is a queen size bed, plus I have another single futon for a second person.
There is nothing commonplace about my space. It's comfortable, colorful, beautiful and airy. You'll be ready to explore the sights after a good night's sleep on the queen size or single futon. I love that the temperature is practically perfect year round in Santa Monica. This apartment has high ceilings and lots of windows to bless it with fresh ocean breezes.
Accès des voyageurs
I have a wide variety of teas to help you start your day. But one of the best parts of visiting Santa Monica is breakfast at Marmalade, just up Montana Avenue, which I like to call "Beverly Hills for locals." You can order whatever your heart desires, while chatting with locals at the community table. We can discuss use of the kitchen situation if you plan to stay longer than a week.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I'm a quiet and private person, and I respect my guests' privacy. But it is nice sometimes to share stories and raise the occasional glass of fine California cabernet... or perhaps a pinot. Je parle un petit peu Francais und ein bisschen Deutch and appreciate opportunities to practice.
What I love best about living in Los Angeles County is not the red carpet galas or sitting next to Mel Brooks or Robert Downey, Jr. at my neighborhood coffee shop (though that does happen fairly often). I love the easy access to amazing wilderness trails. I'm an enthusiastic hiker, and one of my favorite trails (including a 4 tiered waterfall!) is just up the road in Malibu, and you can actually take a bus there from downtown Santa Monica! I adore sharing this precious natural gem with my guests. There are shops in the neighborhood where you can rent a bike by the day or week.
One more thing, I just want you to know how really great it's been for me, making space in my home for friends from all over the world.
1. The Golden Rule - do unto others' stuff as you would have others do unto your stuff.
2. Be clean and reasonably orderly, treat the apartment and my things with kindness, and we'll get along great.
3. Shoes come off at the door, please.
4. Do not leave damp towels or clothes lying on the bed, they will sour and cause the mattress to smell.
5. For the same reason, please do not sleep on the decorative pillows. I have nice feather pillows in nice clean pillow cases for your comfort.
6. Also, during cool/cold weather, do not stack things on the radiator (under white cover in corner). The steam heat is controlled by the building, and when it turns on, the pillows or whatever else is on top of it will roast.
7. As obvious as it sounds, please brush your teeth in the bathroom. On numerous occasions I have noticed that people with electric toothbrushes like to wander about while brushing their teeth.
8. Please do not wash hair down the bathroom sink. The pipes are narrow, and it clogs quite easily.
9. DO NOT INVITE OVER STRANGERS.