This early 1850's farmhouse is located in the heart of Mid-Coast Maine. Perfect for those wishing to explore the many attractions of the region. At home you can watch sheep grazing & enjoy fresh eggs from the farm's chickens. The house has an attached fenced dog yard. Your hosts live next door. On the other side is East Forty Farm and Dairy, where you can purchase organic cow cheese & wood products. Working draft horses, cows & other farm animals grace the pastures of their organic farm.
Upstairs 4 bedrooms: 1 Q, 1 Q, 1 Dbl, 1 pair of twins. First floor: Large dinning room, country kitchen with view of the flocks. screened porch to enjoy the sunsets. Comfy parlor and a "sitting room" for relaxing. Fenced dog yard with access from kitchen via doggie & human doors. A bathroom with shower on each floor. If first floor bed or additional beds are needed the parlor has a "day bed" and trundle to sleep 2, sitting room w/ hide-a-bed for 1.
Accès des voyageurs
Guests have the entire house, porch and dog yard.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We live in the adjacent farmhouse (shared driveway access). We are generally around or easily available by cell phone if you have questions. We are happy to give directions and suggestions for places and events in the area to visit. Our chickens are housed in the barn at Tall Tree Farm and we work in and around the farm several times a day. Customers come to buy eggs self-serve. Our dogs do bark at times so take that into consideration if barking bothers you.
Your responsibly managed pets are welcome in the house, the fenced yard, or on lead on the lawns - but cannot be allowed near the sheep, chickens or the dogs living next door with us. Nor can they visit the farm next door.
This is an old farmhouse with the charms and quirks of such. Large groups may need to use well water a bit sparingly.
1. No smoking anywhere on premises - inside or outside. Due to the fire danger of an old farmhouse, barn, summer-dry fields, hay, livestock bedding, etc. we cannot allow any smoking or outdoor fires (grills).
2. Be respectful of our furnishings, artwork, livestock and neighbors.
3. Dogs must be on lead when not in house or fenced dog yard. Please clean up after your pets in and out.
4. Please do not enter sheep pastures, chicken pens or barn (except the self-serve egg buying area).
5. Parking area accommodates 4 vehicles.
6. House is not appropriate for toddlers due to steep stairs.