Green Room Gardens is a contemporary self catering studio apartment situated on the 17th floor of the Gardens Centre in the heart of Cape Town and boasts a spectacular view of Table Mountain.
This non-smoking apartment is available for medium term lets from three weeks to three months, and can accommodate either a single person or a couple (no children).
The open-plan apartment consists of kitchen, breakfast and living room areas with flat-screen TV, entertainment centre with DVD/CD player, bedroom area with double bed and dresser, walk-in closet area, separate bathroom with shower, and has 24-hour manned security. Free fibre internet access is provided.
Accès des voyageurs
Probably the best thing about the apartment (other than the view) is its location. Three elevators give quick access to all of the amenities of the Gardens Centre, including restaurants, high-end shops, supermarkets, internet cafe, laundry, banks, travel agents, a gym, and more. There is also a doctor's office, dentist and a beauty salon on the Mezzanine floor of the apartment tower. There are a couple of laundry services in the vicinity, with the closest being Speediwash, located across the East entrance of the parking garage on Buitenkant Street.
Secure indoor or rooftop parking is available should you need it and can be rented from the Omnipark office in the parking garage at either a monthly or a daily rate. The shopping centre and entrance to the apartment tower can be accessed from the parking garage via lifts. Please see below for parking tariffs.
So, what else is included in the rent?
- Water and electricity are provided for free within reason (but please use these sparingly as both are scarce resources in our country!).
- Two sets of linen and towels.
- Pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, stove, convection microwave, toaster, kettle, dish cloths, etc.
- Extra blankets for cold nights.
- Iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner, broom, mop, dustpan and brush, clothes hangers, step ladder, hair dryer.
- Free cable TV (M-Net)
- A few books, DVDs, board games
Extra costs to figure into your stay (these are all subject to change as they are not provided by me, but I will try to keep them updated - all prices in ZAR):
Rooftop - R401 p/m
Indoor - R588 p/m
Daily rate: R30
Laundry (wash and dry)*:
0 - 4kg - R59
4 - 6kg - R69
6 - 8kg - R93
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I will personally meet you upon arrival to show you around and answer any questions you may have. If I am not available I will send a friend or family member. After check-in I am always available via e-mail or via phone for more urgent matters. All questions will be answered quickly and if you have any problems I will try my best to solve them for you.
The apartment is self-catering and will only be cleaned before and after your stay. Cleaning equipment and products are provided in the apartment for your convenience. Should you require additional help, please ask me for the details of an affordable and reliable cleaning service.
1. No furniture or any items that are in the apartment at the time of arrival may be moved or removed from the apartment, with the exception of laundry items. Please make sure that all linen and towels, etc. have been returned to the apartment before checking out. A complete list of inventory is available.
2. Strictly no smoking allowed in the apartment, any area of the apartment tower or inside the Gardens shopping centre.
3. Guests will be held responsible for the cost of damage, breakages and the loss of the key. These costs will be deducted from your AirBnB security deposit in compliance with AirBnB's regulations for claims on security deposits.
4. Maximum occupancy is 2 PERSONS. No persons other than those quoted for are permitted to share the accommodation unit. You may not sub-let the apartment or make it in any way available to anyone other than the person/s who made the booking and/or was named in the enquiry pre-booking.
5. Please do not use water on the laminate floors, as they may be damaged. Only cleaning product provided underneath the sink may be used.
6. Please make sure all windows are closed and the door is securely locked before you leave.
7. Utilities: Please turn off all electrical appliances and lights when not in use and whenever you leave the apartment. Excessive water or electricity use may be charged for extra. (I.e. more than double the average usage for the season).
8. Quiet Hours for the building are 10 PM to 8 AM. This applies to week days as well as weekends. Please keep all noise levels to a minimum during these hours.
11. Check out will be by 10:00AM (unless other arrangements are made ahead of time).
12. Neither the owner of the apartment nor any persons responsible for cleaning or check-in/check-out accept any liability for damages, injury or loss of property as a result of your staying in the apartment. By accepting these house rules you agree that occupation of the apartment is at your own risk.
I'm a freelance writer and traveller and use AirBnB both as a host and as a guest. I am landlord of the Green Room Gardens Self Catering Apartment in Gardens, Cape Town. I live about 50 km's away, but I'm always available by phone or email. If I'm not available to come and meet you personally, it will be one of my (friendly) family members who checks you in or out of the apartment and shows you around upon your arrival. As my guest you're welcome to contact me if you have any questions about the apartment or vicinity, need advice, recommendations, etc. If there are any problems, please contact me directly so I can solve it! But please, also be mindful that as an owner-run business I can only do my best to make things as comfortable as possible for you, but it's still self-catering so please don't expect a 5-star hotel service with concierge! However, I will always do my best to help you as quickly as possible, within reason.