À propos de ce logement
Sleep under massive oaks and enjoy the native of landscape Topanga Canyon. Warm up around the fire pit in the teepee while lounging on a giant circular couch. Hike up Red Rock Cyn or hit the beaches, then cook a fabulous meal in a modern kitchen.
PLEASE NOTE: The price listed above is for the main house only, which has 3 beds and 2 bathrooms. The apartment below contains the 4th bedroom and 3rd bathroom. Which is available for an extra $150/night.
ALSO, when requesting a booking please be very clear about your intentions for the space. If you are interested in using the property for anything other than staying and/or are interested in having anyone other than the allotted number of guests we need to have a discussion about it before you arrive.
About 2 miles from the center of Topanga and 10 minutes from the beach, just off Old Topanga Canyon Road, the house is nestled under 250 year old oaks, alongside a seasonal creek, backed by a mountain of native plants and trees, and set on 4 acres of land. Windows abound, allowing for the integration of inside and out. The landscape is full of life... one shouldn't be surprised to encounter rabbit deer squirrels frogs hawks woodpeckers owls bluejays hummingbirds raccoons coyotes bobcats and even a company of parrots who frequent the nearby trees.
The house itself is a museum of sorts, initially built in 1920's and added onto ever since, it's both modern and rustic, cozy, yet full of modern amenities. Most rooms contain custom steel, glass, stone and wood works by the owner, and curios from around the world. There's a fully equipped gourmet kitchen with a four foot wolf range including an indoor grill and hood, and everything else one might need to prepare wonderful meals and entertain others. You'll find a nice array of spices, sugar, flour etc. Pick up fresh veggies and such at our local farmers market on Fridays (just 2 miles away) or a more robust market on Saturdays in nearby Calabasas.
Out behind the house is a 20 foot teepee built upon a 700 square foot wood deck with a huge built in wrap around couch and a drop in fire pit to keep you warm. (pictures coming soon, but ask and i'll gladly send you a snapshot)
On cold winter days, cozy up in front of the stone fireplace in the middle of the house. There's wonderful outdoor lighting and strings of commercial lights throughout the property, with a large wood deck overlooking the seasonal creek and huge patio behind the house. There are ample places to meander inside and out, making it a fabulous place for either casual gatherings or formal weddings. With a 9 foot long table inside and massive 12 foot long table on the back patio you'll have no trouble seating any and all that come. Don't forget to find air on the 14 foot trampoline, acrobatic hoop and floating bed... all on the property.
Many cell phones don't work in many areas of the canyon, including this one, but there are two dedicated phone lines, one for the apartment one for the house, for your use. If you desire to watch the tube, there is a flat screen tv with cable. You can make use of the high speed internet service anywhere on the property, or play music through the available Sonos system.
AND for an additional cost, there is also available a 700sf apartment below. If you have never experienced radiant heated floors, you are in for a treat. . . hand finished, concrete heated floors throughout ensure that you will always be the perfect temperature. The queen size bed is a serta gel foam mattress... wonderful to sleep on. The kitchen is stocked with a set of cuisinart all-clad stainless pots and pans and plenty of basics to get you started with any meal. In the apartment there is also another large flat screen TV.
HOLIDAYS AND EVENTS: I charge more for holiday's and events, send me your details and I'll send you a price quote.
NO EXTRA PEOPLE ON PROPERTY: It is NOT okay to invite any persons other than those in the booking party to come onto the property without my permission.
NO PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILM: with the exception of OBVIOUS personal family and friend snap shots one might take while on vacation, there is to be NO filming or photography shot on the grounds without prior asking. Photo and Film Shoots are priced differently and a deal must be worked out with the owner beforehand. I have no interest in low budget projects, but am otherwise open to discussing photo and film work for a reasonable price.
WEDDINGS AND EVENTS:
I do occasionally rent out the property for weddings and events. Prices start at about $3000... dependent upon the number of guests and the time of year. These prices do not include any nights your party might desire to stay at the house.
Write with any other questions you might have.
Accès des voyageurs
Everything on the property.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
As much or as little as they like. Unless I am out of town, I am usually close by and make myself available to them if needed.
Really need to have a car to get around up here.
1.Cell phones often do not work up here... There is a dedicated phone line provided with the rental. Calls are not to be made outside the country unless made with a prepaid calling card.
2.Septic: please DO NOT flush anything but toilet paper down the toilets. Our septic system can only accept toilet paper. Unclogging the lines is unpleasant at the very least and you won't enjoy not having use of the toilet/s if this happens. ALSO please do not wash grease down the sinks. Wipe pans with paper towels and throw into the trash before washing very greasy pans.
3. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and a Pet Addendum must be completed... there is also an extra cleaning fee of $100 for pets
4. Housekeeping: There is mandatory weekly house keeping service included in the rate.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
6. People other than those in the Guest party may NOT come onto the property unless something has been worked out beforehand with owner. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
7. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
8. Smoking is allowed outside only.
9. I will gladly cover the Utilities costs as long as they are kept in check. I will provide one tank of propane for the summer months... i never use that much. If another is needed you will be held responsible for the cost of it.
10. NO FILMING OR PHOTOGRAPHY is allowed on the property except for the VERY OBVIOUS PERSONAL use of the people staying here.
11. FIREPLACE … There is a chain just inside the fireplace on the left hand side… use it to open the damper up top. It only needs to be opened halfway. If you do not open it the house will fill with smoke. After your fire has gone out, please pull the damper back into the closed position. There is wood outside if you desire to make a fire. YOU MUST USE FIRE SCREEN while burning a fire… ashes fly out all the time and have burned holes in the floor before.
12. OUTDOOR FIRES: Topanga is very dry and fire’s are easily started…. NO OUTDOOR FIRES ARE ALLOWED ….
13. FIRE PIT IN THE TEEPEE… Behind the stairs under the right hand side of the deck you will find a space for a 5 gallon propane tank. Turn on the gas from here before turing the key on in the TeePee. You will hear the gas flowing when you turn the key and will need to light the gas with a flame … DO NOT PUT FIREWOOD ON TOP OF THE GLASS… the pit is for use with propane only. I will provide a couple of tanks for your use. If you use more than that please either leave $25/tank for the ones you have emptied or you can go refill them. There are a number of gas stations down in the valley that refill tanks… i can let you know where if you would like.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % et les frais de service vous sont remboursés intégralement.
Cet hôte a 128 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
I have lived and traveled in quite a few worlds… lived in Madrid and NYC, on a boat in Alaska, Santiago for a short bit, all over LA, and have visited many more. My daughter, Ezra, our great dane Puppy Caballo and I much enjoy having people come and share the land with us. Topanga is incredibly special place… a unique bohemian enclave you won't find anywhere else in Los Angeles, possibly the world over. A nice mixture of hippy and now yippy, outbackers, healers, artists, even some survivalists. You can be a hermit or involve yourself in the art, music, restaurants and events happening all about town. As for us, we are social creatures who are here if you need us but are just as happy to allow you to enjoy the property and surrounding land in peace.
Ezra goes to school and I design and build fabulous, functional pieces from metal and wood (many of the architectural elements you'll find around my house were built my me). My business partner and I work out of our shop about 1/2 mile from the house where we build metal and wood works by hand.