My romantic house is warm,comfortable & beautiful, filled with antiques& local art,stocked kitchen, in quite tranquil setting,has a large privacy fenced yard with majestic Oaks, wood burning fireplace in the family room, front porch with swing and outdoor dining area on patio.
Here are your directions….
Asheville Historic Oak Cottage Homestay 196 Tacoma Circle, Asheville 28801
Check in is from 4:00 pm Check out is by 11:00 am
Your code to the lock box is 7072, lock box is located on post of back porch.
*****QUIET AFTER 10 pm*****
• From I 240 , take exit 4C ( Montford Ave) • Go approx .07 miles , Turn LEFT onto Watauga Ave • At stop sign, turn LEFT onto Pearson Drive • Go 100 FEET, take RIGHT onto Tacoma St
***GPS will take you to the front of the house, follow below to go to the back and parking area***
• Once you turn onto Tacoma St., you will come down about ¼ of a mile and the road will slightly curve to the right, to your left you will see “do not enter signs”, this is where the street becomes one way, Tacoma Circle.
Drive about 50 feet and you will see SLALI Alley to your LEFT, turn up this alley. Go about 50-60 feet and you will see a privacy fence and gate on your left that has 196 on it. Beyond the garage you will see a sign attached to wood fence, 196 Parking, and arrow pointing to the left, this is where you enter thru gate to graveled parking area. Park in graveled area ONLY, or 1 car can park beside back gate( with 196 on it) entrance , NOT IN FRONT NEIGHBORS GARAGE DOOR or ON THE STREET IN FRONT OR BEHIND HOUSE. •
• In addition to linens and towels, I provide 1 starter roll paper towels and TP for each bathroom, dishwasher and HAND soap
• PLEASE BE VERY CONSCIOUS OF NOISE LEVELS, NO ACTIVITY AT FIRE PIT AFTER ELEVEN ( 11:00pm).
THE HOUSE IS LOCATED IN A VERY PEACEFUL AND QUITE AREA, I ASK YOU TO PLEASE RESPECT THE NEIGHBORS AND THE HOUSE AS IF IT WERE YOUR OWN. COMPLIANCE WITH THIS ALLOWS ME TO CONTINUE TO OFFER MY HOME AS A VACATION RENTAL, SO I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP !
• There are condiments & spices in the fridge and cabinets, feel free to use anything you want. • There is a DVD player attached to the TV in the den, there are some DVD’s on the bookcase. • The Hisense remote turns on the TV and controls the volume. If you are not getting a signal , make sure TV is set on HDMI 1 by pushing input button at top right of remote , then scroll down and select ENTER. This remote also controls NETFLEX option and other available games. • To watch a DVD : DVD player is on mantel under cable box , turn power on with Sony remote , then use the Hisense remote , push “ input button” , scroll to “ AV” and hit ENTER button . Use Sony remote to control movie. • The silver Charter remote controls the cable box, use system on/off button is on top left to turn ON. Guide button shows you all channels, Page up is on left, Page down is on right; these show you all channels a page at a time.
• Towels and washcloths are located in each bedroom.
• For wireless internet: connect to: Asheville Historic Cottage, Password is : oakcottage
• IF USING FIREPLACE, OPEN DAMPER FIRST. CLOSE DAMPER WHEN FIRE COMPLETELY FINISHED AND NOT SMOKING
1. Please strip beds of sheets only and leave them in the kitchen floor.
2. Please leave all dirty towels in pile on kitchen floor.
3. Please empty trash and recyclables in cans outside of the back gate, up to the left against fence, just past my garage,
4. Please empty any leftover food from the refrigerator and load all dirty dishes into dishwasher, start before leaving.
Please turn heat down to 55, make sure fireplace damper is closed and leave keys in the lock box.
Have a safe trip home! We hope you have enjoyed your stay at “Asheville’s Historic Oak Cottage “, if so please feel free to tell your friends about us and please review us on line. For any problems, First call Terri @ , Micheline @ or Judy@
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside, smoking is allowed outside only and please pick up butts.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest and may be removed by owner.
3. This unit is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed.
7. Parking: PARKING – Parking is limited to 3 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only, (on gravel parking pad beside garage or directly beside back gate entrance). Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring extra towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
9. Hot Tub: N/A
10. Fireplace: The fireplace is WOOD BURNING. You MUST OPEN DAM1PER before use and please close upon checking out. Any damage caused due to failure to open damper is completely your (Guest) responsibility. There will be NO wood provided. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 %. En cas d'annulation au cours des 7 jours précédant le voyage, la réservation est non remboursable.
I am a native of Charlotte N.C., have lived in Asheville for 20 years and love it.
Sixteen years ago I joined with a partner and opened a wonderful live music club and special events venue, Tressa's Jazz and Blues, a must while visiting downtown o.r planning an event in Asheville
I enjoy traveling , all outdoor activities, photography and spending time with family , friends and my sweet pup , Casper.
I can give you geat ideas for how to spend your time while in Asheville , from dining to great hikes that only the locals know.
I look forward to hosting you and helping to make your visit to Asheville a wonderful experience.